Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far
Default HMMM....Maybe The Genius Dolan Acted Too Quickly

After tonights game against the Blazers, I think it is clear that James Dolan acted way to quickly with his contract extension. I mean in was not necessary to give Thomas the extension when he did, and since that point the Knicks have looked absolutely dreadful.

I am not even arguing that Thomas should not have gotten the extension, but its obvious this team has been playing complacent since the extension. Given these guys job security, means they dont have anything to play for anymore, since Thomas will be here for another 4 years, or as long as it takes for him to turn the Knicks into the CBA.

What a joke!!
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: HMMM....Maybe The Genius Dolan Acted Too Quickly

Your right, he did it at a horrible time. The players were playing for isiah to stay now that they know he's here they play like crap.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

of course he did but what do you expect the man is incompetent, isiah doesnt deserve to keep his job but if your going to keep him make it a year to year thing, see what he does next year, now were stuck with this fool longer.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

let's hope Zeke has another good draft and than Dolan says goodbye when and if a real coach and a real GM become available.

There isn't too many competent coaches and GM's in the NBA.

I sure do wish Van Gundy would come back and coach this team, maybe with Ewing at his side.

I honestly would give Patrick a chance to coach this team. I think he would look at Curry and say, little man you better start playing defense and pass the ball or I'm going to hit you upside your big fat head.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

I dont care what happens until Isiah leaves.

Priority #1...Isiah has to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Mr Dolan, sir, if youre reading this, just admit you made a mistake, give Isiah $100 million to go away with my cablevision bill I pay every month. please
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Don't Forget, If Isiah leaves then Curry leaves. Don't forget that statement he made. The way Curry played tonight i wouldn't mind sending him and Curry out at the same time.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:29 AM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I said it. That's all I'm going to say. Zeke was a mistake since the moment he stepped on MSG grounds. Curry is waaaay overrated. I hate Jerome James now more than ever. That was a pitiful display of an NBA player. What the hell was Zeke thinking?
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Who remembers this thread?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...343#post664343

Still agree?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #9
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Don't Forget, If Isiah leaves then Curry leaves. Don't forget that statement he made. The way Curry played tonight i wouldn't mind sending him and Curry out at the same time.

good let curry go dont let the door hit your fat lazy rear on the way out
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #10
TheOakman
I hit open layups

I like that Curry has developed, but what really has been bothering me about him is how much he cries. For someone his size he spends way too much time complaining to the referees. He also has this consistent deer in the headlights look to. Its like he doesnt understand the game or something.

Maybe he just complains to the refs so he does not have to get back on defense, and play that statute like - swiss cheese defense of his
Old 03-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #11
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Oh come one, not even with the Michael Jordan of the coaches in the bench the knicks would have got anything other then a loss playing like they played in the last two games, especially in the third quarters... the truth is the players aren't handling the pressure of being in a situation where they are fighting for the playoffs... and that it's just sad.

And the fact that nobody on the court had the IQ to stop the game with 40s to go just shows that Isiah is the least culprit, and i like the way he didn't said nothing, because the IQ of the players aren't going to increase if they rely everything on the babysitter on the bench... and i also liked the way he benched Curry, practily saying "you're a useless fat slob and i got to put someone who can defend out there"
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
And the fact that nobody on the court had the IQ to stop the game with 40s to go just shows that Isiah is the least culprit, and i like the way he didn't said nothing, because the IQ of the players aren't

LOL, you cant be serious. I agree that players should have enough IQ to foul even if the coach was not telling them. But the coach is still the leader and should be coaching and teaching to the very end.
If the Knicks on the court did not realize what they should do and they looked over at the coach, Thomas was sitting down scratching his head staring at the floor(MSG had a great shot of it). What message is that sending to this team that already seems to have given up.

And Thomas is no Phil Jackson mind master, so dont try to play that card.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
If the Knicks on the court did not realize what they should do and they looked over at the coach, Thomas was sitting down scratching his head staring at the floor(MSG had a great shot of it).
If i was the coach of a bunch of players at NBA level that were unable to realize what they should do with 40s left and 6 points down, i would scratch my head and look down on the floor either... And no way in hell, once the game starts the coach is supposed to be the leader.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

For all I care Curry can leave and Zeke can take him with him. If this is a sign to come of what we are expecting in the playoffs (if they make it) I don't want them to make it then. It'll be more humilliating to be swept in the first round than not making it at all. And being the Knicks I'm sure they'll find new and more deplorable ways of losing games, specially in the playoffs.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

IMO contract negotiations are for the off season. You don't make staff transactions during the season. It's no need for it. I mean how often do coaches quit in the middle of a season? It wasn't like Zeke woulda walked out without the extension right then and there.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: