Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Default Bogut, Villanueva out for remainder of the season

Ticker reports: Center Andrew Bogut and forward Charlie Villanueva will miss the remainder of the season due to injuries, the Milwaukee Bucks announced on Wednesday.

Sidelined due to left midfoot sprain, Bogut missed a game for the first time in his young career. The top overall pick in 2005, Bogut suffered the injury against the Los Angeles Lakers on March 7, and re-injured it in practice on Tuesday.

Villanueva is out due to a recurring right shoulder injury that will require arthroscopic surgery. The second-year forward had missed the previous two games due to the injury.

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-22-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: Bogut, Villanueva out for remainder of the season

Who's starting in their place?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Bucks Better start Tanking big time, try to get a really good pick.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
Darsh
Good college starter

Wow. The bucks have just had the most crappy luck all year.

If there was ever a time to start playing for those high draft picks, now would be that time. And i dont think anyone could blame them.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Who's starting in their place?

Jared Reiner and Brian Skinner
Old 03-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Milw season was over anyway.

Not really. We were only, what? 4 games out of last playoff spot? A team playing on the high of a new coach? Playing with more energy and better D than they ever have? They still had a chance. Not a large one, but it was there.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

The "remainder of the season" sounds bad, but we're talking about a non-playoff team and there are only like 15 or so games left anyway, right?

Sucks for me because I had Bogut on a fantasy squad. I just picked up Skinner in his place. Meh.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
So did the Sixers. Come on man, wake up. You sound like the Glove_20 as he still thinks his team will make the friggin playoffs.

The Sixers were too. I thought they could make a run. To me, it's not over 'till its over (meaning, mathematically impossible). It's has nothing to do with homerism, just being optimistic.

I just look at it this way: we had some momentum, while the Pacers and Orlando were playing like crap. Very slim chance, but it's still there. I'd rather view it that way then go with the "tank and lose more games!" crowd. I hate the idea of tanking. I want to see my team win.

I'm not like Glove who thinks when healthy his team is top 4 in the West. Yeesh.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
The "remainder of the season" sounds bad, but we're talking about a non-playoff team and there are only like 15 or so games left anyway, right?

Sucks for me because I had Bogut on a fantasy squad. I just picked up Skinner in his place. Meh.

Well put it this way...if it were in the middle of the season, both CV and AB would likely have missed 6-8 weeks a piece.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Ok I'll give you that and take back the Glove_20 comment. But just as a Sixer fan even when they went on that win streak and was 4gms out...i had and still dont have faith they could make the playoffs. Nor do i want them too because it would be a waste and it wouldnt really expose/reveal the teams true colors. To me its like a bully getting sucker punched by a geek. Doesnt mean the geek can fight. Sure the bully got cold cocked and its funny. The school yard laughs and celebrates but in the end the Bully would kick that geeks ass because that is what that geek is. He had his day, his 15mins to shine and did but the reality is...he is a geek who cant fight. Thats the Sixers in relation to them winning and if they were to make the playoffs. They dont belong. Eh

What do the Bucks need in terms of position, players? What would they look for in the draft to help improve the team?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
Well put it this way...if it were in the middle of the season, both CV and AB would likely have missed 6-8 weeks a piece.
But you think that is legit?

Or are these guys just calling it a season because they're a little hurt and why try to come back? Is it one of those things or is it legit?

I'm not saying I believe one or the other. I'm just taking it as a "why not call a day" type thing as far as coming back. Which is a smart thing with the position Milwaukee is in. I actually want to see them get the #1 pick if Boston doesn't. Oden/Bogut/Villa up front and Redd and Mo Williams in the backcourt would be crazy.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #12
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Bucks Better start Tanking big time, try to get a really good pick.

Start? They are in the middle of it, already third to last.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
Ok I'll give you that and take back the Glove_20 comment. But just as a Sixer fan even when they went on that win streak and was 4gms out...i had and still dont have faith they could make the playoffs. Nor do i want them too because it would be a waste and it wouldnt really expose/reveal the teams true colors. To me its like a bully getting sucker punched by a geek. Doesnt mean the geek can fight. Sure the bully got cold cocked and its funny. The school yard laughs and celebrates but in the end the Bully would kick that geeks ass because that is what that geek is. He had his day, his 15mins to shine and did but the reality is...he is a geek who cant fight. Thats the Sixers in relation to them winning and if they were to make the playoffs. They dont belong. Eh

What do the Bucks need in terms of position, players? What would they look for in the draft to help improve the team?

I see what you mean. Yeah, I set myself up for disappointment when I look at it so optimistically, but I'm just okay with that I guess.

As for draft, we are definately looking defensive-PF first. Assuming we don't get onbe of the top 2 picks, our primary targets will probably be Horford, both of the Wright's, Noah, Thornton, and maybe Yi Jianlian as a darkhorse. If we drop a bit, and we don't think Mo will be back, Acie Law IV becomes an option. Then after PF/PG, we'd probably be looking at athletic SF's like Cory Brewer or Jeff Green.

EDIT: This is my personal top 10 wish list for our pick:

1. Kevin Durant
2. Greg Oden
3. Al Horford
4. Julian Wright
5. Yi Jianlian
6. Acie Law IV
7. Brandon Wright (not too sold on him)
8. Joakhim Noah (looking at the more physical guys first)
9. Jeff Green
10. Tiago Splitter
Old 03-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #14
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
But you think that is legit?

Or are these guys just calling it a season because they're a little hurt and why try to come back? Is it one of those things or is it legit?

I'm not saying I believe one or the other. I'm just taking it as a "why not call a day" type thing as far as coming back. Which is a smart thing with the position Milwaukee is in. I actually want to see them get the #1 pick if Boston doesn't. Oden/Bogut/Villa up front and Redd and Mo Williams in the backcourt would be crazy.

I actually think the Bogut thing may just be a "just shut it down, dude" move. The CV thing was needed. He's had lingering shoulder pain since January.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #15
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

The wierd thing is, Bogut had vowed that he would play tonight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: