Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2013 Detroit Pistons summer league roster

The Detroit Pistons announced today that the club will participate in the 2013 Orlando Pro Summer League which will be held at the Amway Arena's practice court in Orlando, FL. The league will feature 10 teams and will run from July 7-12 with a championship day slated for the final day.

Detroit Pistons 2013 draftees Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (9th overall), Tony Mitchell (37th overall) and Peyton Siva (56th overall) along with current Pistons Andre Drummond, Kyle Singler, Khris Middleton, Viacheslav Kravtsov and Kim English are all expected to participate.

2013 DETROIT PISTONS SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER
    (Subject to CHange)

NO. PLAYER POS HT WT D.O.B COLLEGE/COUNTRY NBA EXP.

5 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope G 6-6 205 2/18/93 Georgia Rookie
    1 Andre Drummond C 6-11 279 8/10/93 Connecticut 1 Year
    24 Kim English G 6-6 200 9/24/88 Missouri 1 Year
    20 Ryan Evans G/F 6-6 212 6/19/90 Wisconsin Rookie
    42 JaJuan Johnson F 6-10 221 2/8/89 Purdue 1 Year
    55 Viacheslav Kravtsov C 6-11 253 8/25/87 Ukraine 1 Year
    6 Korie Lucious G 5-11 170 11/5/89 Iowa State Rookie
    32 Khris Middleton G/F 6-7 217 8/12/91 Texas A&M 1 Year
    9 Tony Mitchell F 6-9 235 4/7/92 North Texas Rookie
    44 Travis Peterson F/C 6-10 240 5/18/85 Samford Rookie
    23 E.J. Singler G/F 6-6 215 6/6/90 Oregon Rookie
    25 Kyle Singler F 6-8 228 5/4/88 Duke 1 Year
    34 Peyton Siva G 6-0 185 10/24/90 Louisville Rookie

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2013 Detroit Pistons summer league roster

Drummond had a decent first game. KCP was horrible. Siva was horrible too. Middleton was decent too. I was suprised with Kravtsov's stat line. He had some good numbers for limited playing time. It'll be interesting to see if KCP can bounce back in his 2nd game today.

Pope couldn't have been any worse his first game. Something like 1-10 and 0-8 3PT and a handful of turnovers. A bit alarming if you ask me. Drummond was good but also was turnover city.

Second game wasn't very good for Pope either (stat line wise anyway). The only thing stopping people from exploding is Burke was equally terrible his first game. Burke plays again Tuesday.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    Second game wasn't very good for Pope either (stat line wise anyway). The only thing stopping people from exploding is Burke was equally terrible his first game. Burke plays again Tuesday.
    Yeah, Burke was really bad. He did grab some rebounds though. Carter-Williams has been extremely good (well, he didn't shoot as good today).

The whole Pistons team wasn't good today. Only 63 points..... At least KCP scored in double digits, but he did shoot terrible. Olynyk has been good for the Celtics so far. Siva doesn't seem like he should be on a NBA roster.
    Last edited by dd24; 07-08-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Granted he has shot the ball quite badly in his first two games - there are some positive.

He is not afraid to shoot first of all. If the shot is there, he will take it - which is exactly what this team needs. He was getting open quite well - just hasn't been falling for him. Positive sign to see him this aggressive.

He is looking like what most people thought he would be on defense - long and disruptive.

He has shot terribly in the first two games, they will start falling soon, give the kid a chance..

Siva looked alright in game 1, and Middleton looked like a legit rotational player.

NBA lottery pick

There really aren't any SG's that are standing out all that much so I'm not worried yet. Plus guys have had horrible summer leagues and have still went on to be good players.

NBA lottery pick

KCP finally had his first good game. Led the team in scoring and shot well. Drummond played pretty good too. He's not as far along as I wouldn't hoped though. He got a double/double but for the amount of time he played today I would think he could have scored more.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    KCP finally had his first good game. Led the team in scoring and shot well. Drummond played pretty good too. He's not as far along as I wouldn't hoped though. He got a double/double but for the amount of time he played today I would think he could have scored more.
    KCP's defense is really impressing me. Not just his highlight steal and dunk, but his smothering pesky defense in general. Very good understanding on that side of the floor for a rookie...

NBA lottery pick

Andre Drummond had a huge game today with 23 points and 18 rebounds. KCP shot ok and had a decent day. Ended up with 15 points. Everybody else there wasn't much to make them look like they belonged in the NBA....

Trey Burke hasn't been great, so I'm feeling a little better about missing on him for now. Carter-Williams looks like he's going to be a solid PG though. He wasn't great yesterday but today was pretty good again. Overall, pretty good summer league for him.

Jeremy Lamb was really impressive yesterday. The Thunder already know they have their Kevin Martin replacement.

Olynyk has been very good throughout the summer league. I think a lot of people would say he's been the best player down there.

Oladipo has been pretty good too.

There's still quite a few games left though so all of this could change.

I have been very impressed with Mitchell's work ethic and hustle. I think he has all the tools to be a pretty solid rotation guy for us. Could be a great candidate to take over Max's role on this team...

NBA lottery pick

I highly doubt that Mitchell is even part of the rotation this year. He'll probably spend most of it in the D-League. The Pistons have too many forwards to try to give PT too. Mitchell did do alright. I'm not sure how long he'll last in the NBA though.

Siva will more than likely end up overseas. He showed some promise as a playmaker, but overall he has a tough time scoring and he's really small for the NBA.

Drummond was a monster on the boards. He ended up leading that by a long shot. Overall he was one of the top players in summer league. Now he head to the Team USA camp, whatever the one is for the younger guys they're looking at. They say Rasheed is going to work with him there on his back to the basket game.

KCP ended up being decent too. If it wasn't for his first few games it would have been a good summer league for him. At least he showed us some of his potential. I think Stuckey will be the starting SG going into the season though.

Decent college freshman

People forget that Mitchell was in the lottery of mock drafts in December. He's a rather highly regarded talent. I'm not guaranteeing that he will work out or anything like that, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if he became a pretty good player in this league either.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    People forget that Mitchell was in the lottery of mock drafts in December. He's a rather highly regarded talent. I'm not guaranteeing that he will work out or anything like that, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if he became a pretty good player in this league either.
    It just didn't sound like the team has plans for him in their rotation. Even Keith Langlois has wrote about it already.
    [QUOTE]Tony Mitchell finished strong with 16 points and six rebounds, consistently exhibiting his above-the-rim ability that made him an easy gamble at the 37th pick. The free-agent pickup of Josh Smith makes the Pistons deeper and much more athletic in the frontcourt, so there

Good college starter

English will probably end up in the D-League and get a call up.