Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Final 4: Georgetown vs. Ohio State Game Thread

Game started at 6:07 p.m. ET on CBS

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-31-2007 at 05:28 PM.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: G'town vs. Ohio St. Gamethread.

its gonna be a crazy good game
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The two best defensive teams left in the tourney. Gtown #1, OSU #2 in terms of ppg allowed and opponents FG%. Expect a low scoring game...an oldschool Knicks vs Heat matchup.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:36 AM   #4
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The two best defensive teams left in the tourney. Gtown #1, OSU #2 in terms of ppg allowed and opponents FG%. Expect a low scoring game...an oldschool Knicks vs Heat matchup.
Theres a team named UCLA left. Maybe youve heard of them? Yea theyre pretty good on d.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #5
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Average points per game doesn't take into account the tempo of the game.

Through Sunday, March 25th.
Defensive Efficiency in terms of points allowed per 100 possessions.

UCLA - 91.9 (9th)
Florida - 92.5 (11th)
Ohio State - 93.7 (19th)
Georgetown - 96.1 (46th)

Field Goal Percentages

Ohio State:
3PT% Defense - 33.1% (84th)
2PT% Defense - 44.1% (28th)

Georgetown:
3PT% Defense - 30.3% (8th)
2PT% Defense - 43.0% (13th)

Florida:
3PT% Defense - 29.1% (2nd)
2PT% Defense - 45.8% (78th)

UCLA:
3PT% Defense - 34.8% (172nd)
2PT% Defense - 45.4% (57th)

http://kenpom.com/stats.php

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 03-26-2007 at 09:06 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lookin at those numbers i still see Gtown and OSU 1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Theres a team named UCLA left. Maybe youve heard of them? Yea theyre pretty good on d.

And they arent better than Gtown or OSU on D. Thanks anyway tho...if it makes you feel good? The final 4 have 4 really good defensive teams. Including UCLA. Carry on.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As far as their defense in general (half court, full court, transition, etc.), i'd rank them as such:

1. UCLA
2. Georgetown
3. Florida
4. Ohio St.

But, when Florida is firing on all cylinders no team can find a way to get to the rim through Brewer, Noah and Horford.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #8
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

1. florida
2. g-town
3. ucla
4. ohio state
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Florida vs Georgetown in the Finals, End of Thread.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Lookin at those numbers i still see Gtown and OSU 1 and 2.

And they arent better than Gtown or OSU on D. Thanks anyway tho...if it makes you feel good? The final 4 have 4 really good defensive teams. Including UCLA. Carry on.
UCLA is the best defensive team.

Carry on.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:45 PM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't think it really matters. Each team is good at defense and when you get to the part where you are locking team down, distiniguishing each time by incredibly small margins is moot.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #12
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

I'm picking Gtown for this game. I have them going to the championship in my bracket, so I'm not changing my pick. I think this is the game where OSU's youthfulness finally does them in.

The Hibbert vs Oden matchup will be fun to watch. Should be a great game.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:53 AM   #13
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Oden vs Hibbert a great matchup
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Hibbert could help his draft stock by how he performs vs Oden.

Same with Jeff Green. But Roy moreso. Could be the reason he either comes out or stays.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:38 AM   #15
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

it will be a good and tight game.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: