Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
Wizardly Cool

Default Street Fighter - Who's Your Daddy?!

How many times have we seen the tiresome "favorite album" or "petition to ban GOBB" threads, huh? Too many to count, right? We don't have to worry about my topic here coming up again, because quite frankly, it sucks. Having said that, let's talk about it!

What's the first thing you think of when you hear Street Fighter? Is it's Ryu's fireball, or Ken's dragon-punch? Perhaps it's Guile's sonic-boom or Chun Li's funny dance after she wins a match. Whatever it is, there's no doubt it's sure to jog some blissful memories.

Unless some of you guys are incredibly young, most of us have played Street Fighter at one time or another. Some of us (like myself) have played this game almost religiously. I was never big at the arcade scene, but I had the Super Nintendo version and boy I tell you what, I was a force to be reckoned with! I would beat my little brother up like he done stole somethin'!

As the years passed, I ultimately stopped playing once I got my Nintendo 64 -I never played anything past Street Fighter 2. Maybe some of you have. I have an XBOX-360, and recently, I came across Street Fighter 2 on XBOX-Live Arcade, so I almost sh*t my pants! I had to have it. I was itching to prove my skills in the live-community. My first match, I picked Honda, my opponent picked Ryu (that cheap mutha fu*ka!), and I OWNED HIM! Jesus man, I used my sumo headbutt, sumo grab and finished this kid with my hundred-hand-slap! He was there lying on the ground after he was a victim to my hundred-hand-slap, and I was like "talk to the hand chump, talk to the hand!"

I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then I played someone else. This time, I wanted to show off my badass Sagat. He picked Honda (that cheap mutha fu*ka). I warned the guy before we played that I ruled the sky with my tiger uppercut and not to jump at me. I told him I was going to rain my tiger knee in his sumo face over and over again. He just slightly laughed. The match began and before I could even pull off a single move I was dead! Second round, he used that hundred-hand-slap crap and I was dead within seconds. To say the least, I was pretty upset.

I came to find out, I was garbage when being compared to the nation level of competition. I was one getting OWNED left and right. There's the occasional wins, but most of the time I get my ass handed to me. I'm wondering if any of you have Street Fighter on XBOX arcade? If so, let me know. If you have a 360, buy this game so I can rape you at it! I feel the need to practice my tiger uppercut on some scrubs!

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: