Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 03-24-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Exclamation Ron Artest to consider retirement after 06'-07' season!

i just heard it on KHTK 1140, they're reporting a rumor about ron artest leaning towards retirement after this season to "spend more time with his kids" he said it wouldn't affect him right now that the kings are 3.5 out of the PO's but we're not making it so...take it for what it's worth.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Default Re: Ron Artest to consider retirement after 06'-07' season!

No I wanted him to join the Laker's!!! In 07-08!!!!

mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:44 AM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=1572

There's the link. I dunno if I believe it but I think Ron has a web journal/blog for one of those hip hop sites too so I dunno. He is one crazy mother ****er though so anything can happen with him I guess. But I have a hard time seeing him staying away from the game. I just hope that if he retires we get his salary off the cap and can spend it on a SF that ISN'T bat***** crazy.

If we want to play more uptempo I think Gerald Wallace/Rashard Lewis would be great...
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
Targus™
Good college starter

i'm believing it, Ron said he wanted to retire by age 30 when he was on the Pacers for his family so who knows. Sounds realistic but the problem I have is that he was doing just fine with Bonzi and really didn't fit on the squad we have now. He's still a pretty good player who can really help a contending team, I might not like him wearing purple and black but personally he's a great guy except for a few..things.. Might just a break from bball to rap and he'll be back one day. you know ron.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Moose

He may be a good player and all but he needs to take at least two seasons off to chillax.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
Targus™
Good college starter

Quote:
Artest: 'I'm not retiring'
ESPN.com news services

The Sacramento Kings' Ron Artest tried to clear up talk that he was planning to retire after the season, telling Stephen A. Smith that he's dedicated to the game of basketball.

ESPN Radio
Ron Artest
Artest
Stephen A. Smith gets the scoop from Ron Artest: Is he retiring after the season? Listen

Appearing via phone on the Stephen A. Smith show on ESPN Radio 1050 in New York, Artest said: "I'm not retiring."

Citing club sources, ESPN.com's Marc Stein first reported that Artest wanted to retire at season's end.

Artest said he told teammates he was thinking of retirement because he missed his kids, but he never thought those comments would make it to the public.

"I'm totally dedicated to this game," Artest said. "I'm totally ready to still try to make these playoffs"

The Kings currently are four games out of the eighth playoff position in the Western Conference.

Artest said he plans on finishing out his contract with the Kings and reiterated at the end of the interview that he isn't retiring.

"I don't plan to retire," Artest said. "When you don't have your kids around you can get a little bit vulnerable, a little weak."

Reached via e-mail on Saturday, Artest wouldn't confirm or deny making such declarations, telling ESPN.com: "We can talk about it after [the] playoffs."

Artest totaled 24 points and nine rebounds in Sunday's home victory over Phoenix but declined to speak with reporters at Arco Arena before or after the game. The Kings' 107-100 triumph avenged Thursday's loss in Phoenix, which was the third game Artest has missed since being arrested at his Sacramento-area home March 5 after a domestic dispute with his wife.

Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein was used in this report.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #7
Targus™
Good college starter

Quote:
Artest: 'I'm not retiring'
ESPN.com news services

The Sacramento Kings' Ron Artest tried to clear up talk that he was planning to retire after the season, telling Stephen A. Smith that he's dedicated to the game of basketball.

ESPN Radio
Ron Artest
Artest
Stephen A. Smith gets the scoop from Ron Artest: Is he retiring after the season? Listen

Appearing via phone on the Stephen A. Smith show on ESPN Radio 1050 in New York, Artest said: "I'm not retiring."

Citing club sources, ESPN.com's Marc Stein first reported that Artest wanted to retire at season's end.

Artest said he told teammates he was thinking of retirement because he missed his kids, but he never thought those comments would make it to the public.

"I'm totally dedicated to this game," Artest said. "I'm totally ready to still try to make these playoffs"

The Kings currently are four games out of the eighth playoff position in the Western Conference.

Artest said he plans on finishing out his contract with the Kings and reiterated at the end of the interview that he isn't retiring.

"I don't plan to retire," Artest said. "When you don't have your kids around you can get a little bit vulnerable, a little weak."

Reached via e-mail on Saturday, Artest wouldn't confirm or deny making such declarations, telling ESPN.com: "We can talk about it after [the] playoffs."

Artest totaled 24 points and nine rebounds in Sunday's home victory over Phoenix but declined to speak with reporters at Arco Arena before or after the game. The Kings' 107-100 triumph avenged Thursday's loss in Phoenix, which was the third game Artest has missed since being arrested at his Sacramento-area home March 5 after a domestic dispute with his wife.

Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein was used in this report.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I am pretty sure that is just damage control, but either way even if he doesn't retire after his next 12 games you can be pretty sure he will never play for the Kings again.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I am pretty sure that is just damage control, but either way even if he doesn't retire after his next 12 games you can be pretty sure he will never play for the Kings again.
cosign ;)
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: