Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-25-2007, 02:19 AM   #1
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default What We Need To Do.....

...From here on out we need to turn this series into a physical series, we need to shut down the paint and make hard fouls, not hurt players or try to hurt them or anything like that. Just bully them around and show them we aint gonna just let you have your way. All I am saying is just put everything on the line and play with your heart and mind. And turn this into a grind it out series because the Suns cant handle that, they run and gun and just keep everything going. And if you slow it down and make it physical then you have a good chance to do some things.

We need to slow it down and we need to get them to play our game. We cant try to run and gun with them because then we will lose. Also with a team like the Suns they can run and gun but at times there are not gonna keep it at a fast pace every second and when they slow down for one second, we need to attack and get on a big spurt.

Sorry guys some of these things might be obvious and some of you might not think we have a chance in hell. But if we do most of the things I listed, I feel we might could this a series. But I believe we have a chance but not a great one. I aint gonna start with that keep the faith and hope, sh*t, yes we should keep the faith always but as of now imo we need a miracle or we just need to do exactly what I said. Yes I have faith and I hope we still can win this series, I will admit that and I am trying to stay optmistic but there not giving me a lot to work with.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What We Need To Do.....

I'm no quitter but this series seems over to me.

The Lakers had to compensate for their lack of talent with perfect tactics, execution, effort and hustle.

Now, I just don't think they have that mental edge and knowing how they're not a strong team mentally, I don't really see a turnaround.

This is a high or low type of a team. They're all about confidence. Currently they have none. Should be easy for the Suns to close it out.

Last edited by Liberalo : 04-25-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 AM   #3
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo

The Lakers had to compensate for their lack of talent with perfect tactics, execution and hustle.

Now, I just don't think they have that mental edge and knowing how they're not a strong team mentally, I don't really see a turnaround.

This is a high or low type of a team. They're all about confidence. Currently they have none. Should be easy for the Suns to close it out.

I understand your feelings and I am pretty sure every Laker fan feels the same, but I feel coming home to staples COULD help us out.

Quote:
Also listen to what Kobe said here, "There were questions of the Lakers' mind-set, and whether there was enough confidence in their locker room to come back for Game 3"

"There should be," Bryant said. "Better be.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

It just seemed like a weird comment, I dont know it felt like he doesnt feel to great about this.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:57 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this laker team is mediocre
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
this laker team is mediocre

Which has been my contention all season with respect to Kupchak's ability to create an elite team.

He gets a "C" for mediocrity, as thats the best he will ever be.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
osyat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

osyat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo

The Lakers had to compensate for their lack of talent with perfect tactics, execution, effort and hustle.

Thank you for summing up my thoughts.

Let's just all look forward to a nice offseason,guys. Let's just look at the bigger picture here. Playoffs don't mean **** to us coz we wouldn't even be able to win the championship,which is the main goal, even if we won a series or two.
osyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by osyat
Thank you for summing up my thoughts.

Let's just all look forward to a nice offseason,guys. Let's just look at the bigger picture here. Playoffs don't mean **** to us coz we wouldn't even be able to win the championship,which is the main goal, even if we won a series or two.

My concern about the off-season is that nothing significant will happen and that Laker management will again try to sell us on the fact that we are one step away from being "elite" which we all know is a bunch of BS!

I almost dread the off-season... similar to how we felt when the Lakers did no deal at the trading deadline this season.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
playamade_meskin
I airball my layups

playamade_meskin has an OK reputation so far

yea i know it sucks guys but come on this was a terrible year for us and none of these players are good enough or old enough to get through the adversity yet.

I can't believe Lamar odem could even play the year with whats happened in his life its gotta be hard on him metally not to mention all his injuries. He's really the key here to it all. Without him doing well then that just makes it that much harder for us to win and its not really his fault.

Walton got hurt and really hasnt been the same ever since.

Kwame been hurt for a min and is being a P***Y. I'm sorry but i like the dude and still think he can be great but sometime you jus gotta man up. He also seems like he gets down on himself right away and stops playin.

dont even get me started on smush

This team, once they get down it seems like they just quit. They were one of the top teams at the begining of the year but once they started losing some they all jus gave up. not a good sign. I'm still hoping phil can turn them around to at least give us a good series and something to hope for. im just glad he's our coach
playamade_meskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

from what I saw in the interview

this series will not make it to game 6
and hope for that I am wrong

they simply just don't play as a team
and they KNOW they have no chance
only they aren't playing like the warriors thinking since they have no chance there's no pressure
we're playing like a bunch of losers.....
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #10
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
from what I saw in the interview

this series will not make it to game 6
and hope for that I am wrong

they simply just don't play as a team
and they KNOW they have no chance
only they aren't playing like the warriors thinking since they have no chance there's no pressure
we're playing like a bunch of losers.....

What interview are you talking about? Do you have a link?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Which has been my contention all season with respect to Kupchak's ability to create an elite team.

He gets a "C" for mediocrity, as thats the best he will ever be.

What pisses me off is the management gambles on Kwame Brown and Vlad Rad but then we never ever ever gamble on stars.

Holy fukcing ****, It isnt even supposed to be called gambling on stars. A star plays well everywhere he goes. We passed up on Kidd, Artest, I dont even wanna go through the list anymore. Then he gambles on the worst player of every draft class hoping for someone to say mitch got a steal.

Quote:
My concern about the off-season is that nothing significant will happen and that Laker management will again try to sell us on the fact that we are one step away from being "elite" which we all know is a bunch of BS!

I almost dread the off-season... similar to how we felt when the Lakers did no deal at the trading deadline this season.

That's exactly my view as well. If we do get Garnett or O'Neal and both that star and Kobe sit...who else is going to ocme in and fill the void? they suckkk...We need some guys that can step it up to play as role players for us.

you can't expect fukcing Brian Cook to come in and fill the void for Garnett or O'Neal.

here is another thing to consider...If we're one player away....where the fukc is he??? I don't see us getting that one guy.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

some very different opinions here than that from early season.
I remembers folks saying 50+ wins, no problem. #4 seed, no problem. maybe we can win it all.

I wonder how things would have been if they were healthy all season and were therefore able to gell as a team. Championship contenders? no way. But certainly competitive.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #13
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I remembers folks saying 50+ wins, no problem. #4 seed, no problem. maybe we can win it all.

I wonder how things would have been if they were healthy all season and were therefore able to gell as a team. Championship contenders? no way. But certainly competitive.

Yea but like I said when we were still 26-13...the team is fragile. We coulda got around 50 wins like everyone expected had we stayed healthy but the team is weak minded and always will be. What had us going was our insane chemistry and playing for each other. Everything was going perfect and thus we had a respectable record.

Once adversity hit us, team fell apart. That isn't a team built for the postseason. A team must be able to take a hit and bounce back..thats how teams win.

Injuries exposed this team.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:50 AM   #14
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
What interview are you talking about? Do you have a link?
it was the TNT,
the one with Lamar, and read all the other great finds that Cool and others got
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 AM   #15
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple

The injuries killed you guys. Plus, not having a management team able to swing a deal for some help for Kobe. I should not say management, because I have no idea who runs the Lakers. But it is plain to see that you guys have to get Kobe some help. It is Kobe vs the Suns right now. Kobe needs some help out there.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: