Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 04-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default 3 Way Trade?

Quote:
Kings
give:Brad Miller, Mike Bibby, Ron Artest
get: Lamar Odom, Darko Milicic. Turiaf

Lakers
give: Lamar Odom, Ronny Turiaf,
get: Jameer Nelson, Ron Artest

Magic
give: Darko Milicic, Jameer Nelson
get: Mike Bibby, Brad Miller

Kings:
=Get rid of guys with long contracts
=Get rid of a head case
=Can start rebuilding

Lakers:
=Find some more scorers
=Get a defender who can lock down stars
=Get an actual PG

Magic:
=BM fits nicely next to Dwight with his outside shooting
=Bibby>Jameer. Jameer doesn't even fit in well in Orlando

Do the Magic do it? Jameer doesn't seem like a good long term pg in Orlando. They need a more reliable guy who knows how to feed his big men and is a good 3 point shooter. Bibby provides that. Darko has a hard time getting minutes in Orlando and he's going to ask for a lot of money this season. So why not let him go and pick up a guy like BM who would complement Dwight so well. Dwight is a power player type, so a finesse big man who could step out and take a shot and also be a great passer would work well. Any of Brad's defensive lapses would cleaned up by Dwight.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
JMEWLS

Default Re: 3 Way Trade?

I would be intrigued to take this trade.

But we are losing a lot of potential.

Mike Bibby's definitely an upgrade at PG, and Brad Miller would be great starting along side Dwight.

I'd still much rather a PG that passes more then he shoots, im not saying Mike Bibbys doesn't because i haven't seen im play many times this season. But judging by the stats, it looks like he shoots more then he passes.

I would love to get Brad Miller, one of the best passing big men in the league. Can feed out of double teams, rebound and would be great along side Dwight.

I'm topsy turvy about this trade, its looks pretty nice. But whether ortis will do it? Thats another question.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

That trade is good for everyone expect the Magic. The Magic are trading away their 2nd and 3rd best young players for two older guys who are on the decline, and have decently big contracts. In a few years when Jameer Nelson, Dwight Howard, and Darko Millicic are all in their primes, the team will be contending for a title. But in a few years also, Brad Miller and Mike Bibby will be crap with big contracts.

Lakers and Kings get good deals, but Orlando gets raped of its youth.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
I would love to get Brad Miller, one of the best passing big men in the league. Can feed out of double teams, rebound and would be great along side Dwight.

I'm topsy turvy about this trade, its looks pretty nice. But whether ortis will do it? Thats another question.

Brad Miller has lost that x-factor he's had. His numbers are down significantly across the board, and just isn't played like the Brad Miller of old.

Orlando would be losing a ton of potential in this trade and we don't even know how good we could be with Mike Bibby. He's only a rich-mans Jameer Nelson anyway.

I wouldn't do this trade, especially the way Darko played in the playoffs against Detroit, I would be praying he has more games like these, and would wait a couple more years before giving up on him.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: