Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default A Deal That Will Please Every Laker Fan(I think)

New Jersey Nets:

Incoming Players:

Andrew Bynum
Salary: $2,030,280 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 7.8 REB: 5.9 AST: 1.1 PER: 15.44

Vladimir Radmanovic
Salary: $5,215,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 6.6 REB: 3.3 AST: 1.2 PER: 11.02

Brian Cook
Salary: $1,817,141 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 6.9 REB: 3.3 AST: 1.0 PER: 14.83

Kwame Brown
Salary: $8,287,500 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 8.4 REB: 6.0 AST: 1.8 PER: 13.79

Lamar Odom
Salary: $12,348,596 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 15.9 REB: 9.8 AST: 4.8 PER: 16.20

For

Los Angeles Lakers:

Incoming Players:

Nenad Krstic
Salary: $1,080,480 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 16.4 REB: 6.8 AST: 1.8 PER: 16.97

Richard Jefferson
Salary: $11,200,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 16.3 REB: 4.4 AST: 2.7 PER: 13.88

Jason Kidd
Salary: $18,084,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 13.0 REB: 8.2 AST: 9.2 PER: 19.47

It might not sound realistic but if thise trade happend imo we would be one of the best in the league.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Deal That Will Please Every Laker Fan(I think)

not realistic. That would leave NJ with Kobe-lite (Vince) and our non-performing players. Basically a swap of teams. If/when NJ makes trades, they are either gonna rebuild (trade Vince & Kidd) or, alternatively, add a piece here or there.
They have a good team right now. All they need is a serviceable center to contend for the East. They should resign Vince and pick up Magloire.

Vince
Kidd
RJeff
Krstic
Magloire
and then their bench is pretty decent too.

How about Bynum & Turiaf & pick for Krstic and Marcus Williams

I doubt they would go for that...they love Krstic.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
not realistic. That would leave NJ with Kobe-lite (Vince) and our non-performing players. Basically a swap of teams. If/when NJ makes trades, they are either gonna rebuild (trade Vince & Kidd) or, alternatively, add a piece here or there.
They have a good team right now. All they need is a serviceable center to contend for the East. They should resign Vince and pick up Magloire.

Vince
Kidd
RJeff
Krstic
Magloire
and then their bench is pretty decent too.

How about Bynum & Turiaf & pick for Krstic and Marcus Williams

I doubt they would go for that...they love Krstic.

I know, I just added Kristic for money, and also if we take away a player from both sides this is a good deal, so we would get Jefferson and Kidd, I think that would be great for us.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

If this happened
the Nets GM should be fired within the next 12 hrs of its transaction

and thank god you made this thread in the Lakers forum and not the main forum
we are over valuing our player, just because we pay them a lot
doesn't mean they actually worth that money, it just means that Mitch sucks
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Damn, I should be the Nets GM if something like this would ever happen. BTW, Krstic is more then just a salary filler :).
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Damn, I should be the Nets GM if something like this would ever happen. BTW, Krstic is more then just a salary filler :).

Guys I know its not a great trade and one of the best deals, and I knwo Kristic is a great player, but if we give up Bynum I think we COULD do this trade, because thats why we never got kidd in the first place. So just call Rod Thorn back and tell him Bynum and more will be in a deal for Kidd and Jefferson or Mikkie more or somthing.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Nets would never ever do it. And Lakers are better off trading Bynum/Odom for a star big man. Im not really feeling it for the Lakers either. We'd be a stronger version of the Nets.

Id rather have something like:

Kobe
Walton
Garnett

as my trio
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Nets would never ever do it. And Lakers are better off trading Bynum/Odom for a star big man. Im not really feeling it for the Lakers either. We'd be a stronger version of the Nets.

Id rather have something like:

Kobe
Walton
Garnett

as my trio

I do see what your saying, and thats the first thing that came to mind would I trade for a PG or PF, I personally would have traded for PF cause thats our need, and also if Farmar can work hard this summer and be a consistent PG, I feel he could be a good PG for us and just get a veteran PG for a backup and we are good to go. What do you think?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #9
MagicToWorthy
Kids at the park dunk on me

MagicToWorthy has an OK reputation so far

Honestly going for Garnett and finding a way to get a VETERAN point guard would be my #1 approach.

#2- (If Garnett wants to be a career "loser" and stays with Minny) then I'd see about going after WEBBER and CHAUNCEY.

#3- Last Resort. Jermaine O'neil. To me he's too injury prone and would be a good fit, but just what we dont need is Lamar's replacement doing what Lamar did this season (sit on the bench due to injury).
MagicToWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #10
osyat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

osyat has an OK reputation so far

Ok, fellow LAkers fans, here's the truth: WE WILL NEVER EVER SEE KEVIN GARNETT DON THE PURPLE AND GOLD UNI ALONG WITH KOBE BRYANT.

There's no stupid GM who will actually send a supertar player from the WESTERN CONFERENCE to another WESTERN CONFERENCE TEAM.

geeez...it's just logical.

Please stop the Garnett talks already. We ain't getting him. NOt today, not tomorrow, not ever!

You see, I was drowned in that idea a couple of years ago and then after some hoping and praying, I was finally enlightened that this will never happen...

*I stand corrected, it can still happen and that is if KG decides to opt after next season. But don't put your money on that. He'll be shipped to the east before he can make that decision.

the guy above me, are you crazy? Chauncey Billups? Do you think we have a chance of getting a guy like him with what we have or rather what we don't have? Sheesh...y'know, the only sane person I've seen posting in this board so far is soccer10. dang...

and to Cool, man, we are not talking fantasy b-ball here,are we? Where did you get that idea? from NBA Live or something.

****sorry guys, don't really mean to bash/flame anyone. I'm just off the edge right now coz I'm pissed at the Lakers and I'm channeling it through my posts. I'll be back in calm mode the next time I log in.
osyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
MagicToWorthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by osyat
Ok, fellow LAkers fans, here's the truth: WE WILL NEVER EVER SEE KEVIN GARNETT DON THE PURPLE AND GOLD UNI ALONG WITH KOBE BRYANT.

There's no stupid GM who will actually send a supertar player from the WESTERN CONFERENCE to another WESTERN CONFERENCE TEAM.

geeez...it's just logical.

Please stop the Garnett talks already. We ain't getting him. NOt today, not tomorrow, not ever!

You see, I was drowned in that idea a couple of years ago and then after some hoping and praying, I was finally enlightened that this will never happen...

*I stand corrected, it can still happen and that is if KG decides to opt after next season. But don't put your money on that. He'll be shipped to the east before he can make that decision.

the guy above me, are you crazy? Chauncey Billups? Do you think we have a chance of getting a guy like him with what we have or rather what we don't have? Sheesh...y'know, the only sane person I've seen posting in this board so far is soccer10. dang...

and to Cool, man, we are not talking fantasy b-ball here,are we? Where did you get that idea? from NBA Live or something.

****sorry guys, don't really mean to bash/flame anyone. I'm just off the edge right now coz I'm pissed at the Lakers and I'm channeling it through my posts. I'll be back in calm mode the next time I log in.

(yawn):rollingeyes:

Speaking of morons, this guy ^ is definitely a moron. Not only does he not have his facts straight (Chauncey is a free agent, say with me now F-r-e-e A-g-e-n-t) but he's posted 6 times!!!

Please, post a little more here on the Lakers message board before you 1)start "trying" to call people out, and 2) Using your opinion and lack of information on players to justify situations that may or MAY NOT occur in the offseason.

KG is a viable option, the season ticket holders have spoken to kupcake and he has a home in Malibu. That is what the kids like to call....A Lead. We have a lead on KG. Why? Well, KG led the league in Rebounding this year. What pairs well with great rebounding (thats a rhetorical question buddy)? Great scoring of course. Who is a great scorer....hmmmm? Oh yeah, Kobe Bryant just achieved Scoring Champ for the second year in a row. Ok. I don't need to get into more dynamics at this point because it would be a long article stating facts and issuing examples based on players' ages, their goals, and a little thing called wanting "glory" and "A Championship". Garnett at this point, knows he's not going to get it in Minnesota, yet he knows his first choice ISN'T to leave though. Tough decision. Which would you take Cpt. 6 Posts? I imagine if you were in his shoes you'd probably find a way to help out the Wolves while helping yourself to a BETTER situation. KG only has maybe 6 years left, and thats not considering injuries that can shorten that.

If KG DOESN'T come to the Lakers, he'll finish as a nice player, HOF player no doubt, but he'll always be in the Waiting Room with Pat Ewing, Chaz Barkley, Reggie Miller, Karl Malone and John Stockton. Sad, but true. I wish it were easier for such a likeable guy as KG.

And Finally, I'll leave you all with a little image i like to call "Lakers Pre-Season Media Day Photo Session 10/1/07)

Last edited by MagicToWorthy : 04-26-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicToWorthy
Honestly going for Garnett and finding a way to get a VETERAN point guard would be my #1 approach.

#2- (If Garnett wants to be a career "loser" and stays with Minny) then I'd see about going after WEBBER and CHAUNCEY.

#3- Last Resort. Jermaine O'neil. To me he's too injury prone and would be a good fit, but just what we dont need is Lamar's replacement doing what Lamar did this season (sit on the bench due to injury).

KG is out of the question as of now. No idiot would trade their superstar to their own conference although mchale has shown to be dumb but i dont think any gm is that dumb. Why do you think we unloaded shaq in the east. We got offers from the west but you dont want to have to face them in the playoffs. If he does opt out is our only chance of getting him and we are going to have to free up some cap of buss better take the luxury tax. CHancey is probably even less realistic than landing KG.

No way dumars is going to let him walk and pistons can offer him the biggest contract. YOu dont let leadershihp and skill like that walk for nothing. I see webber staying with the pistons, he has exceled in their style of ball and it is his hometown.

JO is probably the most reasonable big name player we can land. He is in the east and pacers are ready to unload him. I think he would provide an inside presence that we have desperatly missed since shaqs departure. Hes no shaq but he does provide and offensive threat inside the paint as well as defensive. He is injure prone but i do believe this laker squad needs to shake things up drastically because we are not going to win with this nucleus of players. Even if all our players were healthy this season, lets face it, we still were not good enough to be an elite squad in the rankings of dallas, spurs, suns. Major changes need to be done this off season
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #13
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
KG is out of the question as of now. No idiot would trade their superstar to their own conference although mchale has shown to be dumb but i dont think any gm is that dumb. Why do you think we unloaded shaq in the east. We got offers from the west but you dont want to have to face them in the playoffs. If he does opt out is our only chance of getting him and we are going to have to free up some cap of buss better take the luxury tax. CHancey is probably even less realistic than landing KG.

Then why dallas traded nash to the suns ?
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #14
MagicToWorthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas

Regarding the Shaq trade, its widely known that Shaq only had the Mavericks and the Heat on his "Short List". The Mavericks wouldn't give up Dirk and there wasn't much else on that team that would have worked "trade wise". The Mavs knew the Lakers were in a 'bind' with Shaq because of the negative publicity between Shaq and Kobe and so they as well as anyone else had LEVERAGE during any trade negotiations with the Lakers. That is something that led to the Miami trade where the Lakers GOT BRIAN GRANT (Brian Grant = Doodie). LEVERAGE is what led to the lopsided trade for Shaq, and it is leverage that will lead to KG going elsewhere.
-----------------------------------------------------
If anything happens regarding KG it will probably be a Sign & Trade. You heard it here 1st!!!! Why do I believe that you may ask? Simple. KG wants to win. KG wants to do well by Minnesota. KG signs a "reasonable" extension with the Wolves. The Lakers then send Odom, Kwame, Cook and a 1st & 2nd Rounder (from various years) to the Wolves in exchange for KG and Troy Hudson. Again, why would that trade happen you ask? Logically speaking of course, KG probably has no shot in Minny to win Anything Remotely Worthwhile. History has shown that even WITH a good team he hasn't even made it to the Finals.

KG may also say to Mchale, "Find a way to trade me to the Lakers and get something for me in return." Mchale will say, "No". Garnett says "Fine, but I will veto any trade you try to work out otherwise and I will opt out next summer ('08)." Mchale is stuck between a rock and a hard place and finds a way to trade KG to the Lakers, BUT the Lakers have to take 1 or 2 crappy players off of their hands as well (im thinking Hudson, Jaric, Hassell, Madsen...again). This will not only leave Mchale a balanced roster of players that the Lakers did in fact like though weren't Chemistry players, he can announce that they are in "rebuilding" mode and can get players through the draft while still fielding a pretty entertaining team. The Wolves then can concentrate on developing McCants and Foye, as well as whomever they get in the lottery THIS year. The Wolves would not be left out in the cold either with a roster that has Foye, McCants, Ricky Davis, Odom, Kwame Brown, Mark Blount, Mike James, Craig Smith and Brian Cook. Nothing wrong with that team. They would still be better than The Bucks, Kings, Sonics, and Hornets (mid level teams).

Its time to WAKE UP Minny Fans and realize that there needs to be a little more wiggle room coming from you guys especially. Open up to the notion that your KG Era is now done. You tried, it was fun, but its time to move on.

P.S. Tell me this...You dont think 1) KG's agent wants him to go to LA either? 2) You don't think Gatorade wants him to go to LA either? 3) You don't think Adidas is drooling at the idea that he might go to LA either? 4) You don't think KG's agent wants his Charismatic player to go to LA where players of his caliber continue there careers in media/broadcasting/etc. after their playing days are over? 5) You don't think the drive from Malibu, CA on Hwy 1 past Santa Monica beach and onto the 10 Fwy to Staples is an easy drive to work everyday? (Because KG has a home in Malibu). 6) You don't think that being able to go out on your day off during the season (December thru March) for Lunch, relaxation on the patio or just a mild workout in the sun is a NICE CHANGE of PACE from the FRIGID 1000 lakes area?
Just let all of that sit in when you're considering KG...NOT Coming to LA and let me know how hard it would be for you or anyone else faced with those AISLES OF SMILES!!!!:

Last edited by MagicToWorthy : 04-26-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #15
MagicToWorthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)
Then why dallas traded nash to the suns ?

Didnt Nash go as a Free agent though ? But, if you're right, GOOD POINT!!! KG to LA in '07 Baby BABAY!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: