Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #1
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.
Default OT-Just Blew Two Jensen Crappy Subs.. Whats Next

so, i need to figure out what kind of subs to purchase next..

- mtx
- alpine
- kicker
- sony
- rockford fosgate

i prefer kicker, because of some square sub i heard the other day, it was amazing.. i dont know the exact name of the sub, but it POUNDS

what should i get... what kind of systems do you guys have in your cars, and what is your preference on sub woofers
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT-Just Blew Two Jensen Crappy Subs.. Whats Next

I used to have one 12" JL W7, with a JL 1000 amp, when they first were released. Its kinda expensive though, I think it was 600 for the sub and 1000for the amp, but it was worth every dollar. It shook the shyt out of my car.
IMO, JL makes the best amps and subs. Ive heard the W6's and W3's aint bad either, and they arent as expensive as the W7's. The JL components are great too if you wanna upgrade your mids and high, which is highly recommended if you get the W7, because the bass will drown out your factory tweeters, 5x7's or whatever.

I think Pioneer just released a 10" sub that can fit underneath the drivers or passengers seat, think I read it in Maxim or Stuff.

A few of my friends had Image Dynamics subs in their rides, and they loved it. Not too deep like the JL W7 but just the right enough thump.

Pick up an issue of Crutchfield magazine, they rate and review all brands of audio equipment.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: