Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ohio St. trio all entering NBA draft.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/colleg...story/10135066

Quote:
Exodus at Ohio State not so bad, really
April 18, 2007
By Gary Parrish
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Greg Oden, Mike Conley Jr. and Daequan Cook are each expected to formally announce in the next 48 hours they will enter the NBA Draft. Across the nation the reaction will vary if it happens, and some people will scream this is the problem with college basketball, that Ohio State is getting a raw deal because 60 percent of the heralded Thad Five recruiting class is on its way out the door, leaving the Buckeyes as mere mortals next season.

You can't expect Greg Oden to turn down a possible seven-figure salary.
But those people will be wrong.

Ohio State isn't getting a raw deal.

Ohio State is getting the exact deal it made two Novembers ago when it signed a five-player class featuring three McDonald's All-Americans. When a school does that, the best the school can hope is that it's setting itself up for two things that always happen in the same order.

First comes a huge amount of success.

Next comes a huge number of departures.

It's the natural way of things when millions of dollars are waiting for young athletes skilled at putting a ball through a hoop. But don't cry for the Buckeyes. They milked this for nearly everything it was worth, specifically:

• A Big Ten title.

• A Big Ten Tournament title.

• A No. 1 ranking in both major polls.

• An appearance in the national title game.

Does that sound like a raw deal?

Ask Virginia if it would take that deal.

Nothing official, but it sound inevitable now. Sorry Gobb.

More importantly, MSU is gonna **** on the rest of the Big 10 now.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people
Default Re: Ohio St. trio all entering NBA draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/colleg...story/10135066

Nothing official, but it sound inevitable now. Sorry Gobb.

More importantly, MSU is gonna **** on the rest of the Big 10 now.

Sorry Gobb for what?

Sixers had no shot for the #1 pick anyway.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If Philly somehow miraculously lucks out into the #1 pick, I would be so freaking happy. Much happier than I'd be if the Wolves got it. Philly almost "deserves" that pick, if you can say a team deserves it.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sorry that your *Tony Kornheiser* BOYYY *Tony Kornheiser* didn't stay in school.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

This is great. The more talent at the top of the draft, the more talent falls to the range where the kings will be drafting
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Oden+Gasol+Gay+Kinsey+Lowry = Magical
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Kinsey? Let's be serious here. He's not gonna be a part of any future success at a real tangible level.

Gasol and Oden would be wicked though...if Gasol doesn't push to be traded.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry that your *Tony Kornheiser* BOYYY *Tony Kornheiser* didn't stay in school.

I never cared either way. If I'm mad at anything is the fact Sixers miss out on Oden or Durant. That irks me bigtime. I'm hoping we can package our picks plus Willie Green, Steven Hunter or whatever and move up.

I dont see anyone giving up the 1 and 2 picks at all unfortunately. So yeah I'm mad these are worthless now.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
This is great. The more talent at the top of the draft, the more talent falls to the range where the kings will be drafting

There was gonna be talent there anyway...you're in the friggin lottery.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

What's the lowest pick a team is guaranteed to get? I think the #1 seed can do no worse than the 5th pick. Anyone know the rest?

Is there a guaranteed highest pick a team can get (ie. like a team in Philly's situation?)?
Old 04-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #11
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Oden+Gasol+Gay+Kinsey+Lowry = Magical
That'd be really nice.

Memphis is one of the teams I'd be happy if they got the first pick.

Boston
Memphis
Minnesota
New Orleans
Philadelphia
Portland

If anyone but those teams gets it, saKf = sadKf. Bucks, Hawks, Sonics, Bulls, Bobcats, Kings with the first pick? No thanks. Boo. Poop in a bucket. Come to think of it, I don't really want New Orleans to get it either.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #12
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
What's the lowest pick a team is guaranteed to get? I think the #1 seed can do no worse than the 5th pick. Anyone know the rest?

Is there a guaranteed highest pick a team can get (ie. like a team in Philly's situation?)?
The worst team can do no worse than fourth.

After the top three are selected by ping-pong balls, it goes by record. So the worst record can do no worse than 4th, second-worst no worse than 5th, etc.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputation

This is a very talented draft hope Cleveland can acquire some tough players in the Late First round or early 2nd round.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Safka, if hippos and lions could mate, I'd hump you in your sleep.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #15
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:

Philly wont be able to move up much if at all. They might move up 1 spot..thats been realistic but for the most part 8 on down pretty much stay the same. Like i said from 8-14 you may have a team or two at best that switch spots...Philly at 12 leaps to 11 and whoever was at 11 falls to 12. The movement up is limited. From 1-7 you got movement...i dont know how low the top 3 worst teams can go...but I'll assume 4th or 5th.

So really predicting the draft from 8 on down is possible...7 on up isnt. Sixers are at 11 and thats where they will end up in the draft.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: