Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-02-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

Default Who runs the point next year?

Now after we drafted Farmar, we used the MLE on V-Rad, and only have the bi-annual exception ($1.75 million) to sign another free agent.

Who do you guys think will be running the point for us come the beggining of next year?
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
Now after we drafted Farmar, we used the MLE on V-Rad, and only have the bi-annual exception ($1.75 million) to sign another free agent.

Who do you guys think will be running the point for us come the beggining of next year?

I would think another option would be to do a sign and trade... if there is a player the Lakers want out there, they have Mihm's contract, Cook's contract, as well as others that could be used as part of a package for a sign and trade.

Along with the $1.7M exception, the Lakers can also do a straight trade or they can use a sign and trade to get a point guard or harrington or whatever the Lakers need. Its all about creatively crafting the right deal. They have options.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

we should try a sign and trade to get marcus Banks, Sam Cassel, or even MIKE JAAAMMEES

Prefferably Sam or marcus.

Also here is something to remember...Sam cassel influenced many successful PG's in this league and maybe even if he doesnt play for us, him and Jordan Farmar can workout together.

If other players can work out with Kobe Bryant during the off-season i dont see why Jordan cannot work out with Cassel.

Look what cassel has done with livingston.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
If other players can work out with Kobe Bryant during the off-season i dont see why Jordan cannot work out with Cassel.

I believe that D. Wade and Kobe are working out together this summer... talk about making each other better!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I believe that D. Wade and Kobe are working out together this summer... talk about making each other better!

This is actually true. Gary Payton said in an interview that wade wanted to worl out with Kobe this off-season. They see each oher in the olympics anyways
Old 07-03-2006, 09:02 PM   #6
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

Kobe is a workout fanatic. That's one reason why he and Shaq couldn't get along. He wanted to work all the time. Shaq hates work.

Who runs the point? It's way too early to tell. We still have trade possibilities open to us. A sign and trade involving Devean George for example. We have Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, and Aaron McKie who all are pretty good trade assets. We won't get an all-star with them, but we should be able to get a good player or players in return.

For example, I wanted the Lakers to sign Steve Blake last summer. He went to Portland. Maybe we can work out a small trade for him. They have Jarrett Jack and drafted Sergio Rodriguez, so they might be open to trading him.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Steve Blake would be really good for our system. He isnt as you all would say "an ideal point gaurd".

He can also hit open shots and is known more for his Defense.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #8
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Steve Blake would be really good for our system. He isnt as you all would say "an ideal point gaurd".

He can also hit open shots and is known more for his Defense.

ya...maybe if we get him....atleast we would not lose to those trail mixers again....last year he was the only guy who played good against us and we were 2-2 with them
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

But portland now got some pretty good trades down and they look to becoming pretty good next year bein lead by some rookies
Old 07-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #10
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

Smush again this year
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:31 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

honestly i dont see a problem with smush.

Remember he had a good season last year during the regular season and was just very pressured when he came to play against his old team.

he actually did good in his 1st 2 playoff games too.

but after that he sucked a big horse's ****.

but I think he can start again, I see no problem with him
Old 07-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #12
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

Surveying the current landscape, I see San Antonio needing a center after losing Rasha and Nazr. They have Beno Udrih who is young and has playoff experience. We can make an offer to get him. Include Smush.

Smush and Mihm for Udrih and filler to make the dollars work out.

Look for teams who needs a center, because no good centers are available now via free agency, and make an offer for one of their point guards.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #13
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Surveying the current landscape, I see San Antonio needing a center after losing Rasha and Nazr. They have Beno Udrih who is young and has playoff experience. We can make an offer to get him. Include Smush.

Smush and Mihm for Udrih and filler to make the dollars work out.

Look for teams who needs a center, because no good centers are available now via free agency, and make an offer for one of their point guards.

Dude....are you crazy ...giving up mihm + smush for Udrih??? remember last year they didnt even play him??? no way....I wouldnt even give smush for that guy...leave Mihm......Mihm is a good solid centre...maybe we should give him one more chance this year....maybe he would be consistent 10-10-2 guy.I would trade him to Atlanta only for Al Harrington......other deals dont make sense...dont just trade him because is in last year? and dont take guaranted that Kwame will play at the same level again like he played in the last 18 games of the season......Mihm can score consistantly and Kwame cant.......think about this......
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #14
d_white089
Let's Go.....

If the Lakers don't trade or sign any new point guards...I really hope they start vujacic over smush..he has more potential and if he gets pt as a starter i think he would flourish and be way better than smush was last year..
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:02 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

d_white089,

Now that you mention it I would split sasha and Smush's minutes also depending on who is hotter that day.

can u just imagine sasha and smush averaging 24 mins per game.

They would be well rested and would be great
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: