Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation
Default Corey Brewer

Looked through the first bunch of pages....didnt see a topic.How do you see this guy in the pros?

IMO his game will translate smoothly and easily.He can shoot ...D up...athletic.He'll be seeing minutes from day 1.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Corey Brewer

reminds me of an even skinnier Darius Miles (hopefully without attitude problems)
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

He's the next Scottie Pippen. Book it.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
reminds me of an even skinnier Darius Miles (hopefully without attitude problems)

How so? Bruce Bowen with potential to improve his offensive game is more like it. Kid is lacking offensively...the way he scores in college will not go down in the pro's.

Quote:
He's the next Scottie Pippen. Book it.

*waits for him to get banned again*
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How so? Bruce Bowen with potential to improve his offensive game is more like it. Kid is lacking offensively...the way he scores in college will not go down in the pro's.

I agree with your assessment of him not being as gifted as Miles offensively , he's def. a better shooter and a more willing defender.Do you agree?
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndough
I agree with your assessment of him not being as gifted as Miles offensively , he's def. a better shooter and a more willing defender.Do you agree?

He's one of the nations best defenders. Miles wishes he could lace up his boots and contain someone. This kid does. And Miles really didnt have much of a jumper to me so yea a better shooter but he can be erratic and inconsistent.

Probably could end up like Raja Bell...better but Raja is a very good defender and improved his overall game. I think Brewer has more upside.

I like him. Gonna be interesting to see what teams scoops him up.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

How can you talk when you've been banned more than anyone. :

And from a pure skill standpoint, there hasn't been a better Pippen clone than Brewer over the last 20 years. I would venture to say that they even have the same bio coming out of college. Both had tremendous length and defensive abilities, but slight of frame. They're almost identical, really.

Now go play somewhere before I embarrass you.

Last edited by PleezeBelieve : 04-02-2007 at 07:55 PM.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
He's one of the nations best defenders. Miles wishes he could lace up his boots and contain someone. This kid does. And Miles really didnt have much of a jumper to me so yea a better shooter but he can be erratic and inconsistent.

Probably could end up like Raja Bell...better but Raja is a very good defender and improved his overall game. I think Brewer has more upside.

I like him. Gonna be interesting to see what teams scoops him up.

you're right. not much like DMiles. better defender. not as good on the offensive side.
I think they overstate Brewer's height at 6'8. He looked about the same height as Afflolo (6'5)
Old 04-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

He reminds me a lot of Josh Howard. They move the same way. I think he'll be a good player.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
How can you talk when you've been banned more than anyone. :

Not for blatant stupidity when TRYING to debate the game of basketball. You get banned for stupidity

Quote:
And from a pure skill standpoint, there hasn't been a better Pippen clone than Brewer over the last 20 years.

What pure skills does Brewer have that Igoudala didnt? Slap yourself.

Quote:
I would venture to say that they even have the same bio coming out of college. Both had tremendous length and defensive abilities, but slight of frame. They're almost identical, really.

They are hardly identical.

Pippen avg 18, 20 and 24ppg....9rbs twice and 10rpg once. Career 17ppg 3apg 8rpg player. Improved every year in college. Shot over 55% in college.

No comparison.

Quote:
Now go play somewhere before I embarrass you. l:

I'm here waiting.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

he does have pippens frame but nowhere near the potential or athletic ability.
i could see him putting up 15 pts in his prime along with some great defense. I'd like to see the pistons draft him with the magic pick if law is no longer on the board

ohh and pippen was putting up 24/10/4.5 on 59% his senior year, brewer is putting up half of that

Last edited by thenextgreatbigman : 04-02-2007 at 08:10 PM.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #12
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndough
Looked through the first bunch of pages....didnt see a topic.How do you see this guy in the pros?

maybe because your in the wrong forum.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brewer will be like Tayshaun Prince, but a little quicker. No Pippen, he's not that explosive.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I think Tay is a good assessment, only thing is he doesn't look as anarexic. He'll be a really good pro and a lot of teams are gonna be looking to get their hands on this guy, he should be top 10 with the type of defense and energy he brings. If he gets in with a big time team like Phoenix or San Antonio, he could be a real big time player.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #15
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Stacey Augmon.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: