Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default VA Teach Shooter: Muslim?

At school I heard today that Virginia Tech gunman Cho Seung-Hui was Muslim. Someone else also said they heard he mentioned something about Islam in his video message.

It makes me sick to hear that another psycho is using Islam's name in vain to partake in atrocious deeds.

Anyone else hear this?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: VA Teach Shooter: Muslim?

I didn't hear that, but with a name like Cho Seung-Hui, I don't think he was raised muslim.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
I didn't hear that, but with a name like Cho Seung-Hui, I don't think he was raised muslim.
Yeah, you're completely right. And he didn't move from Vietnam until he was 12 (i think) and I doubt their is a strong Muslim group in Vietnam EDIT: S.Korea.

He would have had to "converted" in college, i guess. I use "converted" in quotes because (if he is calling himself a muslim) he really didn't convert; he just used the name of Islam because it stood for something that was completely different from those he hated: white rich kids.

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 04-18-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

He made a video message? Damn I gotta youtube that.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Yeah, you're completely right. And he didn't move from Vietnam until he was 12 (i think) and I doubt their is a strong Muslim group in Vietnam.

He would have had to "converted" in college, i guess. I use "converted" in quotes because (if he is calling himself a muslim) he really didn't convert; he just used the name of Islam because it stood for something that was completely different from those he hated: white rich kids.

u sure u mean viet nam? hes south korean..
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #6
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he's korean. many koreans are christians, especially the ones that live here. i do remember that the media reported that he stated disapointment in his religion in the letter he left behind in his dorm room. now whether that religion was christianity or islam, im not gonna speculate until more info comes out.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me

Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.

He also had a red tattoo of “Ismail Ax” on the inside of one of his arms which might be referring to a passage in the Koran where Ishmael grabbed an ax and destroyed idols to wealth and sex, although obviously Ishmael is spelled wrong if that was the case.

Before I get a reply to this post saying that Muslims don't get tattoos, let me say that tattoos aren't that rare among muslim youths these days.

Last edited by Cavs Fan : 04-18-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he's korean. many koreans are christians, especially the ones that live here. i do remember that the media reported that he stated disapointment in his religion in the letter he left behind in his dorm room. now whether that religion was christianity or islam, im not gonna speculate until more info comes out.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
u sure u mean viet nam? hes south korean..
Yeah, your right.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
rezznor
Nosetradamus

just watched the video, he compares himself to and mentions Jesus Christ a few times, so no, i doubt he was muslim.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #11
Fudge
Coke Boyz

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I thought he's South Korean?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #12
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
just watched the video, he compares himself to and mentions Jesus Christ a few times, so no, i doubt he was muslim.

Where did you see the video? Its not even released yet, all they got is pictures.
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #13
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

I am pretty sure he didnt do it in the name of Islam but did it "to get even with rich people."
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #14
-primetime-

video is here:

http://www.cnn.com/

just click the picture
Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #15
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

**** made me laugh. He didn't say anything special. You can tell he wanted to go out with a bang and be infamous.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: