Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation
Default OT: NFL Draft

Anybody keeping tabs on the scouting combine? Who are your top 5 picks?
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndough
Anybody keeping tabs on the scouting combine? Who are your top 5 picks?

1.Calvin Johnson
2.Ted Ginn Jr.
3.Dwayne Jarret
4.Adrain Peterson
5.Joe Thomas

WRs are the ones my team needs the most that why I list them on top 3. But a good RB and OT can never hurt.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jamarcus Russell out of the top 5? When does the top QB prospect not make the top 5? Especially with Oakland starting Aaron Brooks?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR_ball_Jordan
1.Calvin Johnson
2.Ted Ginn Jr.
3.Dwayne Jarret
4.Adrain Peterson
5.Joe Thomas

WRs are the ones my team needs the most that why I list them on top 3. But a good RB and OT can never hurt.

What do I think should be the top 5 picks?

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Jamarcus Russell
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Ted Ginn Jr.
5. That TE from Miami

What'll probably happen is

1. Jamarcus Russell
2. Joe Thomas
3. Clavin Johnson
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Jamaal Anderson
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Damn, I guess its a far stretch for Adrian Peterson to drop to the Texans at #8? If not, maybe Quinn drops that far.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Damn, I guess its a far stretch for Adrian Peterson to drop to the Texans at #8? If not, maybe Quinn drops that far.

That's actually what'll probably happen! The Carr era is over!!
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Carr is being blamed because people always like to point at the QB when things go badly but he had a passer rating of 82 and completed 68% of his passes. The problem is that their best back last season was Ron Dayne. Is Brady Quinn going to improve the running game?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
Fiyah
Kids at the park dunk on me

Fiyah has an OK reputation so far

The Texans had their chance last year and could've gotten Reggie Bush. They blew it so I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

I think JaMarcus Russell goes #1 overall, although Calvin Johnson is by far the best prospect in the draft.
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

draft order or who is the best prospects? BTW anyone who thinks tedd "i cant run routes" ginn is a top 5 prospect is nuts.

How I think it will go
1. Russell
2. Thomas
3. Peterson
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Alan Branch
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyah
The Texans had their chance last year and could've gotten Reggie Bush.
I agree, but that's the past. I'm just evaluating what they should do from here on out.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #11
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope Millen takes Calvin for pure comedy, and cos he's 6'5" 239 and runs a 4.35

But we'll prolly take the OT or move down for a MLB.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #12
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quinn is going to the Dolphins.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 PM   #13
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

ThaKing has an OK reputation so far

Why is everybody so high on Ted Gin? From everything I've heard, he has bad hands, and runs poor routes. He has top notch speed, no doubt, but I'm hearing he is late first to early second round. Definately nowhere close to top 5.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #14
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: OT: NFL Draft

Yeah, Ginn is definitely not top 5 talent, although his return ability is what teams will gamble on, hoping he turns into a Devin Hester-ish player. He can also be a downfield threat, but I doubt he will ever be higher than a #2 option on offense.

Top 5:
Jamarcus Russell
Joe Thomas
Adrian Peterson
Calvin Johnson
Jamaal Anderson/Gaines Adams
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #15
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Jamarcus Russell out of the top 5? When does the top QB prospect not make the top 5? Especially with Oakland starting Aaron Brooks?

Nah, I only rank them for the need of my team. Not the whole NFL. We need some offensive weapon badly, but we are all set on QB.
I agree with a lot of you that Ted Ginn Jr. isn't even a top 10 pick overall. But for my team he'll be a top 3 cuz we need some WRs who has speed and can catch the damn ball.

I do agree that Jamarcus Russell is No.1 overall as the whole NFL cuz Raider needs a new QB badly.

Last edited by AIR_ball_Jordan : 02-27-2007 at 01:57 PM.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: