Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default New Jersey Nets--the "Character Counts" team

I'd like to congratulate the Nets on acquiring Marcus Williams with the #22 pick. By doing so, they managed to accomplish something almost unimaginable until last night, namely, put together a three-man rotation at PG where the "classy one" is Jeff McInnis.

As magnificent as that achievement is, the Nets are too close to their destiny to stop here. What they need to do now is trade Richard Jefferson for Kenyon Martin, then re-acquire Stephen Jackson and Alonzo Mourning. That's all it would take for the Nets to become one of the legendary teams of our time.

(They'll need a new coach, too, of course; there's no way any of those guys is paying attention to Opie. My nominee would be Jayson Williams--when he puts his NRA cap on, people shut up and listen. Also, they hide their pets.)

Anyway, congrats again to the Nets for acquiring a player who fits so well with their team concept.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
As magnificent as that achievement is, the Nets are too close to their destiny to stop here. What they need to do now is trade Richard Jefferson for Kenyon Martin, then re-acquire Stephen Jackson and Alonzo Mourning. That's all it would take for the Nets to become one of the legendary teams of our time.
This will all be very easy to do ,like the snap of a finger.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
This will all be very easy to do ,like the snap of a finger.
True greatness is never easy. The mere fact that it's possible should be enough.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Sore Suns fan, I see.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #5
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Sore Suns fan, I see.
Yup.

I don't miss Williams at all, but every time the Suns sell a draft pick, it's like they're selling a piece of my heart...
Old 06-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't like Williams all that much either, but trading away a pick for like the last two years is just stupid. They could've have Nate Robinson last year too.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #7
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Vince Carter has character coming out the wazoo! It's part of the reason he's always hurt. You can't have that much character coming out a wazoo and expect to be healthy.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:35 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

TMOGE is always kicking Carter more than I do Van Horn..except one is an All-Star 25 ppg player and the other is actually a scrub.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:39 PM   #9
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Kick Van Horn all you want. At least he's already down on the ground.

I like picking on people who think they can take it. Cause when they can't, i get more satisfaction.

Wince.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #10
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I don't like Williams all that much either, but trading away a pick for like the last two years is just stupid. They could've have Nate Robinson last year too.
Nah, Nate Rob was the price the Suns had to pay for missing on Q. That wasn't even as bad as the previous year, when (IIRC) the Suns moved the Sean May pick to Charlotte to dump the last year of Jahidi White's contract.

I can't stand it when the Suns sell a first-round pick for cash, though. Especially when the famous "Wade Stopper", Maurice Ager, is still available.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

I don't really care. Vince is on my support list cause he's a Net. Otherwise, I'm indifferent. Either way, your statement sounds like what bullies tell themselves to make bullying validate.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #12
Shogon
High School Starter

Shogon has no real reputation yet.

This thread brought about an urge in me suddenly out of no where to go take a huge shiiit.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #13
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
This thread brought about an urge in me suddenly out of no where to go take a huge shiiit.
You sure you weren't thinking about Grant Hill's ankle?
Old 06-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
I can't stand it when the Suns sell a first-round pick for cash, though. Especially when the famous "Wade Stopper", Maurice Ager, is still available.

Ager is not a Wade Stopper at all. That's some bull**** mavs fans conjured up. Ager would've fit though. Athletic and can shoot. Better than House did...but I guess the philosophy is that if everyone is healthy, the line up will be Nash, Marion, Diaw, Kurt, Amare with Jones and Thomas coming off the bench...which would mean that Ager wouldn't be getting big minutes.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #15
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess the Suns are very very cash strapped. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

but think about it...in order to pay Nash, Amare, Marion, Thomas, etc. I guess they are saving their pennies....

If pinching pennies keeps this unit together, then its worth it.....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: