Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default Randy Moss may be a Green Bay Packer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2796831

Whoa! Never in a million years I would consider this fathomable. The possibility of one of my favorite players in the history of the game joining one of my least favorite teams.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Randy Moss may be a Green Bay Packer

I hope they get him, he acts like a total jerk, and we get to hear the analysts cry about the ruining of Brett Favre's final season for the third year in a row.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

I actually kind of like the idea. Moss needs a good QB, and Brett needs a reciever that can run out and get under the ball. If attitudes can mesh, this will be a good thing for the pack.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It does look good on paper, but they're both on the decline, and if GB doesn't win Moss is going to become a major pain.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Shouldn't this be in the Off-The-Court Forum?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh boy, if Randy has a great season you can expect people to use that as thrust Brett Favre even further into the stratosphere.

Its funny how GB is welcoming Randy back after he mooned them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
It does look good on paper, but they're both on the decline, and if GB doesn't win Moss is going to become a major pain.

Define decline because Randy Moss is still a threat like he was as a rookie. The only change from his rookie year to now is he added some muscle to his frame. About it. I wqouldnt say Moss is on a decline, he is just a player who is dependant on being on a successful team to be successful himself. He is a sellout. When things are going good, wins pile up, he gets his numbers? Randy is happy. When the opposite happens? Randy pouts and quits just like he does during plays at times.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Hasn't Favre been a bad quarterback for like five years now? Is Moss enough to change that?
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

I can't think of a single highlight from Moss last season. Perhaps that's all on the QB and o-line but I can't believe that this is the same player that murdered Dallas on Thanksgiving.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

2 old azz bums way passed their prime.

just might work
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Hasn't Favre been a bad quarterback for like five years now? Is Moss enough to change that?

Listen to FOX gameday analysts for that answr.

GB was 8-8, Donald Driver had 92 catches over 1200yds 8TDs. Adding Randy Moss to that offense and what do you get?

(I'm basically mocking what we'll hear on nfl countdown or fox pregame on sundays)

GB doesnt even have a RB. They lost Ahman Green and the defense still needs improving. Eh, i wish Brett would retire already. Aaron Rogers will never play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I can't think of a single highlight from Moss last season. Perhaps that's all on the QB and o-line but I can't believe that this is the same player that murdered Dallas on Thanksgiving.

It is but the QB situation, the horrible OL were factors but also Randy Moss himself has dropped passes and given up on plays where he could have made a catch that either ended drives (they needed the first down, he catches it they get it) or costs them a game (Clev Browns comeback game = Moss loss).

His explanation for the dropped passes? "I'm frustrated this team aint winning. Hard playing for them when you know people arent giving 100%". O rly? His last 2yrs especially last yr might make it seem like he isnt the same player but unfortunately it is. Its just his attitude is horrible. He onyl produces, performs, shows greatness if he is on a winner. If the team isnt? Moss doesnt care.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
Moose

NOOOOOOOOOOO i already ordered his oakland jersey
Old 03-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #12
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

i think he could help favre out tho... favre has nobody to go to, and w/ moss he will and he will look better thats just my opinion tho.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Brett Favre doesnt deserve Randy Moss.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #14
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Brett Favre doesnt deserve Randy Moss.
What about Tom Brady