Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-07-2013, 03:00 AM   #1
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool
Default Ray Allen 45 points vs kings game 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SofxkO-E7pY

I remember youtube removing this game yrs ago...finally came back...heck of a performance by ray
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Ray Allen 45 points vs kings game 4

People forget how good ray was. Smooth handles...had deceptive athletecism. Of course he was money from amywhere on the court and he always haf a high iq. Jusy never had that one two punch like kobe and jordan before his boston days. No disrespect to rashard lewis but he was basically a taller less efficient, lower iq ray in those seattle days
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SofxkO-E7pY

I remember youtube removing this game yrs ago...finally came back...heck of a performance by ray

Saw that as well. Dude went berserk and willed the team to victory.

Plus 0.65 seconds for a jumpshot.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
People forget how good ray was. Smooth handles...had deceptive athletecism. Of course he was money from amywhere on the court and he always haf a high iq. Jusy never had that one two punch like kobe and jordan before his boston days. No disrespect to rashard lewis but he was basically a taller less efficient, lower iq ray in those seattle days

Yea but most ppl dont remember because he really got national attention once he came to boston and the big 3 was formed...playing in small market teams like the bucks and sonics will do that for you...plus rashard lewis was a guy who was too inconsistent as well and absolutely sucked in the 05 playoffs...also your 6'10 you should be able to grab more then 5 boards a game lol

killbot... .65 seconds to shoot is pretty ****in ridiculous
Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
KayHaven
I brick open layups

KayHaven has no real reputation yet.

Wow what a game
KayHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
Magic 32
NBA lottery pick

Magic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputation

I believe this team was the highest seeded western conference team without an all-star big man (2000-2010).

Other than Nash without Amare in 06.

Last edited by Magic 32 : 05-08-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
KayHaven
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 32
I believe this team was the highest seeded western conference team without an all-star big man (2000-2010).

Other than Nash without Amare in 06.

I remember thinking how great it was Ray finally had at least a decent center in Jerome James and how the team was finally coming around the corner after that spurs series in which they played them the tightest of any team in that years playoffs ...then if memory serves correct....James went back to sucking it up..he raped NY for some millions....the coach Nate McMillan was not retained for some reason..and ray was back to playing with Super Scrubs...

Ray played with some average / pretty good talent in those seattle days (young lewis, ridnour, Collison, Radmanovic) but had HORRID centers in an era of the western conference where u needed something against Shaq and Duncan.

This video really shows the greatness of PRIME Ray Allen.....and even then he was still more explosive in Milwaukee.....
Old 05-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Ray was nice back in the day. Dude had game (no pun intended). I even had a Milwaukee Ray jersey
Great find bro.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical-24
Ray was nice back in the day. Dude had game (no pun intended). I even had a Milwaukee Ray jersey
Great find bro.

haha thanks man
Old 05-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayHaven
I remember thinking how great it was Ray finally had at least a decent center in Jerome James and how the team was finally coming around the corner after that spurs series in which they played them the tightest of any team in that years playoffs ...then if memory serves correct....James went back to sucking it up..he raped NY for some millions....the coach Nate McMillan was not retained for some reason..and ray was back to playing with Super Scrubs...

Ray played with some average / pretty good talent in those seattle days (young lewis, ridnour, Collison, Radmanovic) but had HORRID centers in an era of the western conference where u needed something against Shaq and Duncan.

This video really shows the greatness of PRIME Ray Allen.....and even then he was still more explosive in Milwaukee.....

personally I was shocked at how good seattle was that yr in the first place...when we lost nate I felt that things would be going south...rashard was a nice player but other then that ridnour never really lived up to his potential he just ended up being a solid player and seattle could never get a decent center...EVER lol

with that being said ray was fantastic in these playoffs... while in his prime he always turned it up when the playoffs came around
Old 05-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #11
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jarome James looks like a stud in this vid. Never saw him play, but judging from this video he looks like he had it physically what it takes to be a great player... Stats tell me otherwise.. Can someone tell me about his guy?
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #12
KayHaven
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Jarome James looks like a stud in this vid. Never saw him play, but judging from this video he looks like he had it physically what it takes to be a great player... Stats tell me otherwise.. Can someone tell me about his guy?

Jerome was complex...really came out of nowhere....to almost becoming a top 5 center in the nba in that year....he had a soft touch for such a big guy but because that sonic team was full of shooters..he got some good looks underneath...he didn't have much off an offensive skill set but was a big guy who could finish...

He literally had 1 good year..

Edit:he had 1 good playoff....avg 12 that playoff and only 5 in the reg season

Last edited by KayHaven : 05-09-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #13
SnakePlissken
I hit open layups

SnakePlissken has an OK reputation so far

The Sonics were awesome that season.
SnakePlissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
KayHaven
I brick open layups

Ray was too loyal to the cities of Milwaukee and Seattle...he was a family man who was always on record as never wanting to leave any city he played for and the franchises knew this...and never felt like they had to appease him..

Ray would be a lot bigger than he is if he cut his seattle days 2 years short and bolted for a bigger market with more help..

Ray has shown thru the years that even with a tad bit of help he could go far..he went to the ECF with sam I am and big dog and almost a WCF with JEROME JAMES....seattle should be ashamed of what they gave Ray to work with during the duration of his time there..those seattle teams could possibly go down as some of the worst front courts in history..
Old 05-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #15
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayHaven
Ray was too loyal to the cities of Milwaukee and Seattle...he was a family man who was always on record as never wanting to leave any city he played for and the franchises knew this...and never felt like they had to appease him..

Ray would be a lot bigger than he is if he cut his seattle days 2 years short and bolted for a bigger market with more help..

Ray has shown thru the years that even with a tad bit of help he could go far..he went to the ECF with sam I am and big dog and almost a WCF with JEROME JAMES....seattle should be ashamed of what they gave Ray to work with during the duration of his time there..those seattle teams could possibly go down as some of the worst front courts in history..

I agree with everything... ray was on record saying how he wanted to be with the bucks for his career then when he was traded to seattle he wanted to finish his career there...the sonics frontcourt was atrocious to a ridiculous level...not one competent big he had to play with...nick collison was probably the best big he had in seattle and thats saying something...i wouldnt trade seein ray in seattle though...as a sonics fan it was great seeing my fav player on my fav team just horrible on how we built around him because management was too ****in cheap
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: