Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Other than your signature, when's the last time you physically wrote a word?

I ran out of eggs this morning and grabbed some scrap paper and jotted down "eggs" and stuffed it in my pocket. Pulled it out an hour or so ago and realized that one, my penmanship has gone to shit, and two, I'm pretty sure that other than signing debit slips "eggs" was the first time I put pen to paper in at least 4 days.

This were 1990 or there about it feels like that'd be completely insane, now it's the norm. Feels like the actual physical written word has become endangered. Maybe it's just me, but that sort of weirds me out.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
DMV2
And...they stank!

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Other than your signature, when's the last time you physically wrote a word?

Not including taking notes in class, I still use a paper-based planner that I write on daily. Same with at work, I write down everything.

I'm not comfortable enough with electronics to get away from print. So I'll probably be writing things down as much as pressing buttons on a phone or computer.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
CeltsGarlic
Dos Santos

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Other than your signature, when's the last time you physically wrote a word?

Almost every day.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last meeting at work.
I never write anything outside though.
Good thread.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I'm not in class, never.

I had a similar experience with my midterm on Thursday. I realized that aside from the few notes I have to take by hand, that I almost never write. and I suffered some major hand cramps writing 8 pages of essays.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

20 minutes ago. I write every day with pen and paper, the concentration you get cannot be matched.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
DMV2
And...they stank!

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
If I'm not in class, never.

I had a similar experience with my midterm on Thursday. I realized that aside from the few notes I have to take by hand, that I almost never write. and I suffered some major hand cramps writing 8 pages of essays.
Why didn't you type your 8-page essay? I think I've always type my essays, especially if they're longer than 5 pages.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
DMV2
And...they stank!

Kinda similar to the way people are with math. Everybody uses calculators that you forgot how to do it on paper.

I actually had to show 3 classmates on how to do conversions recently, they couldn't do. They couldn't do it and didn't understand the instructor's method. These are 20-something year-old students.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Why didn't you type your 8-page essay? I think I've always type my essays, especially if they're longer than 5 pages.
Because he wouldn't let us, it was an in class midterm.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
DMV2
And...they stank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Because he wouldn't let us, it was an in class midterm.
English classes! I remember those days. I don't remember ever having to write more than 5 pages though.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
nathanjizzle
Not a genius :(

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

wow, such a cool story.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
English classes! I remember those days. I don't remember ever having to write more than 5 pages though.
Lol worse, Tennessee government. I finished English classes long ago, and never had essays in class. I think I could count on one hand the number of professors I've had do in class essays.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Other than a grocery list I rarely actually write anything. I had to send a check to a friend of mine (long story) the other week and decided to include a short note. Jeez that was hard to do. I had to re-copy it twice because my handwriting was so atrocious.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

signed this girls tits a couple days ago
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Probably every day. At work, writing checks to pay bills, grocery lists, etc...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: