Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default How to get Oneal...

As a kings fan, I'm relegated to either figuring out how to imrpove teams in the offseason, or watching the Lakers fail miserably against the suns. While I'd like to see Jermaine end up in sac, here's a way LA might be able to grab him:

LA sends: Odom, Brown, Evans, Turiaf (+ maybe future picks)

Indy sends: Oneal, Daniels

Why would Indy take this deal: because Evans, Turiaf, and Brown will be in their last year in their deals next season, which is attractive to other teams that Indy might be able to package together with some of their players. Even if they don't unload them, they still get some size for a year and cap relief after that.

LA gets Daniels, who we know what he can do because of his maverick days, and Oneal doesn't even need explanation. He wants to move, and Indy needs to make changes.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people
Default Re: How to get Oneal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
As a kings fan, I'm relegated to either figuring out how to imrpove teams in the offseason, or watching the Lakers fail miserably against the suns. While I'd like to see Jermaine end up in sac, here's a way LA might be able to grab him:

Why would Indy take this deal: because Evans, Turiaf, and Brown will be in their last year in their deals next season, which is attractive to other teams that Indy might be able to package together with some of their players. Even if they don't unload them, they still get some size for a year and cap relief after that.

LA gets Daniels, who we know what he can do because of his maverick days, and Oneal doesn't even need explanation. He wants to move, and Indy needs to make changes.

I hope Turiaf doesn't go anywhere. I want Turiaf and KB, thats all i really care about.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterb
I hope Turiaf doesn't go anywhere. I want Turiaf and KB, thats all i really care about.

This is the problem with the Lakers: you want to keep Turiaf instead of getting Oneal? C'mon, you guys are going nowhere, and you need to make changes. Oneal can vastly improve your team. It's almost as bad as refusing to trade Bynum for Gasol.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I'd like to keep Turiaf, every championship team needs a guy like him but if hes really a deal breaker then goodbye Turiaf.

Unfortunately, I doubt Indy would do it..they will want Bynum thats for sure. Unless JO demands Lakers and Indy decides to grant him his wish...Indy will hold all the leverage in trade talks

And as a Laker fan, Id send Bynum in order to get JO. But I dont think dumbass jim buss would agree to it
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #5
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
This is the problem with the Lakers: you want to keep Turiaf instead of getting Oneal? C'mon, you guys are going nowhere, and you need to make changes. Oneal can vastly improve your team. It's almost as bad as refusing to trade Bynum for Gasol.

And what part of only keeping KB and Turiaf sounds like changes aren't in order? I didn't say keep Bynum or Farmar did i? I don't want to lose them either. However, I do understand the importance of a 'give to get' attitude. We have better trade bait then Turiaf.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

L.A. could get O'Neal without giving up Turiaf. All they would have to do is part with L.O. (with throw ins - possibly Kwame) and agree to take back Tinsley and it will get done. I think it's a 75% chance O'Neal gets to L.A. Bynum could stay (unless Indy REALLY pushes it, but they already have Granger, Foster and a few other candidates).

So, the lineup would like similar to this:

Farmar
Bryant
Walton - He will stay because of the system
O'Neal
Bynum - or Turiaf
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When are you all gonna realize all Bird wants is Bynum.

they SHOULD take any deal with the word Bynum in it.

here is my offer for O'Neal only:

Andrew Bynum 2 mill
Kwame Brown 9 mill
Vladimir Radmanovic 5.5 mill
2nd rounder

for

O'Neal 18 mill

that should do it. Bird loves a good dominant center, and a european shooter.

And Kwame's contract expires giving them another shot at signing another big shot.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

I'd much rather do a
Odom, Evans, Bynum + picks
or
Odom, Evans, Bynum, Turiaf
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

that works for me...except I don't really want Daniels.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: