Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Is it right for white people to write Reggae songs?

not a racist thread, just a question.

The reason why I asked...well take a look at this video and you'll find out. I just found it a bit wierd.

Collie Buddz - Come Around
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOtKdOY9PfA
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Is it right for white people to write Reggae songs?

sure why not?

if the white artist is writing it because he has a natural talent for it and he is no disrespecting it.. why not?

the only thing that is wrong is having someone who is boastful and arrogant start to cry about other people arguing with him because of it.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #3
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
sure why not?

if the white artist is writing it because he has a natural talent for it and he is no disrespecting it.. why not?

the only thing that is wrong is having someone who is boastful and arrogant start to cry about other people arguing with him because of it.
i agree its legit
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

You never heard of Sean Paul or Snow? Informer....
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:12 AM   #5
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

as long as he can do it without embarrasing himself why not
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #6
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a few caribean born friends that are of the caucasion decent and they all speak there given patwa dialect which is essentially and in essence the language that Ragge music is translated in. And when I went to Trinidad a few years back I came across the same so if they contain the same speach than its a given. But I do agree that its a rare thing to see and somewhat awkard at first but if the talent and ability is apparent then much like Eminem did, respect will be given regardless of what race that specific artist is...
In the end, good music is good music and you cant deny that...
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #7
JMEWLS

I actually liked that song.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #8
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Bob Marley was half-white, so to him all that black-and-white didn't make any difference to him. For a long time two of Jamaica's biggest producers, Sly and Robbie, had Chinese and white cats playing on their songs. As long as you can do the genre justice, it's all good.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #9
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

not being racist here but is it right for black people to have high paying, corporate jobs?
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Is it right for black people to play hockey? Who cares? Why is it only "wrong" if it's perceived that whites are latching onto black culture? I saw a black girl walking out of Suncoast with a Friends DVD box set and I was only slightly irritated.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I LOVE Reggae!!!..it's my favorite kind of music...and I have noooo problem with people of any race making reggae..as long as it sounds good..The group Sublime have done some pretty nice Bob Marley covers!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: