Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool
Default Official A-Rod thread of awesomeness

2 more bombs tonight.

A-Rod stats to date:

14 HRs, 34 rbis, .400 BA

Has hit safely in all 18 games.

Too bad he can't pitch
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Official A-Rod thread of awesomeness

Ive been a fan since his Seattle Days, HE will kill whatever record Bonds set this yr.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Ive been a fan since his Seattle Days, HE will kill whatever record Bonds set this yr.

Maybe. Since hes on steroids as well.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
Maybe. Since hes on steroids as well.
yep yep he is
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 AM   #5
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

official the mother****er better do this in the postseason post
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

It's a shame that the Yanks are pitching horribly. A-Rod is pretty much keeping that team alive.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

as much as I can't stand the guy, I admire what he's done so far
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #8
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
as much as I can't stand the guy, I admire what he's done so far
why cant you stand him? he has a good personality unlike TO or Randy Moss of the NFL. Or is it that you just dont like how he plays in the playoffs?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:33 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

steroids?

nope. does he look jacked and thick as hell like Baroid? he's in good shape but much thinner than Baroid.

and I can't believe the bullpen F'd up again....
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thing that is weird to me is Arod has 1 year where he isnt at the Arod standard he set for himself and people were down on him. Negative publicity. Now he's back to the Arod standard he set and people are in awe. I'm not, i think its great he is having a terrific start but it doesnt move me much. Cause this is where my expectations were from Arod before he became a Yankee. And I always thought he was a top 3 baseball player, arguably the best baseball player in the game. Best offensive SS of all time.

Funny how the media is on his nut sac now.

Arod personality is like Oscar's imo. Not favorable to me but I dont mind Arod. Great baseball player and he earns the mega deal he recieved. Yankees wont go nowhere unless they address that pitching.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
why cant you stand him? he has a good personality unlike TO or Randy Moss of the NFL. Or is it that you just dont like how he plays in the playoffs?

In the past, he has seemed kinda fake. I'll admit, he is coming out of that a bit this year. I was surprised to hear that him and Jeter don't have sleepovers anymore. That is essential knowledge for my everyday life *lol*
Old 04-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

the different batting stances have always facinated me

Jeff Bagwell--dude looked like he was crouching down to take a ****
Gary Sheffield-the bat wag
Coco Crisp-WTF? Have you seen the way his head juts out towards the pitcher when it's rested on his shoulder?
Manny Ramirez-intimidating as hell. Dude just looks relaxed
Kevin Youkilis-sticks his ass WAY out
Jim Thome-crotch grab
Nomar-the **** he does between pitches is crazy
Old 04-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

the bullpen has been stinking it up lately.

the starting rotation if healthy is more than serviceable...

Wang and Pettite can be counted on to deliver good games.

Mussina and Igawa are question marks and Pavano should go to the bullpen...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
the bullpen has been stinking it up lately.

the starting rotation if healthy is more than serviceable...

Wang and Pettite can be counted on to deliver good games.

Mussina and Igawa are question marks and Pavano should go to the bullpen...

Igawa's shown me absolutly nothin. he sux balls. Moose isnt a question mark, hes proved to be a reliable starter.

Looks like they called up Phil Hughes to pitch on Thursday. Hopefully he'll live up to the hype

Also Chingy is pitching today so we should win

Arod = God
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:37 PM   #15
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

there is no staff ace. Noone in the starting rotation delivers fear into the opposition. Wang/Mussina/Pettite are nice, but they aren't great. They don't overpower you, and they rely on their defense to make plays as opposed to blowing hitters away. NY is pretty low as far as defensive rankings go, so you also have to take that into consideration, considering Wang is a groundball pitcher.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: