Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
KB8tHeGrEaT

Default How many more championships do yall think Kobe will get?

Shaq fat ass already had 4 that sucks but yall think kobe will win more than 4 possibly more than 6 i hope like jordan i think 4 and possibly 5 6 or 7 if we get garnett or any player that will a great team and duo with KOBE MOTHAF'ING BRYANT!!!!!11
Old 05-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How many more championships do yall think Kobe will get?

Sadly, the answer to that question relies on what occurs this off seson, whenit comes to personel moves. The roster has to change in a foward way, in order for Bryant not to look to options that do not include playing in L.A.

KB is beyond talented. He is the epitomy of an ideal star player. Yet that is never enough, not to mention very unfair, to expect one player to do every single thing. Which is what Bryant is being forced to do.

The aspect that hold the lakers hand shackled, is the horrid amount of cash being shelled out to Brian Grant. It pains me that the club has to pay him that cash and it aint even my pocket he's moochin from!

But if the lakers (unlike the past few seasons) can get their act together and land a slolid player by giving Bynum away but kepping Odom. Then the sky is the limit!

If that would occur, I could see the Kobe adding maybe 3 more rings in the next six year future. Particularly if he's still on the team, after his superstar glory years.

ZeN
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

0. Management on the Lakers is crap. It been one missed postseason, and 2 first round exits since Shaq left. Its clear to see that Shaq is the reason Kobe has 3 rings right now. And lets face it, nobody on the LA roster can replace Shaq, and neither can anyone the Lakers will draft/sign in the foreseeable future.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

because I have zero faith in MItch K, I think he will ended up wtih 3 total if he decides to stay in LA, however if he goes to Chicago he could ended up with 6 total.

beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:24 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
0. Management on the Lakers is crap. It been one missed postseason, and 2 first round exits since Shaq left. Its clear to see that Shaq is the reason Kobe has 3 rings right now. And lets face it, nobody on the LA roster can replace Shaq, and neither can anyone the Lakers will draft/sign in the foreseeable future.

There are 2 reasons shaq has 4 championships.

Kobe, and Wade.

If you watch the playoffs several years ago, Shaq was in foul trouble for most of the game and missed a lot of free throws that coulda helped.

A lot of the times he fouled out and Kobe led the lakeshow to wins in the playoffs.

So he needed Kobe but Kobe did need him more
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #6
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

if he doesn't get more ships, he might try 2 chase 1 after he's a lil bit past his prime.. u kno like payton n zo n them
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
There are 2 reasons shaq has 4 championships.

Kobe, and Wade.

If you watch the playoffs several years ago, Shaq was in foul trouble for most of the game and missed a lot of free throws that coulda helped.

A lot of the times he fouled out and Kobe led the lakeshow to wins in the playoffs.

So he needed Kobe but Kobe did need him more
But what did Shaq do before he fouled out? Exactly. Games were usually decided by 8+ points back during those championship runs. Shaq had monster stats in the playoffs, and Kobe is not a clutch player, so he wouldn't be closing out anything.

I'm sure you could replace Kobe or Wade with any 18ppg+ swingman, and you've got a championship team. Shaq brought the Magic to the finals by himself, so he doesn't really need Kobe or Wade that much, but he does need someone.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:26 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
But what did Shaq do before he fouled out? Exactly. Games were usually decided by 8+ points back during those championship runs. Shaq had monster stats in the playoffs, and Kobe is not a clutch player, so he wouldn't be closing out anything.

I'm sure you could replace Kobe or Wade with any 18ppg+ swingman, and you've got a championship team. Shaq brought the Magic to the finals by himself, so he doesn't really need Kobe or Wade that much, but he does need someone.

if he isn't clutch, you can count on 0-1 championships. I usually respect opinions of others even when i don't agree but dude, to say Kobe isn't clutch is like saying Shaq never dominated.

Also, if Wade wasn't getting "fouled" on every single shot he took, Dallas could have probably won.

If Wade was the MVP of the series I would assume he was more important. After all shaq's 9 points in game 6 was pretty mediocre.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:52 AM   #9
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Ahem the reason that team won by 8+ was because of kobe and Shaq. Kobe typically took over in 4th qtrs because we were worried about hack-a-shaq.

Also you might wanna look up a guy named Penny Hardway whose feeling slightly miffed about you thinking he had nothing to do with "Shaq brought the Magic to the finals by himself."

Now I'm not saying Lakerfreak is right about the swingman being more important, because he's wrong, but shaq needed those all star guards to help him get where he did. Let me put it this way, you take shaq out and put duncan, hakeem, d-rob, etc next to anyone of those guys and they still make the finals and win rings.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #10
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

By numbers Kobe isn't clutch, and if you've seen him play in the fourth quarter of games, you'd know why the numbers look like that. Locate that AKA AAP guy, and ask him what Kobe's percentage on game-winning shots is. Its something like 20%. If you get stopped 80% of the time in the clutch, you are not a clutch player.

Wade is clutch however. Last year he did something like score the last 15+ points in an important game against the Pistons, to win the game by one point, which included the game-winner. Wade makes game-winning shots. Kobe's terrible shot selection makes his team fail in crunch time.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:19 AM   #11
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far

kobe wins two more atleast, after he wins one he'll win more, his level of competivness raises every year
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #12
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

I had dreamt 6 more but then again, I ****ed Angelina Jolie the same night.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:53 AM   #13
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
because I have zero faith in MItch K, I think he will ended up wtih 3 total if he decides to stay in LA, however if he goes to Chicago he could ended up with 6 total.

yessir its true
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I think if we keep LO and get JO or Gasol we will win 2-3 championship. Shaq and Kobe needed each other back in the days. Just glad its over and they went separate ways. One way lazy and the other was always ready.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
By numbers Kobe isn't clutch, and if you've seen him play in the fourth quarter of games, you'd know why the numbers look like that. Locate that AKA AAP guy, and ask him what Kobe's percentage on game-winning shots is. Its something like 20%. If you get stopped 80% of the time in the clutch, you are not a clutch player.

Wade is clutch however. Last year he did something like score the last 15+ points in an important game against the Pistons, to win the game by one point, which included the game-winner. Wade makes game-winning shots. Kobe's terrible shot selection makes his team fail in crunch time.

A clutch player makes big plays, it has nothing to do with free throw shooting at all in the end of games.

You see what your doing is comparing Kobe's buzzer beaters to Wade's big fourth quarters. If you compare fairly Kobe's big 4th quarters to Wades, you'd find Kobe with a better edge.

Why don't you ask AAP what wade's buzzer beater percentage is?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: