Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far
Default Best 10 NFL Teams?

I haven't payed attention to the off-season thus far but who do you guys consider the top 10 NFL teams entering the season. I know there's more moves on the way but from this point on, and can you briefly explain the changes they made.

It's pretty safe to assume San Diego, Carolina, New England and Indy are in that group.

I'm a huge Panther fan...and I must say they had a terrific off-season.
They added arguably the best back up QB in the game in Carr...they have a great RB duo, I have HUGE expectations for DeAngelo Williams, hopefully he gets the starting role.

Their WR core probably decline slightly...they replaced Keyshawn with Jarrett...a young clone of Key, I'm really sad that Johnson was released, I loved his attitude and his optomism about this upcoming season.

Carolina also drafted a TE in the 6th round, I'm not too sure how good this kid is...probably mediocre, so they still don't have that big target for Jake to throw to.

However I'm THRILLED about their OL situation...they didn't have Hartwig or Big W last season...Wahle got injured late in the season AND they drafted the best center in the draft. SO they have 7 capable starters, if they stay healthy they are a VERY good OL.

Their defense is pretty much the same...they drafted a very promising DE, to replace Rucker in a few years...they drafted a great LB in the 1st round....if Morgan can stay healthy this season, this will be a prolific defense...their main weakness and pretty much their only weakness outside of the TE position is their safety trouble...Minter is old and their complimentary safety is very weak, they're thinking of trading Kris Jenkins for a Safety...personally I hope that doesn't happen, he is far to valuable for this team...maybe they can put their rookie LB on the outside and make Thomas Davis play SF like he did in college.

This team is probably stronger then last season, and last season was a HUGE disappointment...they got depth, but they also got a few weak links, something they didn't really have last season.

To me, nothing less then a 12-4 season and failing to make it to the Superbowl will be a disappointment...they have all the weapons to win it all, I just pray injuries don't screw their chances.

Dream SuperBowl: San Diego Vs. Carolina

Last edited by West-Side : 05-07-2007 at 11:21 PM.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
-primetime-

Default Re: Best 10 NFL Teams?

San Diego Chargers 6-1
Indianapolis Colts 9-1
New England Patriots 5-2
Chicago Bears 12-1
Baltimore Ravens 20-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-1
Cincinnati Bengals 20-1
Denver Broncos 20-1
Philadelphia Eagles 18-1
Dallas Cowboys 20-1
Carolina Panthers 20-1

http://www.49erswebzone.com/odds.shtml
Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 AM   #3
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

I'd probably put Baltimore up there in that elite group too.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Wizardly Cool

Everyone watch, the Steelers will finish their season under .500.

Oh, and the Top 10 NFL teams are as follows:

Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals - 2007 AFC North Champs 13-3 Season
Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
San Diego Chargers 6-1
Indianapolis Colts 9-1
New England Patriots 5-2
Chicago Bears 12-1
Baltimore Ravens 20-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-1
Cincinnati Bengals 20-1
Denver Broncos 20-1
Philadelphia Eagles 18-1
Dallas Cowboys 20-1
Carolina Panthers 20-1

http://www.49erswebzone.com/odds.shtml

These Odds are from a reliable betting site.

New England Patriots 5/1
San Diego Chargers 7/1
Indianapolis Colts 8/1
Chicago Bears 10/1
Baltimore Ravens 12/1
New Orleans Saints 14/1
Cincinnati Bengals 16/1
Philadelphia Eagles 16/1
Dallas Cowboys 20/1
Denver Broncos 20/1
Seattle Seahawks 20/1
Carolina Panthers 25/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
Kansas City Chiefs 33/1
New York Giants 33/1
Arizona Cardinals 40/1
New York Jets 40/1
San Francisco 49ers 40/1
St Louis Rams 40/1
Atlanta Falcons 50/1
Green Bay Packers 50/1
Tennessee Titans 50/1
Buffalo Bills 66/1
Miami Dolphins 66/1
Washington Redskins 66/1
Minnesota Vikings 80/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 80/1
Houston Texans 100/1
Cleveland Browns 125/1
Detroit Lions 125/1
Oakland Raiders 200/1
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
Wizardly Cool

With the exception of the Colts and maybe Chargers, that entire list could be flip-flopped this time next year. Never bet on NFL games. The league is super competitive, and any team has a shot to make the playoffs.

It's not designed for the best team(s) to always make the playoffs. In addition, when you make the playoffs, any team has a shot to win the whole damn thing. It's a beautiful system!

Please take note NBA, MLB, and NHL... your 150 and 80 game seasons are exasperating at best... condense the season, make individual games more meaningful and design a playoff system that keeps viewers glued to every single game!

If the NBA were still in the Bird and Jordan era, going back to the drawing board wouldn't be needed. However, we're living in a day and age where superstar centers are nonexistent and everything is based on individualism. The NBA (just like MLB and NHL) needs a quick fix!
Old 05-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade
These Odds are from a reliable betting site.

New England Patriots 5/1
San Diego Chargers 7/1
Indianapolis Colts 8/1
Chicago Bears 10/1
Baltimore Ravens 12/1
New Orleans Saints 14/1
Cincinnati Bengals 16/1
Philadelphia Eagles 16/1
Dallas Cowboys 20/1
Denver Broncos 20/1
Seattle Seahawks 20/1
Carolina Panthers 25/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
Kansas City Chiefs 33/1
New York Giants 33/1
Arizona Cardinals 40/1
New York Jets 40/1
San Francisco 49ers 40/1
St Louis Rams 40/1
Atlanta Falcons 50/1
Green Bay Packers 50/1
Tennessee Titans 50/1
Buffalo Bills 66/1
Miami Dolphins 66/1
Washington Redskins 66/1
Minnesota Vikings 80/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 80/1
Houston Texans 100/1
Cleveland Browns 125/1
Detroit Lions 125/1
Oakland Raiders 200/1

why does Vegas have Philly ranked so good?...Dallas is a better team
Old 05-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ranking the top 10 teams is tough.

Quote:

Better how?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
Wizardly Cool

Quote:

The Cowboys can't even kick a field goal. Romo will never rebound from his clownish mistake.

Dallas Cowboys ... 6-10 next season.

Philadelphia Eagles ... 10-6 win the division.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Everyone watch, the Steelers will finish their season under .500.

Oh, and the Top 10 NFL teams are as follows:

Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals
Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals - 2007 AFC North Champs 13-3 Season

Yeah you must be high.. with that defense there not winning the divison. Im a big steeler fan and No im not just saying that because i absolutely hate the bengals its just that baltimores gonna be back and they should have a decent running game now with mcgahee. Get that 13-3 record out of here. They wil lose to baltimore twice and split it with pittsburgh i do believe.

as for the top 3..

#1- New England Patriots- I dont even wanna talk about my most hated athletic team in history. Acquiring welker, moss, stallworth, adalius thomas, and a decent draft. They will be absolutely loaded. I cant really find a reason how they shouldnt go undefeated this year.

#2- Chargers- They'll be hungry and they've stil got a top running d and
that ladanian tomlinson guy's ok.

#3- Probably a toss up between the colts and the ravens.

As for the six others in no order..

Denver
Seattle
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Panthers
Jaguars
Bears

And my sleeper- San francisco..

Last edited by InLebronWeTrust : 05-08-2007 at 04:15 PM.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
Wizardly Cool

I don't want to make this into a Bengals VS Steelers thread, but the Bengals are in a position to win 5 of the next 7 AFC North titles. McNair will not be productive this year or thereafter. Steelers will be lost this year. Cleveland will eventually get better, but that's at least 2 years down the road.

Will they win a Superbowl, who knows, and only time will tell. I do know, that with Carson Palmer and a damn good supporting cast, the Bengals can win, very, very consistently.

For years I listened to Steeler fans belittle the Bengals and I had no choice but to agree with them. Today is a different story.

Who dey?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Ranking the top 10 teams is tough.

Better how?

better at every single position on the feild with the exception of McNabb is better than Romo...(or at least he is considered to be right now)

Dallas has a better defense now that they fixed thier secondary, added another pass rusher, and Ellis is no longer injured

Dallas has better recievers and O-line

oh hell I guess philly wins in the RB department too...forgot about that, but the Barber/Julius duo isn't bad by any means

I just see philly as being a worse team than they were last year for some reason
Old 05-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

I cant come up with a top 10 to be honest all the others are meshed in together somehow... On paper without knowing their schedule are probably the most complete teams or they are great in 2 phases (O,D,ST)

New England Patriots
San Diego Chargers
Chicago Bears
Baltimore Ravens
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks

my sleeper St Louis Rams
Homer NY JETS!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #14
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Does anybody know who has the easiest schedule of the teams that made the playoffs last year?

These are the teams,

San Diego Chargers
Chicago Bears
Baltimore Ravens
New Orleans Saints
Indianapolis Colts
Philadelphia Eagles
New England Patriots
Seattle Seahawks
New York Jets
Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs
New York Giants

Last edited by Cool : 05-08-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
better at every single position on the feild with the exception of McNabb is better than Romo...(or at least he is considered to be right now)

Dallas has a better defense now that they fixed thier secondary, added another pass rusher, and Ellis is no longer injured

Dallas has better recievers and O-line

oh hell I guess philly wins in the RB department too...forgot about that, but the Barber/Julius duo isn't bad by any means

I just see philly as being a worse team than they were last year for some reason

Hilarious...especially claiming Dallas has the better OL? I stopped taking you serious when i read that. I dont know how any sane Dallas fan on Earth can even think thier OL is good. Especially better than the Eagles which has been consistently effective year after year. You kidding me?

Eagles swept Dallas last year...but ehhh on "paper" you got Dallas being better.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: