Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,270
Default If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

The Suns get the Hawks pick if it falls to no. 4 in the draft.

If that happens, would Noah be available?

If so, how good would Noah be with the Suns?

A more talented Boris Diaw?

I personally think he would make them just about unstoppable.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year
 
DatZNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,845
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

It'd probably be his best fit in the NBA
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,766
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

They get deeper but not neccessarily much better. If he starts with Amare he screws up the spacing because he cant shoot and Amare would be the one running the pick and role.

He bad shooting would kill the Suns system and his weak man to defense would not help them with being weak in the post.

He would fit in but he wouldnt do much better than Diaw. And if he plays than Diaw wont play, so there is a tradeoff.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:50 AM   #4
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,270
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
They get deeper but not neccessarily much better. If he starts with Amare he screws up the spacing because he cant shoot and Amare would be the one running the pick and role.

He bad shooting would kill the Suns system and his weak man to defense would not help them with being weak in the post.

He would fit in but he wouldnt do much better than Diaw. And if he plays than Diaw wont play, so there is a tradeoff.

He'd be a great reserve his first two years, and then he could be a starter.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:50 AM   #5
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star
 
picc84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wash. D.C.
Posts: 8,676
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

I never understood why they dont just teach big men to shoot. I mean, look at Ben Wallce. He's completely useless on offense. His D instincts arent going to go away, neither are his rebounding. Why dont his coaches just work with him and have him dedicate an entire summer to just developing a jumpshot so that he presents some SEMBLANCE of an offensive threat. I mean, this is NBA level. There's no reason he shouldnt be able to do it with enough work.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:53 AM   #6
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,766
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I never understood why they dont just teach big men to shoot. I mean, look at Ben Wallce. He's completely useless on offense. His D instincts arent going to go away, neither are his rebounding. Why dont his coaches just work with him and have him dedicate an entire summer to just developing a jumpshot so that he presents some SEMBLANCE of an offensive threat. I mean, this is NBA level. There's no reason he shouldnt be able to do it with enough work.

a lot of its mental.. I bet if you see a lot of bigs in the gym shooting they would be money. But when the lights come on its a whole different game. Ask Kwame Brown...he used to be able shoot before Jordan got to him
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:56 AM   #7
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

I don't agree at all with the Diaw, Noah comparison.

Diaw has a better shot and much better dribbling skills. Diaw's game is all about the 1-on-1, kick out or swoop to the basket.

The only real similarity I see is that they are tall, good passers, decent defenders and lack aggression. I personally would prefer Al Horford, but I think Noah would be a nice backup for Diaw and Amare.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 AM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 29,126
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I never understood why they dont just teach big men to shoot. I mean, look at Ben Wallce. He's completely useless on offense. His D instincts arent going to go away, neither are his rebounding. Why dont his coaches just work with him and have him dedicate an entire summer to just developing a jumpshot so that he presents some SEMBLANCE of an offensive threat. I mean, this is NBA level. There's no reason he shouldnt be able to do it with enough work.
I have often wondered if the big men, the guys that were always so much taller than everyone else never learned the outside game because they never had to, stand in the middle and shoot the ball is all they knew because nobody took the time to help the develop more of a game...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:02 AM   #9
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Noah would get very little playing time.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #10
saKf
Roy = my new fave.
 
saKf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Not offended by low scores.
Posts: 4,206
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
I don't agree at all with the Diaw, Noah comparison.

Diaw has a better shot and much better dribbling skills. Diaw's game is all about the 1-on-1, kick out or swoop to the basket.

The only real similarity I see is that they are tall, good passers, decent defenders and lack aggression. I personally would prefer Al Horford, but I think Noah would be a nice backup for Diaw and Amare.
Agreed on both accounts (Diaw not like Noah and Horford preferable to Noah).
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:08 AM   #11
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,421
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Ugh keep Noah away from Phoenix.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:10 AM   #12
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

i dont think noah would do alot for them but id be majorly pissed if they get julian wright.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:40 AM   #13
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star
 
ExpatSunsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 691
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
If so, how good would Noah be with the Suns?

A more talented Boris Diaw?
More like a smarter Marcus Camby.


It would probably take a year or two for Noah to gain the requisite 20 pounds--and to turn that ugly-ass FT stroke into an ugly-ass mid-range jumper--but after that, he'd be a great fit. Marion and Noah working together on defense would be awfully similar to what the Pistons have with Sheed and Tayshaun Prince.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:47 AM   #14
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
Marion and Noah working together on defense would be awfully similar to what the Pistons have with Sheed and Tayshaun Prince.
or not...
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:49 AM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,447
Default Re: If Phoenix gets Noah, how good will he be with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
i dont think noah would do alot for them but id be majorly pissed if they get julian wright.

Julian is staying in college to get his degree. Said this awhile ago.

Like Datz said, probably his best fit. Getting open dunks and his good passing skills would definitely help him. Whoever said he's a bad man defender is wrong. He's a fine man defender, and a very good help defender. He needs to beef up but there is nothing wrong with his defense.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy