Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far
Default One hit wonders

What are some one hit wonders that you remember? The peak of my childhood was the late 80s-mid 90s, so there were plenty.

"Bust A Move" by Young MC- this song was a hit in the fall of 1989. They played this song in Dude Where's My Car.

"Electric Boogie" by Marcia Griffiths- this song was a popular dance song which came out right before Christmas 1989.

"I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls- this song came out in the late winter-early spring of 1991. The title of the song may throw you off, but it was a decent song.

"Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohn- I originally thought Bruce Hornsby did this song, but it was indeed Marc Cohn. This song came out in the late spring-early summer of 1991. I also thought this song was from the late 80s. It was more recent than I thought.

"Do Anything" by Natural Selection- this song came out in the fall of 1991. It peaked at #2 in October.

"I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred- this big party song came out in early 1992. This song reached #1 the week of Feburary 5, 1992 and was #2 each of the following 2 weeks.

"Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot- this song about asses came out in the spring of 1992. This song reached #1.

"Jump Around" by House of Pain- this song came out in the late summer-early fall of 1992.

"Supermodel" by RuPaul- this song came out in the spring of 1993. This song peaked at #30, RuPaul's only top 30 hit.

"Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex- while this song became popular at sporting events since the start of the decade, this song actually came out in the spring of 1995. It peaked at #25.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something- while this song was out in the summer of 1995, it didn't peak until early 1996. It peaked at #5 in January 1996.

"MacArena" by Los Del Rio- this song was out almost a year before it became popular. It came out in the fall of 1995, but didn't peak until the summer of 1996. It peaked at #1 in July 1996, spending 4 weeks at that spot.

"I Love You Always Forever" by Donna Lewis- this song came out in the summer of 1996 and spent 7 weeks at #2, but never hit #1. It was for the most part behind "MacArena". Had it not been for that song, this one definitely would have been #1 for at least a few weeks.

"*****" by Meredith Brooks- this song came out in the spring of 1997. It reached #2 in June.

"The Freshmen" by The Verve Pipe- this song originally came out in early 1997, but didn't peak until June. It reached #5.

"How Bizarre" by OMC- this song reached #2 in July 1997. This song would perfectly describe Dennis Rodman.

"Bitter Sweet Symphony" by The Verve. This song came out in the fall of 1997, but didn't peak until the late winter/early spring of 1998. It reached #12 in March 1998. The idiots decided to sample a song, and lost 75% of its profits. Good job Verve.

"Closing Time" by Semisonic- this song came out in the spring of 1998, but peaked at #6 in August.

"Lullaby" by Shawn Mullins- this song peaked at #7 in November 1998. No other song of his was played on the radio again(that we know of).

"Mambo #5" by Lou Bega- this song came out in the fall of 1999. It peaked at #3 in October.

"Blue" by Eiffel 65- this song came out just before Christmas 1999. It peaked at #5 in December.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
l00t

Default Re: One hit wonders

Funny you mention Young MC. He and Tone Loc made tons of cash on wallstreet. Similar to Paris.

Once Tone Loc was asked for that reality show where one hit wonders and has-beens participated in, with Vanilla Ice, I cant recall what it was called.

Anyway the producers only got one response from Tone Loc. A fax with the sum of interest he gets on a yearly base over the money of his bankacccount. Tone Loc's got it made.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Chris Brown
Pretty Ricky
Young Dro
Michael Bolton
Yung Won
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

mike jones comes to mind.. what the hell happened to him?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
l00t

Who?
Old 05-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
mike jones comes to mind.. what the hell happened to him?
He sucks, thats what happened. Who you keep saying the same crap wince 2002, it will get old.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek

"Mambo #5" by Lou Bega- this song came out in the fall of 1999. It peaked at #3 in October.

"Blue" by Eiffel 65- this song came out just before Christmas 1999. It peaked at #5 in December.

These 2 stick out so much for me. I was hooked on Blue by Eiffel 65 it was a good song.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Trick Turner had one big song a few years ago, but nothing since then.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

"stacy's mom" by fountains of wayne.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far

I wish I was a baller by SkeeLo.

I wish I was a baller.
I wish I was a little bit taller.
I wish I had a Benz and a girl so I could call her.

Summer of 95.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #11
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

CrAzY ToWn - ButtErFLy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKQcjvgaz2E
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #12
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That one Jesse McCartney song got real big a couple years ago. God i hated that song.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:22 AM   #13
Dnn111
Serious playground baller

Dnn111 has an OK reputation so far

Mark Morrison, "Return of the Mack" (1997).
Dnn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:09 AM   #14
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

"ice ice baby" - Vanilla Ice
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:12 AM   #15
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Was "Take On Me" by A-Ha a 1 hit wonder? I love that song.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: