Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Who should the Raptors draft?

Who should the Raptors draft? And why?

And who is your second choice? (And why?)
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

lamarcus aldridge, they need a center bad and pape sow is not cutting it, aldridge is young and already a beast, second? hmmm lets see i like denham brown, good defender and hes from canada he would fit good in the raps system and he has a pretty good shot
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

aldridge
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Who should the Raptors draft? And why?

And who is your second choice? (And why?)

I would draft LaMarcus Aldridge, PF/CT from Texas, with the first selection in the draft. Why? The drafting of Aldridge does many things for our club, first and most important, it gives us a very talented individual to play alongside franchise player Chris Bosh at the center position. LaMarcus also brings many things to the club that we sorely lack, his defensive presence would be a huge asset to our team, something that I don't feel we would have the luxury of passing up.

My second choice would be dependant on what happens with the pick, if we trade down, it probably means that we want to select a point guard, and the first point guard I would choose would be Connecticut's Marcus Williams. He has great playmaking ability and is not afraid to distribute the basketball, unlike last years point guard Mike James whom was continually disrupting the flow of the offense. Drafting Marcus Williams would fill our second need for the team and once again would add more talent, assuming we trade down.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

LaMarcus Aldridge - Fills a hole of our needed C

Denham Brown - Could become a good backup SG

Last pick - ???
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #6
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Default .

James White, for the sole purpose of bringing popularity in the dunk comp
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb

I've never seen the top projected picks play, only highlights...so it's hard to make a proper evaluation.

Anybody who's watched the Raptors for any significant amount last year will tell you that they need rebounding help. Their best player is saying they need help inside. If you make that priority #1 then you draft either Aldridge or Thomas.

But if BC sees that Bargnani is just too good to pass up....and could potentially () be the next Dirk, then you'd have to go with that.....and maybe address rebounding via free agency. I agree with BC in that the Raps are not good enough to draft needs. I say draft the best player at this stage.

In other words, I could live with either Aldridge, Thomas or Bargnani as the #1 pick.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #8
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

rudy, rudy, rudy....
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:41 PM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1st option- simply select aldridge.

2nd option- raps trade pick for decent guard and land somewhere in the 4-6 range. then draft marcus williams.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #10
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

i would say aldridge because it would make our front court bigger and still be athletic and be able to push the ball..like the suns kinda..but i dunno cuz the games ive seen of aldridge i've been fairly unimpressed

i think the italian dude would be a good fit...we would be huge up front, spread the floor but lack rebounding i think

2nd rounder...denham cuz hes canadian...

james white because hes a dunkin machine and because we could use a slasher or high flyer to attack the basket which i felt we lacked from a wing player..hes also a pretty good defender so he could help defended the larger guards and create mismatches
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #11
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
1st option- simply select aldridge.

2nd option- raps trade pick for decent guard and land somewhere in the 4-6 range. then draft marcus williams.

We share the exact same wishlist.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #12
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Rudy Gay and LaMarcus Aldridge.

I would have put Aldridge first but I'm hearing a lot of talk that Aldridge can't play center in the NBA. So I would prefer to go small and let Rudy Gay become a a force from the SF spot.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Trade it:

Toronto Gets:

Carlos Delfino + Darko Milicic + Orlando's next years pick (via Detroit)

Orlando Gets:

1st pick + Matt Bonner

Detroit Gets:

Mo Pete

is the trade really bad??? or okay??? or Toronto is getting ripped??? anything would be nice...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #14
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

I'm confused, does orlando have detroits pick next year or is it the other way around?

But I think this is a bad trade. We get a SF and a PF, our most loaded positions :) Unless darko plays center.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #15
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Duh???

traded Darko Milicic to the Orlando magic along with Carlos Arroyo in exchange for a future first round draft choice & Kelvin Cato.

Basically he was traded away thinking he was dead wieght....um u think Joe Dumars is pissed that he lost him that way??? especially now that Detroit has to re-tool for next year??

Orlando's front line is equally as nice as the raptors...

Raps have more finess and speed & 3's
orlando more power block shots and rebounding....

intresting matchup its going to be in the years to come :)
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: