Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-12-2007, 02:32 AM   #1
ap215
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ap215 has an OK reputation so far
Default Dolan To Give Isiah A New Deal

That Jim is something else.

http://nydailynews.com/sports/basket..._extended.html
ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:07 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dolan To Give Isiah A New Deal

Now we're getting somewhere...........

Into the trash compactor.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

*rolls up newspaper*

*smacks Dolan on face and repeats: NO, NO!!!*

You do that outside!!!

You don't crap twice on the carpet!!

Dolan, what the hell were you thinking? Good grief, Charlie Brown.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

im happy that isiah is getting a contract extension. he took a team who had one of the worst seasons in nba history to a team at this point is in the playoffs, that is extremely incredible. before the season started almost everybody thought the knicks were goin to be bad again, the media bashed them everytime they had the chance, dolan came out on national tv and said if the knicks dont improve isaih will be fired. no coach had more pressure on him and he has delievered, and he got curry to play at an all-star level. he's doin as good a job as any coach in the nba. i said it before and i will say it again if the knicks go to the playoffs isiah better win coach of the year cause he's doin a great job.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
im happy that isiah is getting a contract extension. he took a team who had one of the worst seasons in nba history to a team at this point is in the playoffs, that is extremely incredible. before the season started almost everybody thought the knicks were goin to be bad again, the media bashed them everytime they had the chance, dolan came out on national tv and said if the knicks dont improve isaih will be fired. no coach had more pressure on him and he has delievered, and he got curry to play at an all-star level. he's doin as good a job as any coach in the nba. i said it before and i will say it again if the knicks go to the playoffs isiah better win coach of the year cause he's doin a great job.
I'm actually gonna have to kind of agree with you...i wasn't mad at all when i saw that they gave him a contract extension. As maddening as they can be, the Knicks are Jeffries, Balkman, and Collins away from being the same team they were last year yet they're on course to go to the playoffs without Lee playing for 7 games, Crawford out for the rest of the season, countless other injuries, and the brawl in the beginning...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #6
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155

Finally!! Someone in here that I can agree with. After that whole Larry "the world Traveler" Brown thing, the media was writing the Knicks and Zeke off. People, Knick fans, Zeke ******, were all hoping that the Knicks would fall apart.....WRONG!!!!

Zeke is not only making you people who doubted him eat your words, he has the Knicks in the playoff hunt!! I am happy that Zeke is getting a contract extension. Great job, Zeke.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #7
Xman DoublD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Xman DoublD has an OK reputation so far

Wow! So we're in the playoffs now? Last I checked we had quite a few games left, and pretty tough ones at that. IF we make the playoffs, then Isiah deserves a lot of credit and this contract extension. However, if we stumble down the stretch and miss the playoffs then what?

Isiah has built a decent team that should make the playoffs most years in the East. But is that where we want to be? I don't see this team he has created as a contender anytime in the near future, with the present personnel.

Maybe i'm just an idealistic dreamer but i kinda expect the biggest payrolled team in the biggest market to have a contending team most years...see the Yankees.
Xman DoublD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

i aint so mad about this, but what are figures of the deal? at the start of the season i figured theyd win 36-38 games and they look to be on the way to that. he has done a pretty good job and this team looks much better than last years team. man that team was horrible, seemed like they got blown out every other night(of course they were underachieving). so he deserves to be back at least another year. im not sure what the length is but i think he deserves like a 2-3 yr deal so he isnt a lameduck coach, but im guessing it is probably longer. as a coach its not bad, but i think they should look into taking some responsibilities off his hands like finding another gm.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:29 PM   #9
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Ive given up as a Knick fan. The man sucks as a GM. Make him a scout and coach for all I care, but please give the the GM job to someone qualified.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
Ive given up as a Knick fan. The man sucks as a GM. Make him a scout and coach for all I care, but please give the the GM job to someone qualified.

I agree 100%.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:28 AM   #11
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

*Types In NYPOST.COM*

*Smiles Come to My Face*

This is the start of something Good.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

How much is the contract worth? Do we know yet?
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Who's happy now? After the game against the Blazers, who's happy that Zeke is STILL command of the decisions done on the floor. You can't get any lower than putting Jerome James in as long as he did. This man must take alot of sedatives in order to sleep at night. My conciousness wouldn't let me sleep after the tragic events that unfolded against a MEDIOCRE team like the Blazers. Thanks Dolan.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: