Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
tomtucker
Very cute

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default nba playoffs on tnt being "presented" by windows 8

that is a 6 month old system..........is microsoft getting desperate to sell more units ?
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Booz Vivic
High School Starter

Booz Vivic has not been impressing people
Default Re: nba playoffs on tnt being "presented" by windows 8

shut up
Booz Vivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
that is a 6 month old system..........is microsoft getting desperate to sell more units ?
So a huge software company is advertising one of its products by sponsoring an internationally-watched sporting event? Man, that's unheard of. They really must be desperate.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm pissed, every year since i remember the NBA playoffs have aired on basic canadian cable channels; TSN, The Score, Sportsnet. then you got the ABC national games on the american network anyway.

but ever since all those networks started releasing creme de la premium channels (TSN 2, Sportsnet 1, etc) you can only see the playoffs on digital cable. digital cable isn't exactly hard to find at a friend's place but it was nicer when i didn't have to rely on couch surfing to watch the nba playoffs.

friggin tiered first classification of everything PISSES ME OFF

sorry for off topic[/endrant]
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Windows 8 is great, don't listen to random people who haven't even tried it.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Microsoft have money to pay for the spot. So?
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Windows 8 kicks ass if you have a device that was built for it.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man, Apple is always advertising iPads and iPhones. They must be desperate.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Windows 8 kicks ass if you have a device that was built for it.

I have a PC, so it pisses me off.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I have a PC, so it pisses me off.
Im reading great reviews, but im not buying crippled hardware because of windows 8. My i7 kicks ass.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Im reading great reviews, but im not buying crippled hardware because of windows 8. My i7 kicks ass.

I have two core i7 machines:

My Desktop: I run Windows 7 on and is a champ that I use for gaming and development.
My Work Laptop: Has XP and runs like shit.

Then I have a core i5 ultrabook/tablet with Windows 8. It is faster than both my i7 machines.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Microsoft better not lay an egg with the new Xbox.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #13
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I have two core i7 machines:

My Desktop: I run Windows 7 on and is a champ that I use for gaming and development.
My Work Laptop: Has XP and runs like shit.

Then I have a core i5 ultrabook/tablet with Windows 8. It is faster than both my i7 machines.

Probably because your ultrabook has a solid state hard drive in it, right?

I like Windows 8.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
embersyc
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Probably because your ultrabook has a solid state hard drive in it, right?

I like Windows 8.

Yeah, obviously solid state is the difference, but win 8 is also optimized far better than any previous version of windows.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #15
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yeah, obviously solid state is the difference, but win 8 is also optimized far better than any previous version of windows.

my laptop is crap and its booting faster with Windows 8, and I did an upgrade not a clean install

the start button thing that people complain about is a joke, its still there its just full scree. everything else works the same if not better
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: