Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default Why is Joakim Noah a Top 10 prospect?

First of all let me just state that I am a Joakim Noah fan. I mean who can hate the guy?

He is a type of player that plays with great energy and passion, he's a fierce competitor, he inspires his teammates to become better players and most of all he plays with passion. He knows how to win. He has a very unique way of leading his team to victory night in and night out.

But he's not a 20/10 guy, at best in the NBA he can be slightly better than Andersan Verejao. Maybe a poor man's Tayshaun Prince.

The question is can he be an All-Star one day? Can his body take the toll in a league that has an 82 game season plus the NBA Playoffs if granted to you?

I don't hate the guy, like I said, I am a fan. I just want to know why he is a Top 10 prospect.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why is Joakim Noah a Top 10 prospect?

Potential.

That is what Gms love to get in the draft he could potentially make a big impact on defense and on the boards and maybe could polish his offense and average 15-18 ppg while getting 10 boards and 2 blocks per while also bringing great energy. He is also very athletic and has good speed, ballhandling, and passing for a big.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 04-02-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hes an athletic as hell 7 footer that can defend extremely well and wins.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Don't know...maybe because he plays with some fire. Don't know how much that's gonna help when it looks like Lisa Leslie can bang in the paint with him.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can safely say that the four best players on the court tonight are:

1. Oden
2. Brewer
3. Conley Jr.
4. Green

Noah is absolutely average. Anyone that would take Noah above Brewer in the draft needs to have their head examined.

As a matter of fact, Brewer is creeping into my top 5. I'd love to have him on my team... too bad we won't be in the lottery.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #6
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wont be suprised if hes the next Junkyard Dog. I cant say he cant be a star though. Dont know him too well. They always blow people out and I dont watch the full game. Maybe hes a big reason for that so I wont be too hard on him.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 PM   #7
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Was asking myself the same question.

But I guess all that is really asked for a 7 footer nowadays is that they can rebound and play defense. He can do both of those plus plays with hustle and scrapiness.

So many teams need a defensive anchor/enforcer in the paint and he can be that.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #8
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I can safely say that the four best players on the court tonight are:

1. Oden
2. Brewer
3. Conley Jr.
4. Green

Noah is absolutely average. Anyone that would take Noah above Brewer in the draft needs to have their head examined.

As a matter of fact, Brewer is creeping into my top 5. I'd love to have him on my team... too bad we won't be in the lottery.

who's your team?
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #9
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

in the NBA, Noah will foul-out in 2 minutes.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
who's your team?
The Cavs.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

good question... i have seen him play a couple times and never seen him do anything very well other than look like a clown with that stupid hair. i don't think hes gonna do anything special in the NBA.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

....because he's still living off last year's tourney performance.

I hope the Suns don't draft him if they get ATL's pick.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #13
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

IMO, no.

In my mock draft, he would be at least #10. Most maybe 15. I would take all these guys before him
1. Oden
2. Durant
3. Wright
4. Green
5. Jianlian
6. Horford
7. Brewer
8. Hibbert
9. Conley
10. MAYBE noah
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OK so I'm now just watching the Post Game interviews and such... Now Noahs father Yannick, Top Tennis player in the world in his time who is French and a very well spoken man, His mother is Swdish and a very elegant lady.. Noah was obviously raised in an upper class family never having to want... why does he talk, act and try to come off like some street punk?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #15
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
OK so I'm now just watching the Post Game interviews and such... Now Noahs father Yannick, Top Tennis player in the world in his time who is French and a very well spoken man, His mother is Swdish and a very elegant lady.. Noah was obviously raised in an upper class family never having to want... why does he talk, act and try to come off like some street punk?

exactly what i was thinking.. unfortunately it is considered cool to act like a street punk.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: