Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default So what moves can be made? Salary Cap and Roster

Realistically what moves are the Knicks going to make this offseason?

CP3 Rumors will start flowing again!

I love the Trade Machine Ideas

Last edited by Rameek : 05-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Re: So what moves can be made?

Just posted this in a different thread 5 minutes it ago. It's of better use in this thead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Here's whats been going through my mind abou the future.

Starting with Melo: He's our guy. I don't blame the series loss at him as much as I blame it on a lot of the "key" pieces around him.

Key pieces that need to go.

Amar'e Stoudemire

I can't fathom seeing him play an NBA season at 100% ever again. He was supposed to be our next best scorer but he can't do that if he cant play. He spends meaningless minutes on the court, where he's not grabbing rebounds or playing defense. Not worth the contract. We need to find a way to get rid of him, which is much easier said then done.

JR Smith

I can't look at this guy the same way after these play-offs. Awful performance. We will be incapable of winning a championship if this is the guy who we rely on when Melos not on the court.

Mike Woodson

It's beyond me that he kept JR Smith in from the beginning of the 3rd quarter to the end of the 4th. He hit maybe 2 shots in that span and was abused by the likes of George and Stephenson. The offense does not run well under him at all.

Guys I'd like to see stick around.

Pablo Prigioni

His basketball IQ is pretty good. He's unselfish, and the offensive game seems to flow well when he's on the court. Also capable of getting a few steals.

Chris Copeland

Watching Copeland, I feel like he's the perfect back up for Carmelo Anthony. He deserves a bigger role off the bench because he is a legit threat to score.

Iman Shumpert

The game he played last night says it all. We all know that he is a very valuable piece to our future.

Kenyon Martin

Very effective off the bench as a big man. He does all the dirty work and is capable of knocking down open jumpers at times.

Back to the Mike Woodson thing. No I am not a fan of his after this series. Theres a clear reason why he was so unsuccessful with the Hawks. It seems like he tells his players "as long as you play defense you can do whatever you want on offense." Hence ISO Joe, Josh Smith, and now ISO Melo and JR Smith. This is not the way to win a chip.

The coach that in my mind would fix the Knicks woes and give the Knicks a legit threat of winning a title is..............Doc Rivers.

Look what he did for Paul Pierces career. Pierce had a bit of that Melo game in him before Rivers took over. The Celtics were playing way under franchise standards.

Doc took over, implemented a legit offense and Pierce became a WAY more efficient scorer and better overall player. Rivers completely changed his career and he can easily do the same for Melo. However I don't ever see Doc coaching the Knicks. He'd retire before he'd leave the Celtics for another team it seems like.

As far as replacing Stoudemire and Smith, I'd have to explore every trade and Free Agent option, which I don't have the time to do anymore.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

The Wizards have no reason to do this but try to deal Tyson Chandler for Nene Hilario. I've never been a fan of Nene but he knows how to remain in good position offensively so he wouldn't subtract from Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire's effectiveness the way Chandler does.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

If they're actually planning to contend the moves will be big. But I don't assume that anymore.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
el gringos
Good college starter

Need a pg- Felton has at least some value. Sell high

Obviously it would be nice to trade amare- question is if the only team that can gamble on him coming back into form is the Knicks- because they have to. I still think a Washington or Toronto should want to gamble

Chandler still has value- you all ripped me saying trade him, now it seems you realize. Hopefully it's not too late.

The only thing to really discuss is an idea you don't want to touch- to make almost any major trade shumpert will have to be involved. I don't think that shumpert should be the reason not to remake the team.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

There is alot that can be done from a trade perspective, but where is a few that can be done.......

Tyson Chandler + 2013 1st for Eric Gordon.

Gordon doesn't want to be there, Tyson would fit in pretty good with the younger players and could help mentor Anthony davis.

The 1st round opick gives them another piece to build with.

For the Knicks, we acquire an actual shooting guard, something this team does not have, but have to monitor his minutes to keep him healthy.

Melo and Gordon would be a pretty lethal inside out threat.

Novak to the Lakers for Steve Blake.

The Lakers acquire a three point threat...D'antoni likes that.

Knicks acquire a solid backup point on an expiring deal who can make a shot, the same exact shot that Novak can make, while running the offense.

Dont wanna make this post too long so I'll make another post with other possible moves.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
Clutch
NBA Legend

I don't want Eric Gordon. He's always injured.

Something like Amare. Talented but can't get on the court.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
el gringos
Good college starter

If New Orleans would take chandler it would have to be for Anderson and Jason smith
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't want Eric Gordon. He's always injured.

Something like Amare. Talented but can't get on the court.
He played the last half of the season....about 2 games less than Shumpert.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
He played the last half of the season....about 2 games less than Shumpert.
In the last 3 seasons he played a total of 107 games,that's an average of 35.7 games per year.

I don't want a guy if there's a big possibility he won't be healthy come playoff time. Not good enough to take a risk. I would rather take a slightly worse player but a healthier one.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
In the last 3 seasons he played a total of 107 games,that's an average of 35.7 games per year.

I don't want a guy if there's a big possibility he won't be healthy come playoff time. Not good enough to take a risk. I would rather take a slightly worse player but a healthier one.
So you wouldn't want Steph Curry either?

How about Kyrie and John Wall?

Kevin Love?

My goal is to get younger and bring in the best talent.

Eric Gordon is definitely that player.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
So you wouldn't want Steph Curry either?

How about Kyrie and John Wall?

Kevin Love?

My goal is to get younger and bring in the best talent.

Eric Gordon is definitely that player.
I don't really like Kevin Love. Definition of empty stats.

Kyrie and Curry are injury prone but they are much better players than Eric Gordon so I would definitely take them. That's a no brainer.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I don't really like Kevin Love. Definition of empty stats.

Kyrie and Curry are injury prone but they are much better players than Eric Gordon so I would definitely take them. That's a no brainer.
Kevin Love is the definition of empty stats?

It's safe to say you havent watch Eric Gordon.

But it makes no difference you plainly stated you dont want often injured players.

So what moves would you make? I'd love to here yours.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Kevin Love is the definition of empty stats?

It's safe to say you havent watch Eric Gordon.

But it makes no difference you plainly stated you dont want often injured players.

So what moves would you make? I'd love to here yours.
Of course he is. Love is averaging prime Tim Duncan numbers but his team is always in the lottery. He even steals rebounds from his teammates

I watched Eric Gordon and I'm not really impressed. He's a career 44% shooter. He doesn't rebound (2.5 career average) or pass (3.3 career average).

He's like a slightly smarter,non rebounding and injury prone version of J.R. Smith.

On the other hand Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry are complete players and 100 times better than Eric Gordon.
If I'm going to take an injured player he has to be really good. Eric Gordon isn't.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
Clutch
NBA Legend

Look,all these options are better than Tyson Chandler who clearly sucks. But we need to find a center too.
I don't think we need Eric Gordon. He's a shooting guard who isn't really efficient and is injury prone. Talented yes,but still not a great player.
On the other hand,Curry and Kyrie would do wonders for this team and I would trade Tyson for any of them immediately. I would even send Cavs/Warriors some of my life savings to accept that deal
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: