Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default This West Coast Swing is NOT the season - Don't Buy Into the Doom....

This week is irrelevent. It is. I know it pisses eveyrone off when we lose, especially when we don't compete. But the fact of the matter is this, with Melo rounding into form from an injury, Amare just out, putting together a new rotation again, it's going to take time before the Knicks round into form. And it's the worst time for it.

But we will be ok or not ok regardless of what happens this week. The seeding is not that important. It's really not. What is important is how we are playing by season end. Real Talk, is it that bad to fall to 5th or 6th and have the Nets pass us if we played them? We'd have SEVEN home games.

So everyone take some deep breaths, and chill - and get back to me in 3 weeks.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This West Coast Swing is NOT the season - Don't Buy Into the Doom....

I totally agree. Far too much emphasis is being put on this road trip. Far too much emphasis is being placed on being #1 in the Atlantic. Besides, Brooklyn has an 8 game road trip too if I'm not mistaken.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: This West Coast Swing is NOT the season - Don't Buy Into the Doom....

We'll win a couple I think.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

I dont think seeding is relevant but the only caveat is dont face Miami the 1st round thats all.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont think seeding is relevant but the only caveat is dont face Miami the 1st round thats all.
Why not? You're more than likely going to have to play them eventually on your way to a championship.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Why not? You're more than likely going to have to play them eventually on your way to a championship.
If the team does play them eventually it would need time to heal and build confidence to advance. The chances of any team beating the Heat is low so lets increase the odds by facing them later.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Told you.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Told you.

Your Nets have done better on road trip than us though.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Your Nets have done better on road trip than us though.
I'm not a Net fan. You don't live in NY? Yankee fans don't comment on Nets? Giant fans don't watch Jet games?

Am i the only one of everyone who lives in the city?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think he likes Nets more than the Knicks but he certainly watches them more than any of us do.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't think he likes Nets more than the Knicks but he certainly watches them more than any of us do.

Any competitive game. Not Nets/Cat where they win by 30. No thank you. I also watch every Laker game and almost every OKC game (I like to watch OKC). And pretty much a lot of other compelling games. I remember being told i'm a Laker fan and an OKC fan and anti spur and a Nugget fan pre Melo trade and on and on. I don't like the homers who only watch their teams and have this tunnel vision that gives them no perspective.

Rest assured my psycho homerism will come out in the playoffs especially if we play the Heat. That will break me.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Any competitive game. Not Nets/Cat where they win by 30. No thank you. I also watch every Laker game and almost every OKC game (I like to watch OKC). And pretty much a lot of other compelling games. I remember being told i'm a Laker fan and an OKC fan and anti spur and a Nugget fan pre Melo trade and on and on. I don't like the homers who only watch their teams and have this tunnel vision that gives them no perspective.

Rest assured my psycho homerism will come out in the playoffs especially if we play the Heat. That will break me.
I watch other teams a lot too. Mostly the ones that appear on national TV a lot because that games are usually the best.

Since LeBron came to Miami I watched them a lot because I was hoping they would fail. After they won the title I don't watch them as much.
This season I watch the Lakers a lot because it's funny to see them lose

From lesser popular teams I like to watch the Warriors but they play too late (4:30 am in my country) so I watched only like 10 of their games this season.

But my schedule is basically every Knicks game + most of the good games on national TV.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I watch other teams a lot too. Mostly the ones that appear on national TV a lot because that games are usually the best.

Since LeBron came to Miami I watched them a lot because I was hoping they would fail. After they won the title I don't watch them as much.
This season I watch the Lakers a lot because it's funny to see them lose

From lesser popular teams I like to watch the Warriors but they play too late (4:30 am in my country) so I watched only like 10 of their games this season.

But my schedule is basically every Knicks game + most of the good games on national TV.

Have you been to any games at Barclays? The Nets crowd is bizarre, it's light years better than Jersey but even when they are loud they react (loudly) to good plays from the other team. Nets making a run, here comes Monta Ellis with a three and there's a roar from the crowd. It's off putting for me as a Knick fan but Net fans come in two flavors, lifelong who remember Jersey and new who don't know better so i guess they don't care.

May head over tonight to the Knicks btw. Depends what time people leave my house. It's Boston but it's Sunday night so i think you can get in the building for $100 if it's just 1 ticket.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Have you been to any games at Barclays? The Nets crowd is bizarre, it's light years better than Jersey but even when they are loud they react (loudly) to good plays from the other team. Nets making a run, here comes Monta Ellis with a three and there's a roar from the crowd. It's off putting for me as a Knick fan but Net fans come in two flavors, lifelong who remember Jersey and new who don't know better so i guess they don't care.

May head over tonight to the Knicks btw. Depends what time people leave my house. It's Boston but it's Sunday night so i think you can get in the building for $100 if it's just 1 ticket.
I live in Croatia. I've never been in USA,let alone the Nets game
I certainly plan to visit NY and go to a Knicks game when I save some money.

If you can go to Knicks-Celtics for a reasonable price then you should definitely do it. But if you don't have a lot of money then it's probably better to save it for the playoffs.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I'm not a Net fan. You don't live in NY? Yankee fans don't comment on Nets? Giant fans don't watch Jet games?

Am i the only one of everyone who lives in the city?
No. Their uniforms are ugly and they stink.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: