Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

Default Blizzard Games

I grew up playing Blizzard games, and was addicted to each and every one of them, except WoW, which I've never played.

I read a "confirmed" rumor (confirmed is in quotes because it came from some Korean magazine) that Blizzard is announcing their next game soon and then showing it off in detail at their convention in August. We certainly don't need a rumor to let us know that they will make another game some day and it's been a few years since the release of their last one, so I'm beliving this one.

What game do you guys hope they will make (if you care at all)?

Options are basically: Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, or something totally new.

I haven't had a video game that I really liked in a long time, so I'm hoping they put out something fun that can get me back to my time-wasting ways.

And a different but similar question: If you ran the company, what game would you release as the best business strategy? Personally, I'd keep Diablo aside until it's ready to be World of Warcraft's successor (and the proper time to do that is when subscriptions start to taper off, or when a competitor releases a game that threatens your monopoly). They could have a game like that continually in development without announcing it, and if they get to spend 10 years working on it before they need to release it, great! They can afford that (and justify the expense).

In the meantime, I'd release SC2 or some other game in that genre. It's been 10 years since Starcraft, and maybe 5 (?) years since Warcraft 3. Certainly time to fill that void.

adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Default Re: Blizzard Games

I love Starcraft, never played Warcraft or Diablo. Starcraft:Ghost was very close to being finished, but it just never came out.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
adamcz
Bucks fan

They cancelled Ghost because they didn't think it would win game of the year. You've got to respect a company that holds themselves to that standard.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
reppy
Apparently likes anime

I'm hoping like heck it's a sequel to Starcraft.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

I was quite fond of Diablo II and its expansion pack. The accumulation of wealth by repeatedly defeating the same enemies over and over... and then dueling others was quite fun.

I hope they make D3 in the MMORPG format. that would just be great.

WoW came out when I was in the midst of college, so not much time playing that, but in my high school days I would just waste my hours away playing D2.

I am not much of a strategy guy so I do not care too much for SC or the other WCs.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

I'd be a bit dissapointed if D3 is a MMORPG (though if I ran the company, that's how I'd make it). I personally won't pay a monthly fee to play a game, so if that's the route they go, I'll never play it (just like I've never played WOW).

Diablo II was fun. I twice went through a cycle of playing it long enough to accumulate the best gear and then quit and sold it on ebay. The second time, I didn't totally quit - I kept a character that was the lowest level you could duel at (I think lvl 9?) and had him maxed out with the best possible gear that he could wear. I'd then run around killing people for 5 or 10 minutes at a time when I needed a laugh.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
bomber
Good college starter

Diablo 2 Expansion was sick. I got the urge and played it for like 10 hours total over spring break. It was more fun in like 2003-4 when it more people went on there. They cleaned it up too so thats not cool either.

I wouldn't pay monthly to play it though, and the story line wouldn't really make sense for a D3. Maybe the worldstone was perverted by the Angel Guy or something? Who knows they are pretty creative.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: