Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default OT: We'll Always Love Big Poppa

Its been 10 years since Big's death. Big R.I.P. One of greatest emcee's of all time. One Luv.
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board
Default Re: OT: We'll Always Love Big Poppa

He was the meanest, hungriest MC of all-time.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hbwdAOogBw
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pac was better.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
pac was better.

i tend to disagree. But its definitely an endless debate.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

B-i-G- P-O-P-P-A no info for the D-E-A

Armed and Dangerous aint too many can bang with us, straight up weed no angel dust, label us NOTORIOUS!

R.I.P. BIG
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #7
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
i tend to disagree. But its definitely an endless debate.
Yeh, not saying Biggie wasnt great, i guess i just really liked the emotion in pacs voice and his flow a bit better then biggie. pac was the angry guy that got you hyped up and lookin for a fight. biggie was the guy chillin on the couch high as a kite.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pac was better at acting not rapping. Biggie is the illest emcee alive. He had the total package for an emcee. You name something about an emcee and he could do it. He could change his style to mimmick any rapper in the industry and til this day has the greatest flow of any emcee ever!

And Biggie could freestyle off the top of his dome. Not many artists can do that...those that cant are slacking in other areas like making good songs, good albums. He could switch from a freestyler, to a battle emcee to an artist. Gone way too soon. 2pac couldnt see Biggie on Big's bad day. Thats a fact.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

How did a Notorius BIG appreciation thread turn into Pac vs. Biggie.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
pac was better at acting not rapping. Biggie is the illest emcee alive. He had the total package for an emcee. You name something about an emcee and he could do it. He could change his style to mimmick any rapper in the industry and til this day has the greatest flow of any emcee ever!

And Biggie could freestyle off the top of his dome. Not many artists can do that...those that cant are slacking in other areas like making good songs, good albums. He could switch from a freestyler, to a battle emcee to an artist. Gone way too soon. 2pac couldnt see Biggie on Big's bad day. Thats a fact.

you would definitely know better then me. ill freely admit im not as into hip hop as you guys are. still, like i stated above, i mostly like pac more for the emotion is his rhymes, if that makes any sense.
ps. i actually thought he was a better rapper then actor.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #11
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

A actually agree.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #12
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

easily the GOAT. "moonlight strolls with the ho's oh no thats not my steelo"
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #13
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Was a great. What was everyones fav song?
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

You're nobody 'till somebody kills you.

As a pure rapper Biggie trumps Tupac, but so much more goes into being a rap artist. I personally don't get into whos the better artist overall because they both have legit claims over one another.

It's a comparison that won't ever die, but nobody will ever win. (for either side)
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
you would definitely know better then me. ill freely admit im not as into hip hop as you guys are. still, like i stated above, i mostly like pac more for the emotion is his rhymes, if that makes any sense.
ps. i actually thought he was a better rapper then actor.

2pac wasnt bad in his own right. And he was a better rapper than actor no doubt. And yeah it makes sense about the emotion in his rhymes. I loved 2pac. His double CD was a big impact in hip hop. And you see a lot of artists wanting to be like 2pac. So he left his mark, made an impact.

With 2pac and Biggie gone? Jay Z took advantage. Had both still been alive? Some including myself feel Jay Z wouldnt be nearly as big as he is today.

Quote:
Was a great. What was everyones fav song?

Hard for me to pick...but since you twist my arm? I guess Unbelievable off the Ready to Die album.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: