Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Casual Discuss that went wrong and shut down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Looking at both team records, the Raptors are better than the Nets. End of story.
good idea. let's look at the team records. i wasn't quite sure how they stacked up, so i decided to look it up. thank you for your suggestion!

since this season isn't over yet let's look at the records for the last five years. after all, every team is subject to an up year or a down year, so let's look at the big picture now and see how the two teams compare.

NETS:

2001-02 / 52-30 / .634
2002-03 / 49-33 / .598
2003-04 / 47-35 / .573
2004-05 / 42-40 / .512
2005-06 / 49-33 / .598
2006-07 / 25-29 / .463

TOTALS / 264-200 / .568

notes: so far has made the playoffs every year and gone to the finals twice.

RAPTORS:

2001-02 / 42-40 / .512
2002-03 / 24-58 / .293
2003-04 / 33-49 / .402
2004-05 / 33-49 / .402
2005-06 / 27-55 / .313
2006-07 / 35-29 / .547

TOTALS / 194-280 / .409

notes: so far has only gone to the playoffs once and lost in the first round.

conclusions: in the last five years i see one team with a history of being a good, consistent team. i see another team which has mostly been one of the bottom-feeders of the NBA, until this year when, according to the record, they are merely a good team.

so yes, i agree- end of story.

Last edited by gigantes : 03-14-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Re: "The Raptors are better than the Nets"

If you guys need to bring up the past to make yourselves feel better than that's fine with me. When I said the Raptors are better than the Nets I meant this year.

Don't worry though, look for the Raptors to be better than the Nets for the next few years, this is the downfall of the Nets.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Don't worry though, look for the Raptors to be better than the Nets for the next few years, this is the downfall of the Nets.
Future

Raps
TJ, Humphries, Bosh(I dont know how), Bargnani(I dont know how), Calderon, Graham(maybe) and Dixon(maybe)

Thoes are the only players in the raptors that will get better the rest i believe are at their peek (i thought graham was gonna get better but was i worng unless they give him more pt he may get better same with Humphries)

Nets
RJ, Williams, Boone, Adams, Nachbar, B.Robinson, Wright(maybe), House(maybe) and Krstic

Thoes are the only players in the nets that will get better the rest are at there peek. (B.Robinson and Wright will get better if they get more pt)

To me it looks very close and this is all imo
Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you guys need to bring up the past to make yourselves feel better than that's fine with me.

sorry to break it to you, but i'm only one guy, not "you guys". nobody told me to post that message, and if they don't like it then that's their problem.

When I said the Raptors are better than the Nets I meant this year.

and when you need to make yourself feel better because your team is finally having one decent season, then that's fine with me too. :)

in that case you seem to be confused. if you really believed that, then you would be talking to bookies, not trolling webforums.

at least if you were going to troll you could be a little bit more creative and say "i just won $50 on the last raptors game- how much did you guys win?"
Old 03-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

No, the Nets will be better than the Raptors in the future. This was a fluke for the Raptors.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

We are 35-29

how is that a fluke?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Owned.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:08 PM   #8
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
We are 35-29

how is that a fluke?

Do you even know what a fluke is? It's when something consistenly sucks and then all of a sudden, it flourishes. Which is the exact definition of the Raptors. The fact that they are only 6 games above .500 also proves how it's a fluke and it's not that they're actually really good.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
and when you need to make yourself feel better because your team is finally having one decent season, then that's fine with me too.

I'm not making myself feel better. I'm telling the truth. I don't go in every thread saying "Raps are better than the Nets". I Only say that when needed to be said. You're the one that felt the need to make a thread with statistics to make yourself feel better about being a Nets fan.

Quote:
in that case you seem to be confused. if you really believed that, then you would be talking to bookies, not trolling webforums.

at least if you were going to troll you could be a little bit more creative and say "i just won $50 on the last raptors game- how much did you guys win?"

Please debate with what the future of your team is instead of typing non-sence. What you wrote was irrelavant.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
I'm not making myself feel better. I Only say that when needed to be said. You're the one that felt the need to make a thread with statistics to make yourself feel better about being a Nets fan.

Stop contradicting yourself so obviously. You've posted and compared the Nets and Raptors' current records numerous times just to get under our skin....and then you do a complete 180 and say that you only compare them when needed. No **** you're trying desperately to make yourself feel better. That's the whole point why you're humping the Nets forum when you're a Raptor fan.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

I'm not making myself feel better. I'm telling the truth. I don't go in every thread saying "Raps are better than the Nets". I Only say that when needed to be said. You're the one that felt the need to make a thread with statistics to make yourself feel better about being a Nets fan.

wrong. on the contrary, YOU are the one who is over here trolling us and making us feel good about being nets fans.

all i did is look up some statistics. why is that a big deal with you?

Please debate with what the future of your team is instead of typing non-sence. What you wrote was irrelavant.

here's your first english lesson: it's "nonsense", not "non-sence".

here's your second english lesson: it's "irrelevant", not "irrelavant".

i didn't correct your earlier errors because, frankly, i didn't want to make you feel bad.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

GoRapz, if you return to the Raptors forum and stop trolling here or trying to bait flame wars, we won't persecute you. We'll let things be.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #13
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

The Raptors can not consider this a good season unless they do somthing in the playoffs. If they get eliminated in the first round without winning at least two games, the regular season means nothing.

Raptors are having a good year. But trust me. As much as the Raptors hate the Nets. NO ONE is gonna want to face Jersey in the playoffs. That goes for ANY team one through eight.

I judge how well a team does when the season is over. If the Raptors go off and make it to the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round? (Not a good season). If the Nets suck all season and then make it to the second round? (good season).
Old 03-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

minus Krstic, I'm not sure what our team can do in the playoffs.

with the right mathcup, second round is definitely possible, but after that, we definitely meet Miami or Detroit, unless we are in the right brackets.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMo
The Raptors can not consider this a good season unless they do somthing in the playoffs. If they get eliminated in the first round without winning at least two games, the regular season means nothing.

Raptors are having a good year. But trust me. As much as the Raptors hate the Nets. NO ONE is gonna want to face Jersey in the playoffs. That goes for ANY team one through eight.

I judge how well a team does when the season is over. If the Raptors go off and make it to the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round? (Not a good season). If the Nets suck all season and then make it to the second round? (good season).

Why do you think that people will be scared to face New Jersey?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread