Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Ujiri Signs for 5-Years & $15 Million Dollars

Ujiri finally made his decision today to become the new GM of the Toronto Raptors.

Thoughts?

What would be the most ideal first move that you would like to see?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ujiri Signs for 5-Years & $15 Million Dollars

I'm glad it's a done deal.

Hoping he does a better job at drafting and making a stronger future for this club. I hope Raps fans aren't going to have unrealistic expectations on the guy and let him figure this mess we have on our hand first.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
I'm glad it's a done deal.

Hoping he does a better job at drafting and making a stronger future for this club. I hope Raps fans aren't going to have unrealistic expectations on the guy and let him figure this mess we have on our hand first.

I hope his first moves are cleaning up mini-disasters that Colangelo left for him.

I really hope he amnesties one of;

Bargnani ($11 Million Next Season, $12 Million in 2014/2015),
Kleiza ($4.6 Million Next Season then UFA), and
Fields ($5.25 Million Next Season then $8.5 Million in 2014/2015)

.. and trade the other two if possible. These are the worst contracts on our squad taking up $20 million dollars for three players who barely play
Old 05-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I don't think he can amnesty Fields because his contract was signed after the new CBA. To be honest, I don't see a point in amnestying anyone because we are over the cap and can't sign anyone anyways. They won't amnesty Bargnani, the only guy they can think about is Kleiza who is already an expiring contract.

This team is a COLOSSAL mess which may actually take the entirety of Uriji's contract to correct. Also, I'm not buying Uriji just yet. I'm glad that Colangelo is gone, but it didn't make sense for the team to accept Gay when they weren't going to let Colangelo GM past last year anyways...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Hoping the strategy is a direction to rebuilding and the development of an identity for this team in his vision. The mess that last moron left is inexcusable. Raps are over luxury tax and have no draft picks. Let that sink in, one of the worst teams and a laughing stock of the league is over luxury tax with a bunch of crap. Who the hell lets that happen?
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons

Having a savvy GM who makes sound decisions, doesn't panic and sticks to a plan is going to be a HUGE adjustment for Raptors fans.

Keep Valanciunas. Rebuild.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:57 AM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I hope his first moves are cleaning up mini-disasters that Colangelo left for him.

I really hope he amnesties one of;

Bargnani ($11 Million Next Season, $12 Million in 2014/2015),
Kleiza ($4.6 Million Next Season then UFA), and
Fields ($5.25 Million Next Season then $8.5 Million in 2014/2015)

.. and trade the other two if possible. These are the worst contracts on our squad taking up $20 million dollars for three players who barely play
Bargnani and fields for Tyson chandler.

Helps Val's development by allowing him to play pf- not beating him up as much. Chandler also expires the same year as gay. 2 years to see if the raptors should push forward or blow it up. Stuck in the middle right now, means you have to go for it.

Then I'd think about trading derozen for something like Kendall Marshall, Jared Dudley, and a 2nd.

Lowry/(beno or prigioni)
Ross/Dudley/Anderson
Gay/Dudley/kleiza
Val/Amir
Chandler/gray
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #8
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Took him no long enough to decide. Just joking. Money talks, and there was no doubt in my mind he was going to accept the GM job.

There isn't much he can to in these next two years due the cap me mess we are in.

We have to be patient with this guy. His first bit of business I think should be finding a way into the first round of the draft, and getting rid of Andrea.

Everybody on this roster should be available except for Jonas.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

If it becomes obvious that the moves he's making are in an attempt to get us out of the cap nightmare we're in I'll give him all the time he needs. It's gonna take time to convince some other team that our garbage is their treasure. Maybe BC lands a job somewhere and we can dump his bad contracts on him (kidding of course). As long as we're no longer in patchwork mode I'm good.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ujiri = Obama in 2008. Inherited a huge mess. So while i'm glad he's here, I wonder what the hell he's gonna do and with BC still running the show as president if that's gonna prevent him from doing a complete overhaul.

Last edited by bokes15 : 06-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Ujiri = Obama in 2008. Inherited a huge mess. So while i'm glad he's here, I wonder what the hell he's gonna do and with BC still running the show as president if that's gonna prevent him from doing a complete overhaul.

BC has nothing to do with anything that pertains the on court product.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

My guess is that Ujiri is just going to retool this roster with younger pieces leading up to a successful 2015-16 season where MLSE hopes to win the bid for the all-star game.

As much as everyone likes to trash this roster, I think Ujiri sees that there are decent pieces on this team and it would probably benefit the franchise to retool with younger pieces than to do a complete blow up. Think of it as taking one step back as opposed to two.

With that being said, I think we'll see one or two of DeRozan, Lowry, Gay being traded

I also don't mind not making the playoffs next year (sigh) if this sets us up for a better future
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
BC has nothing to do with anything that pertains the on court product.
Yes he does. Pat Riley isn't the GM of the Heat anymore and all on-court moves go through him, unless we have a different arrangement explicitly stated.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Yes he does. Pat Riley isn't the GM of the Heat anymore and all on-court moves go through him, unless we have a different arrangement explicitly stated.

Yeah we have a unique situation with BC on board. His role pertains to more of the business side such as building the Raptors brand, building Canada basketball, etc.

BC's voice will only be heard if Ujiri decides to go to him for input.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #15
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

TL made it known that Colangelo will have ZERO impact on any decisions related to the on-court roster of the Toronto Raptors. That was part of the deal in keeping him as president and not firing him completely. Ujiri does not have to consult him on any decisions he makes with regards to the roster.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: