Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far
Default Al Sharpton: "This is not about distroying Imus' career"

Quote:
"This is about uplifting the careers of the young women of the Ruckers' basketball team. These young women are doing the right thing and they should not be brought down by being called rough looking and nappy headed hoes"
Amen brother!
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Al Sharpton: "This is not about distroying Imus' career"

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Imus really didn't mean it in a mean way, he just likes to make fun of people for laughs. He's not a racist, but he's an upper class white man who said racist things. But it's still not right to say these things, Martin Luther King fought for freedom, and now someone is calling his race 'nappy headed hoes' in the year 2007? Come on now. FIRE HIS ASS!
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Al Sharpton is a joke
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Al Sharpton is a joke
Then what does that make you. Have you ever stood up for anyone? Have you ever put your life, career, and reputation of the line for someone else.

Let's see how this plays out
Old 04-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Those girls played for Ruckers'? I never saw them down there. I've gone from my home in the Bronx and never seen females playing there.

By the way, this was total BS. Worse crap is happening in this country but they made it a witch hunt against Imus. I'm not saying that what he said was right but I know for a fact that the media and the attention of the people of this country should be focused on something more than just a scandal over a few words that were said in a humorous manner. They were racist remarks but the guy should have not lost his job because of it,.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Those girls played for Ruckers'? I never saw them down there. I've gone from my home in the Bronx and never seen females playing there.

By the way, this was total BS. Worse crap is happening in this country but they made it a witch hunt against Imus. I'm not saying that what he said was right but I know for a fact that the media and the attention of the people of this country should be focused on something more than just a scandal over a few words that were said in a humorous manner. They were racist remarks but the guy should have not lost his job because of it,.

Rutgers, not Ruckers
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ruckers' basketball team

ok guy
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
0ne50
Local High School Star

no habla englais mucho grande???
Old 04-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
Then what does that make you. Have you ever stood up for anyone? Have you ever put your life, career, and reputation of the line for someone else.

Let's see how this plays out

What the hell point are you trying to make? Sharpton does not put his career on the line, whining about minor events like this instead of larger national problems IS his career. And yes, I'm sure most people on here have stood up for a certain cause or an individual, I know I have.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

When is Sharpton going to apologize to:

1. Duke Lacrosse players?
2. Policemen Tawnya Brawley falsely accused of raping her?
3. God? (for pretending to be a reverend)
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Rutgers, not Ruckers

You should be correcting the OP, who made (or copy & pasted) the mistake.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
no habla englais mucho grande???

No mucho. Pero si te meto un bombazo en la quijada te caes al piso a las millas. East Bronx, the corner of Kruger and Allerton. I'll translate for you. Show you how good my english is.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean77
Rutgers, not Ruckers

That's why I pointed it out. It's called sarcasm.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
No mucho. Pero si te meto un bombazo en la quijada te caes al piso a las millas. East Bronx, the corner of Kruger and Allerton. I'll translate for you. Show you how good my english is.
I'm a heavy wieght. Your little light weight sissy punches won't hurt me. What are you like 5'3" sh*t you have a hard time reaching my jaw. Besides I could be anywhere in the world. What are the odds that I would be somewhere near East Bronx? Your low-risk gamble worked out for you 'cause I'm nowhere near the Bronx. You're a disgrace to the state of New York tough'n it out over the net. I wonder how your amigos would feel about you and your keyboard bangin'? Let's find out. Tell them that you invited some guy from the internet to come to Kruger and Allerton for a fight. Then watch as they look at you sideways.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: