Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
schyza
High School Starter

Default What is the craziest/funniest thing you have done for the love of your team?

I was sitting around pondering this question because I have 1 friend who is a die hard Fighting Irish fan and he had the Fighting Irish logo tattooed on the back of his head “ouch” Then I have another friend who is a huge Laker fan and wears not just a jersey but the entire frigging Laker outfit jersey shirt, shorts and even the snap off warm up pants and long sleeve over shirt for every game even if he is just sitting on his couch drinking a beer and watching from home. I personally more of a collector and have a good collection of Laker’s memorabilia and toys but when I bought my house in AZ I did the front yard landscaping in all purple and gold, Purple sage bush’s purple and gold lantanas and even a tree that has purple flowers on it so in the summer now that all the plants and flowers have bloomed my yard is all Laker colors “yeah I have a screw lose ”. So have you ever done anything crazy for the love of your team?
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: What is the craziest/funniest thing you have done for the love of your team?

I was at last years San Diego pre-season game, and I was yelling at the ref the entire game for every call they made, it was crazy. It might not be dangerous or risky but It was fun and I felt like a coach(we almost got kicked out of the arena but I think I got my points across )
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
schyza
High School Starter

Default Re: What is the craziest/funniest thing you have done for the love of your team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I was at last years San Diego pre-season game, and I was yelling at the ref the entire game for every call they made, it was crazy. It might not be dangerous or risky but It was fun and I felt like a coach(we almost got kicked out of the arena but I think I got my points across )

Way to show passion I had a game like that. It was the game Raja close lined Kobe. I was sitting 4th row behind the Suns bench and was screaming all kinds of obstinacies at him and the refs. I thought I was going to get the boot from the best seats I had ever acquired thank god I didn’t.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

during the 2001 playoffs i was in malaysia, the laker games were being shown on ESPN international, problem is it's shown at 9am in the morning there and the only place that had the feed was a nightclub in the bukit bintang warison hotel... i ended up paying the manager 50 dollars US (per game) to open the bar and let me watch...i ended up watching 4 of the games against the kings with the manger, his 3 kids and two vietnamese ladies that sang early 70's pop tunes in the club in the evening...lol i may have had the best time of my life watching those games with those people...i actually still e-mail the son of the manager and talk F1 racing with him all the time
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza

Way to show passion I had a game like that. It was the game Raja close lined Kobe. I was sitting 4th row behind the Suns bench and was screaming all kinds of obstinacies at him and the refs. I thought I was going to get the boot from the best seats I had ever acquired thank god I didn’t.

You were at that game? I would have rushed the court and started a fight. JK/LOL. No but seriously, anytime I go to a game no matter where I sit I just scream and yell for the Lakers and if I have to put the ref in there place I will .

Last edited by Cool : 04-24-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Several years ago I was so upset at a playoff game, that my wife took my kid and left the house. I was cursing loud and really pissed off. Not something to be proud of, but I did represent!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Several years ago I was so upset at a playoff game, that my wife took my kid and left the house. I was cursing loud and really pissed off. Not something to be proud of, but I did represent!

haha my wife will look at me and ask if i'd like something from the kitchen... being chinese she thinks she can fix even a bad lakers game with food... actually it usually works i must admit...lol
Old 04-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha my wife will look at me and ask if i'd like something from the kitchen... being chinese she thinks she can fix even a bad lakers game with food... actually it usually works i must admit...lol

Some good food any day will get your mind off something that is bothering you.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Some good food any day will get your mind off something that is bothering you.
lol your not chinese... but you think like one...haha
Old 04-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #10
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lol your not chinese... but you think like one...haha

I know what I am talking about because what I have been eating as of late, and also tonight I will have a great meal, I will tell you all later what I am having. When it gets here.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

Okay everyone... Laker games at GTS's house!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #12
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

I would come but Socal I got food coming, and I will tell you later what food it is, I know you will love tonights meal.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:

haha my wife would be in 7th heaven feeding a small army, you should see our house around chinese new year, the food prep starts 3 days before and it's literally 3 days of eat eat eat, then we go to some of her friends house and eat some more then they come to our house and we eat some more, then we got to oh hell you get the idea...lol
Old 04-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #14
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha my wife would be in 7th heaven feeding a small army, you should see our house around chinese new year, the food prep starts 3 days before and it's literally 3 days of eat eat eat, then we go to some of her friends house and eat some more then they come to our house and we eat some more, then we got to oh hell you get the idea...lol

Can she teach/convince my wife to cook? Or, at least show my wife Cool's menu of foods to order from! HAHA

Old 04-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #15
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Can she teach/convince my wife to cook? Or, at least show my wife Cool's menu of foods to order from! HAHA

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: