Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Default Mission Accomplished according to Dubbyah.

Is it really? One year after and no troop pullout and vetoing bills that have timetables. Can he still have the stones to call a a Mission Accomplished?
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Mission Accomplished according to Dubbyah.

Accomplished?

hardly

settle for Mission Complete
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I'm watching him right now addressing the press as to why he vetoed the bill passed to him by Congress. A lot of hot air and excuses. I think he likes to kill americans over there. More than 100 troops killed in April. If that is not a clear sign that they don't want the USA their anymore I don't know what is. This is something that the Iraqi's have to work out themselves. We've done as much as we can. The US took down their dictator and have taught so much about democracy, why stay? These people are animals and always will be.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

More like where have the stones of the American public gone? This whole government was founded so that the citizens can have a say, that their voices be heard so that dictators and oppressive leaders wouldn't exist (remember the whole revolutionary war thingy). The whole system was set up so that couldn't happen, but now we live in a society with 'untouchable' leaders, and a government that isn't by the people, for the people. The American public doesn't do anything about it. It seems every few hundred years, peole wake up, a revolution happens, they are content with their changes, and fall back asleep. Well, while people didn't pay attnetion, a corrupt governemtn formed, lead by the wealthy and powerful who look after their own selfish interests in a big disaster. Dub and many others should be executed for treason.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I don't know anyone, republicans or democrats, who agree that this nonsense should continue
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

the official reason is that the US is mired in a Catch22 because if things collapse again and fall into disarray, the US will be criticized for leaving too soon.

yet the US is crucified right now for staying too long.

the only "safe" way to do this is to get a change of power in the White House then have the Democrats withdraw troops.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
More like where have the stones of the American public gone? This whole government was founded so that the citizens can have a say, that their voices be heard so that dictators and oppressive leaders wouldn't exist (remember the whole revolutionary war thingy). The whole system was set up so that couldn't happen, but now we live in a society with 'untouchable' leaders, and a government that isn't by the people, for the people. The American public doesn't do anything about it. It seems every few hundred years, peole wake up, a revolution happens, they are content with their changes, and fall back asleep. Well, while people didn't pay attnetion, a corrupt governemtn formed, lead by the wealthy and powerful who look after their own selfish interests in a big disaster. Dub and many others should be executed for treason.

For treason and for war crimes. Bush has the blood of many on his hands because of this nonsensical war. If it can be called a war. The enemy over there has many faces. It sucks to fight for people who don't want you to fight for them. How many more troops have to die?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
For treason and for war crimes. Bush has the blood of many on his hands because of this nonsensical war. If it can be called a war. The enemy over there has many faces. It sucks to fight for people who don't want you to fight for them. How many more troops have to die?
It's not just the war. How about outing a CIA member who was tracking loose nukes in the world? What if because those morons outed her identity (intentionally) as an undercover agent, (just because her husband called them out on the plutonium-in-Africa-for-Saddam thing was false), a loose nuke was obtained and used against the US? What about lies and cover ups? If you remove the Iraq war form the situation, there's enough evidence to try many people in that corrupt administration with treason.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

House Speaker Nancy Pelossi will also address the press on tv. She'll respond to the President vetoing the bill passed by Congress. This ought to get really good in a hurry.

I think that a way to get the military presence out of Iraq is by using democracy in a Referendum. The Iraqi people are given the choice of keeping the troops or kicking them out. Whatever result the people of Iraq give through voting is what the US should respect and follow. I mean, we are trying to implement a DEMOCRACY, right? What better and more democratic way than that? The World couldn't and shouldn't hold the US against whatever happens after the pullout because it was the people of Iraq's choice.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Things collapse? I dunno how it could really get much worse. Fact: we won't fix it by staying. The overwhelming majority of Iraqis, Sunni AND *****e, want us gone. I think the only people that want us there are the Kurds. The Kurds are also starting to get in some of the in-fighting going on Iraq.

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall hearing the following things:

- Turkey would invade if the Kurds started getting out of hand
- Saudi Arabia would invade if the *****es started getting too much of an upperhand on the Sunnis
- Likely, this would cause a huge insurgency of Iranian-backed *****e militiamen.

You have to look at it as knowing when it's time to move on so you can fight the next battle. Bogging down our military in an Iraqi quagmire isn't going to keep us prepared.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #11
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I don't know anyone, republicans or democrats, who agree that this nonsense should continue

I was watching Bill Mahar last week and all three guests (both rep. and dem.) agreed that we have to stay longer surprisingly enough...

right now a car bomb might kill 30 or so civilians every day...

the second we pull out you are going to see that number go from 30 a day to 30,000...it will be a complete and total blood bath of civil war...not good

the question now is...should we just admitt that we failed to create a government there and let them kill themselves?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:27 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

personally, I am looking more and more favorably toward the Democrat platform on international issues...

all the anti left talk I spewed was mainly about the social domestic matters...

for the war, I am actually very anti-war and anti Bush on this.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
You have to look at it as knowing when it's time to move on so you can fight the next battle. Bogging down our military in an Iraqi quagmire isn't going to keep us prepared.

So true.

I bet the President would win another election if he had the chance to run again. How the hell did he win the second time?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #14
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
So true.

I bet the President would win another election if he had the chance to run again. How the hell did he win the second time?

there is actually some kind of law/bill that states that a president can serve a third term if he is in the middle of a war....I wonder if Bush will try to take advantage of that...
Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #15
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
there is actually some kind of law/bill that states that a president can serve a third term if he is in the middle of a war....I wonder if Bush will try to take advantage of that...

That would really suck.

Regardless of who wins for the Democrats in the Primary's everyone please vote Democrat. This is BS.

Pelossi just spoke and said that: "The President wants a blank check handed to him." "He won't get it."

How many votes did Congress need to avoid the bill being vetoed by the President? I know it's a certain amount and that they missed by a couple. Anybody know?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: