Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
retaxis
Good High School Starter

retaxis has an OK reputation so far
Default Miami vs Pacers repeat of last year

Anyone think its going to go any differently? Hopefully none of Miami heat players get hurt this time
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Miami vs Pacers repeat of last year

What makes the Pacers better than the Knicks? If the Knicks get through Boston they aren't losing to Indiana.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
retaxis
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
What makes the Pacers better than the Knicks? If the Knicks get through Boston they aren't losing to Indiana.
2 things .

1. I fked up, don't know why i thought Miami was playing pacers again in the 2nd round like last year its going to be either chi or brooklyn

2. I think pacers have an advantage to Knicks though, they have multiple scoring big men who can take jump shots or post up in West, Hibbert plus Granger, George aren't too shappy either and can play some defence on Melo.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Uncle Drew has no real reputation yet.

Granger.... Really?
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by retaxis
Anyone think its going to go any differently? Hopefully none of Miami heat players get hurt this time
I think it would go 6 with Miami winning but for different reasons than last year. I'm still not sure if the Pacers are ready to make that jump, next year is more likely and Miami has improved from last year. However, Indiana still matches up the best with Miami in my opinion than any other eastern conference team. They have size, some athleticsm to match up with Wade and Lebron, and they will play consistently good defense, something that cannot be said for any other team in the east other than Miami and maybe Boston. Defense and rebounding is what will beat Miami, not offense...Also Miami is much better on the road than Indiana. If the Pacers don't win one of the first 2 games, then they have no shot and it may be over in 5 because I can easily see Miami winning in Indiana before I see Indiana winning in Miami.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKnicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
retaxis
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
I think it would go 6 with Miami winning but for different reasons than last year. I'm still not sure if the Pacers are ready to make that jump, next year is more likely and Miami has improved from last year. However, Indiana still matches up the best with Miami in my opinion than any other eastern conference team. They have size, some athleticsm to match up with Wade and Lebron, and they will play consistently good defense, something that cannot be said for any other team in the east other than Miami and maybe Boston. Defense and rebounding is what will beat Miami, not offense...Also Miami is much better on the road than Indiana. If the Pacers don't win one of the first 2 games, then they have no shot and it may be over in 5 because I can easily see Miami winning in Indiana before I see Indiana winning in Miami.
I think pacers is one of the best teams in the NBA. They would give any team not named Miami a very good series and give themselves a good chance to come out on top. Very balanced, post defence, perimeter defence, post offence, perimeter offence, size, length, toughness, spacing. They have it all except superstars.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
Dro
College star

Quote:
I think pacers is one of the best teams in the NBA. They would give any team not named Miami a very good series and give themselves a good chance to come out on top. Very balanced, post defence, perimeter defence, post offence, perimeter offence, size, length, toughness, spacing. They have it all except superstars.
I agree with you. Their offense takes a hit because of the type of offense they run and because they can't make post pass, lol...But nearly everyone on the team is a capable scorer. They just don't have the highest collective IQ when it comes to passing, mainly Paul George and George Hill I feel are the shakiest passers despite being the main ballhandlers. West, Lance, and even Hibbert all probably make better passes consistently than the other 2. Also, if they put the ball in Lance's hands more and let him push the tempo, they would score even more. They've actually been doing that in the 2nd half of the season and have resemble the top 10 offense from last year more so the one that was near the bottom through the first half of this year..
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
retaxis
Good High School Starter

Spike Lee isn't going to be happy about another generation of Pacers beating up the Knicks again. But they are just outmatched everywhere except the SF position. Knicks is a two trick pony, felton and chandler PnR or Melo/JR Iso. Can't win against teams that actually play hard defence.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

The Pacers will dominate the boards and they have a ton of depth at PF and C. They will actually make the HEAT work. They will make them run hard and earn their points from the free throw line. Paul George will be the 2nd best player in that series.

I'd expect either the Pacers fold and lose 4-1 or it goes 7 and Indiana wins the series...

The Pacers have a lot of toughness, front court depth, and seem to relish an underdog role. That series will be a LOT of fun!
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
Dro
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
The Pacers will dominate the boards and they have a ton of depth at PF and C. They will actually make the HEAT work. They will make them run hard and earn their points from the free throw line. Paul George will be the 2nd best player in that series.

I'd expect either the Pacers fold and lose 4-1 or it goes 7 and Indiana wins the series...

The Pacers have a lot of toughness, front court depth, and seem to relish an underdog role. That series will be a LOT of fun!
I agree with you.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
retaxis
Good High School Starter

I don't think anyone should discount wade. He is a superstar and will hold his own against anyone. He is proven and put up big points against the pacers last year apart from that 1 game.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #13
ReturnofJPR

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Quote:
I don't think anyone should discount wade. He is a superstar and will hold his own against anyone. He is proven and put up big points against the pacers last year apart from that 1 game.

People will discount a player who half asses 99% of the games he plays.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #14
retaxis
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
People will discount a player who half asses 99% of the games he plays.
I don't make troll threads so please don't troll....Wade has 2 championships and 1 FMVP. Its more then 99% of NBA players have.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
ReturnofJPR

Quote:
I don't make troll threads so please don't troll....Wade has 2 championships and 1 FMVP. Its more then 99% of NBA players have.

That means nothing. Robert Horry has 7 rings, does that make him better than wade? Plus, Wade road Shaq's coattails and Bron's too...

You're obviously not even an American because you can't even spell "Defense" correctly. I'm just stating the facts.

Wade doesn't play hard unless he has to, typical you know what.

He just slacks off the entire game and then plays hard for a 6 minute stretch in the 4th quarter. He shows total lack of respect for the game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: