Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far
Default Most Overrated Movie Of 2006

Most Overrated movie of '06 would have to be Babel or Little Miss Sunshine.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Most Overrated Movie Of 2006

Agreed on Babel. Although I probably just didn't like it because I'm not "deep" enough. Not really into those type of movies anyways. And I can't stand subtitles.

Little Miss Sunshine kicked ass though.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boceltballa
Most Overrated movie of '06 would have to be Babel or Little Miss Sunshine.

I really would like to see why you think Babel is overrated, because I consider it to be one of the top 3 films of the year.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Little Miss Sunshine was my 2nd favourite film of the year.
Babel was my 3rd.

So yeaaa, I can't really agree with you there.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

I think both are very over-rated. Babel IMO was awful. Little Miss Sunshine was kind of funny/good but not best movie funny/good.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Pursuit Of Happyness
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:48 PM   #7
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

If Crash hadn't come out last year, Babel might've done better, but two movies with the same premise(a story that links seemingly unrelated people together) back-to-back...that means murder for the film that follows.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean77
If Crash hadn't come out last year, Babel might've done better, but two movies with the same premise(a story that links seemingly unrelated people together) back-to-back...that means murder for the film that follows.

The story of Crash actually was compelling though. Babel was uninteresting and so lightly connected that it was like watching four different stories.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

From a review:

Quote:
Babel makes Crash, another recent film with converging stories and a multicultural cast, look like an undergraduate term paper on race relations.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, really? I loved Crash. That's not to say I didn't enjoy Babel, I was a little harsh in my first post here. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't in agreeance with most about it being a top film of the year.

Crash I absolutely adored.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #11
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

little miss sunshine freaking wrecked. Soooo funny
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #12
Dan
I hit open layups

Dan has an OK reputation so far

Borat, damn that movie sucked.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Borat, damn that movie sucked.

Thank you that movie sucked.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #14
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Babel was overrated. It has some nice shots to it... some nicely done scenes... but some parts were too disconnected while others were too forced. I didn't think Crash deserved best picture either.

Little Miss Sunshine was good. I thoguht it was a fairly original comedy.
vapid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #15
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Crash was definitely not the first movie of its kind. I really didn't like that movie, but I thought Babel was good.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: