Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default OSU vs Florida Championship Game Thread

Who you guys got?

Florida is anywhere from 4.5 to 5pt favorites. OSU (+200). Didnt check the over/under.

Just about everyone is picking Florida over OSU. You got the media (from sites to newspapers to sports shows) office pools, msgboards. Its similar to USC over Texas where Texas walked out with the win. Could this be a game where OSU pulls off the upset (its an upset if the odds/public are against you)? I mean realistically Florida should win...on paper they are just better. They can go inside and if you double kick it out for shooters (they got them). Oden has been officiated POORLY this tourney picking up 4 fouls in it. Taureen Green vs Conley matchup is gonna be interesting. Gonna guess Brewer will guard Ron Lewis. What defense will OSU play? Wont be that BS 1-3-1 thats for sure. Maybe [bill rafferty]maaaaaaaaaaan to maaaaaaan[/bill rafferty].

I wanna bet on the dog do phucking bad even tho i think Florida will win. I won $500 on OSU over Gtown (OSU was the dog, go figure). So I'm thinkin about just dropping that on OSU moneyline. Payout 2-1. I lose, no biggie. I won, eureeka mom, no mom meatload! The dilemna, i just hate losing money i just won (principle of it all really) but I seem to win when i bet against myself.

Enough of that, who you like and why?

Last edited by GOBB : 04-03-2007 at 02:14 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OSU vs Florida game thread

I think Florida will win. What I hope happens isn't so easy. As a Big 10 fan, I'd like to see OSU win as well as because Florida fans are annoying just like any southerner.

On the other hand, I love the Florida players and haven't given two ****s about this whole they have an ego crap. So in the end I guess I want Florida to win, but won't be angry if a Big 10 team pulls it out.

OSU has more depth and I think Lighty and Cook could play huge rolls. If it becomes Lewis/Butler/Lighty/Cook vs Humphry/Brewer and not much else on the wings, OSU could run with this one on the wings. In this sense, an up tempo game would really help OSU. I like Hump/Brewer as the starting 2 over what OSU has, but the added depth will help OSU.

Conley > Green, but in college where you don't really need to force your pg to do that much with all this talent, making smart decisions and making big shots are key. Green can match Conley by doing this.

Down low, Noah/Horford/Richard on paper should dominate Oden/Harris/Hunter etc. but Oden is the best player of the bunch. How long he stays on the court will have huge implications on the outcome of the game. I'd still take Noah/Horford over Oden any day though, so Florida has a pretty decent advantage over OSU when you add in Richard.

Florida has better starters that know their role and OSU has more depth and POTENTIALLY the best player in the game.

I'll take Florida 78-72.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Think Florida takes this one, Noah and Horford should be looking to attack Oden early and get him in foul trouble, and without him OSU may be good but Florida is better, Florida wins it 72-58.

Last edited by insidehoops : 04-02-2007 at 07:33 PM.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

i got florida on this one.

Florida is more of the all around team while OSU relies too much on the 3. Live by the 3, die by the 3.

OSU needs to feed Oden more which I doubt they'll do.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope the officials allow the teams to play a little bit tonight. They have had too much of an impact on this tournament, imo.

Florida is looking rock solid right now. If OSU does their normal zone, Florida is going to eat them alive. They have to man up.

I do think these are the two best teams in the country and I'm somewhat surprised at the high point spread. There must be a ton of action on Florida. I would bet on OSU, but I only like doing 2-teamers.. I don't want to mess with the over/under.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Go with the dog, 2-1? Yup, go for it.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

The refs will probably be sucking Florida's staff all night long, and calling BS fouls, getting Oden in foul trouble, and making the game suck. If the game is fairly called, ODen should see 28-32 minutes on the court, and really do some damage. I think Corey Brewer is the x-factor in the game.

Prediction

OSU 77 - Florida 70
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #8
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

I would agree with the consensus......Fla. wins. That said, I think for Ohio State to win it's going to depend entirely on the games Conely Jr and Lewis have.They will have to turn in great performances.Sure, Oden will block his share of shots get in foul trouble and sit.

To summarize.....Florida will win.....too many weapons and there is alot to be said for experience
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #9
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Would like to see the Big Ten winning it, but I see OSU's missed 3's feeding the UF fast break which will put Oden in foul trouble if he has to run the court.

If OSU is shooting well from beyond then they should win.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #10
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Think Florida takes this one, Noah and Horford should be looking to attack Oden early and get him in foul trouble, and without him OSU may be good but Florida is better, Florida wins it 72-58.

Btw GoBB have you seen who's the 5th pick in the lastest draftexpress mock draft ? ...

I hope the refs let the game be physical so Oden wont have to sit w/ foul trouble after the first 5 mins.

I actually think Ohio St. may suprise some people and win a close 1. Every1 was saying theyd lose to Georgetown but they managed to get by. I got Ohio St by 2
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #11
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Who you guys got?

Florida is anywhere from 4.5 to 5pt favorites. OSU (+200). Didnt check the over/under.

Just about everyone is picking Florida over OSU. You got the media (from sites to newspapers to sports shows) office pools, msgboards. Its similar to USC over Texas where Texas walked out with the win. Could this be a game where OSU pulls off the upset (its an upset if the odds/public are against you)? I mean realistically Florida should win...on paper they are just better. They can go inside and if you double kick it out for shooters (they got them). Oden has been officiated POORLY this tourney picking up 4 fouls in it. Taureen Green vs Conley matchup is gonna be interesting. Gonna guess Brewer will guard Ron Lewis. What defense will OSU play? Wont be that BS 1-3-1 thats for sure. Maybe [bill rafferty]maaaaaaaaaaan to maaaaaaan[/bill rafferty].

I wanna bet on the dog do phucking bad even tho i think Florida will win. I won $500 on OSU over Gtown (OSU was the dog, go figure). So I'm thinkin about just dropping that on OSU moneyline. Payout 2-1. I lose, no biggie. I won, eureeka mom, no mom meatload! The dilemna, i just hate losing money i just won (principle of it all really) but I seem to win when i bet against myself.

Enough of that, who you like and why?

USC gave that game away...

Anyway, I picked Florida but maybe all this talk will rile up Ohio State (like it did Florida in the football championship)
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Would like to see the Big Ten winning it, but I see OSU's missed 3's feeding the UF fast break which will put Oden in foul trouble if he has to run the court.

If OSU is shooting well from beyond then they should win.
It does seem as though OSU lives and dies behind the arc. I would love to see Oden get more aggressive offensively, because there really isn't anyone that should be able to stop him, but I don't think he has that part of his game yet and he always seems to be in foul trouble... I don't see that changing tonight.

If OSU is off from behind the arc, they will get blown out. If they are on, but Oden gets in foul trouble, they may hang around, but won't win.

They need to be hitting their outside shot AND have Oden in the game to win.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ill take OSU for the plain fact that i hate Noah not the Florida team just him.

OSU-Florida
74-67
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Btw GoBB have you seen who's the 5th pick in the lastest draftexpress mock draft ? ...

Add Acie Law, Aaron Affalo, Alando Tucker as players better than Roy Hibbert. I saw your topic you posted....typed a long reply. Posted it then got an error message. Clicked out and the thread was removed. I cant recall much of what i typed. But what does one mock website have to do with anything? They are impressionable based on what he did vs OSU. It happens, after tonight he could be placed outside of it. Also what teams will draft him top 5? You said you could see/wouldnt be surprised by Roy going there because there arent 5 better players. But there are 5 better players and the only way he goes top 5 is if guys dont declare for the draft better than him. Not only as players but potential as well.

Julian Wright i read (article in the college forum) is returning to Kansas. Thats 1. You still got Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Brandan Wright. 2 of the 3 are questionable. Horford and Noah are definately coming out.

Draftexpress has the Suns drafting him. I mean come on. What other mock draft sites have Roy Hibbert top 5? You'll be hard pressed to find another. I dont see Roy going top 5 unless guys dont enter the draft that you had entering. Roy isnt a bad player but not top 5 worthy. Lower lottery.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #15
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Add Acie Law, Aaron Affalo, Alando Tucker as players better than Roy Hibbert. I saw your topic you posted....typed a long reply. Posted it then got an error message. Clicked out and the thread was removed. I cant recall much of what i typed. But what does one mock website have to do with anything? They are impressionable based on what he did vs OSU. It happens, after tonight he could be placed outside of it. Also what teams will draft him top 5? You said you could see/wouldnt be surprised by Roy going there because there arent 5 better players. But there are 5 better players and the only way he goes top 5 is if guys dont declare for the draft better than him. Not only as players but potential as well.

Julian Wright i read (article in the college forum) is returning to Kansas. Thats 1. You still got Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Brandan Wright. 2 of the 3 are questionable. Horford and Noah are definately coming out.

Draftexpress has the Suns drafting him. I mean come on. What other mock draft sites have Roy Hibbert top 5? You'll be hard pressed to find another. I dont see Roy going top 5 unless guys dont enter the draft that you had entering. Roy isnt a bad player but not top 5 worthy. Lower lottery.

Thats the worst draft site ive ever seen.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: