Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default How do Pre-Orders work

OK peoples, I'm planning on pre-ordering my first thing. Tomarrow I am pre-ordering a James Brown CD that dosen't come out until March 27.

Now, what exactly will me pre-ordering the disc do, will I get it before the street date or what.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How do Pre-Orders work

They will send it to you right when it comes out. Sometimes they send it a little early so you get it on the release date, but you wont get it before the release date. This just assures you that you will have a copy of the CD. Pre-orders are most popular for items that are expected to be sold out everywhere (i.e. when Harry potter comes out, people always pre order it)
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well at toys r us where i work here's how it goes:

1. customer puts $5 down to pre-order the game or dvd that they want

2. a copy is guaranteed for that customer, so we put it aside

3. the customer comes back the day its released and pays the remaining balance. so if you were pre-ordering a $50 game, you'd only have to pay $45 since you already paid the $5 before

So basically it just guarantees you a copy of it. No earlier usually, but it just guarantees that it won't sell out. It's really a no-lose situation though since you end up paying the same amount. Its just a promise that you won't miss out on it.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
OK peoples, I'm planning on pre-ordering my first thing. Tomarrow I am pre-ordering a James Brown CD that dosen't come out until March 27.

Now, what exactly will me pre-ordering the disc do, will I get it before the street date or what.
i'm not sure about music. there's a certain protocol with music, release dates and soundscan and such. pre-ordering anything basicaly assures you will get one or if there is a certain type of added extra to the cd, such as a bonus disc or other promotions.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: