Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far
Default Crazy Idea

I really believe any real trade may destroy the Laker's for years to come. Mainly that JO deal. Unless we deal for KG or Pau. Or my fav Artest and/or Bibby. We may regret any deal that goes down.
So I was thinking of a rebuilding year. If that's ok with Mr. Kobe that is. It's just a thought. But what if we keep Brown for his Expiring contract. Trade Odom Walton VRad and Cook for young talent expiring contracts and draft picks. And don't use our MLE. Or if we do make it with a team option after the first year. Bring the Laker's Team Salary to a low. So we can have cash to use on a FA or two that will be available next summer. Some one like KG if he's available or any big names that are available. And trade draft picks and youth for some vets. I was thinking of some people who said the best chance of getting KG would be when he's a FA. And right now even if we were to wait, we would only have the MLE to offer.
And it doesn't real destroy our team for next year. We would still have a Roster like this left.

Brown Milm Bynum
Turiaf ? ?
? ? ?
Kobe Evan
? ? Farmar Sasha=

Except with the addition of 2-4 young talent with small contract, which I'm sure many of you could come up with great Ideas. And Expiring Contracts.

Just an Idea if we can't bring in a big name or two this season, and to bring our Team Salary to a low, to sign a FA next summer.

Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Crazy Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future
I really believe any real trade may destroy the Laker's for years to come. Mainly that JO deal. Unless we deal for KG or Pau. Or my fav Artest and/or Bibby. We may regret any deal that goes down.

Can you articulate this more please? How come you feel this way?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Can you articulate this more please? How come you feel this way?

Just that I feel the Laker's are leaning to-wards dealing Odom and Bynum and ? for JO and I don't feel JO will help us win a champion-Ship and lead to the exit of Kobe!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

You think Kobe would still leave if the Lakers traded for Jermaine?
He probably wouldn't even be thinking about leaving.

Kobe + JO is a championship core. JO is an all star.
Getting JO would mean that moves got made, just like Kobe demanded.
I assure you that he won't leave if the Lakers get JO, regardless what you think about the whole situation.
You may not want to trade Bynum for Baron Davis (not now but when Davis' value was very low), you may not want to trade Bynum for Artest, you may not want to trade Bynum for Kidd, you may not want to trade Bynum for anyone.

Well guess what. Kobe wanted all those trades. He doesn't see Bynum in his future.

Sorry to tell you but Kobe would trade Bynum for JO sooner than your heartbeat.

And you think a move like that would ruin us. No. If by ruining you see Kobe leaving then not doing the trade is what would ruin the Lakers because imagine if the Lakers get a chance to trade Bynum for JO and they don't do it.
Can you just imagine the level of Kobe's frustration?
Let's just say I wouldn't want to be in the same state as Kobe once he'd find that out.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
You think Kobe would still leave if the Lakers traded for Jermaine?
He probably wouldn't even be thinking about leaving.

Kobe + JO is a championship core. JO is an all star.
Getting JO would mean that moves got made, just like Kobe demanded.
I assure you that he won't leave if the Lakers get JO, regardless what you think about the whole situation.
You may not want to trade Bynum for Baron Davis (not now but when Davis' value was very low), you may not want to trade Bynum for Artest, you may not want to trade Bynum for Kidd, you may not want to trade Bynum for anyone.

Well guess what. Kobe wanted all those trades. He doesn't see Bynum in his future.

Sorry to tell you but Kobe would trade Bynum for JO sooner than your heartbeat.

And you think a move like that would ruin us. No. If by ruining you see Kobe leaving then not doing the trade is what would ruin the Lakers because imagine if the Lakers get a chance to trade Bynum for JO and they don't do it.
Can you just imagine the level of Kobe's frustration?
Let's just say I wouldn't want to be in the same state as Kobe once he'd find that out.

It's really the Odom and Bynum in one trade that gets me. And I still don't think JO is the right choice. And if it was Bynum for JO and us keeping Odom it would be a good deal, but that's not ever going to happen, just thoughts of delusion. And will have 3 players = 53, mil this year then around 60 mil next.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future
Just that I feel the Laker's are leaning to-wards dealing Odom and Bynum and ? for JO and I don't feel JO will help us win a champion-Ship and lead to the exit of Kobe!
I agree they need alot more than JO to contend for a championship. Maybe Artest, Bibby, and JO plus kobe of course to be a championship team.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
I agree they need alot more than JO to contend for a championship. Maybe Artest, Bibby, and JO plus kobe of course to be a championship team.

All ****in that? You got to be ****in kidding me. You either think JO is trash or you consider Kobe an equal to Ben Gordon because that'd be a freaking loaded team. Damn, some people think Kobe needs THAT much help.

That isn't true at all.

Both Kobe and JO have been a part of great duos. Kobe-Shaq were dominant. Artest-JO were semi dominant until they f-ed it up. 61 win season and they were the biggest contender until the Palace.

If Artest and JO were so good, able to win 60 games etc why couldn't Kobe and JO do the same? What, Kobe's no better than Artest? What is it?

Kobe and JO absolutley is a core of a contender. You can't ask for much more.
As any team, they'd need some good role players but that's a golden core.
Talk about a 6 or something years championship window and Lakers can already in first year get some quality role players if they do the right thing.
They do have the MLE, they do have some decent role players already etc.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
All ****in that? You got to be ****in kidding me. You either think JO is trash or you consider Kobe an equal to Ben Gordon because that'd be a freaking loaded team. Damn, some people think Kobe needs THAT much help.

That isn't true at all.

Both Kobe and JO have been a part of great duos. Kobe-Shaq were dominant. Artest-JO were semi dominant until they f-ed it up. 61 win season and they were the biggest contender until the Palace.

If Artest and JO were so good, able to win 60 games etc why couldn't Kobe and JO do the same? What, Kobe's no better than Artest? What is it?

Kobe and JO absolutley is a core of a contender. You can't ask for much more.
As any team, they'd need some good role players but that's a golden core.
Talk about a 6 or something years championship window and Lakers can already in first year get some quality role players if they do the right thing.
They do have the MLE, they do have some decent role players already etc.

yea n hopefully we'd have radman n he'd b hittin open J's from both of their passes...
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #9
Laker's Future
Banned

But is my idea of a rebuilding year, with young players Draft picks and expiring contracts way off so that we could pay good money for a FA ummm some one like KG and trade for a vet next year, a really stupid idea!?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Kobe and JO absolutley is a core of a contender.

Finally somebody who gets it. 2 all stars is a definate core to build around. I like Odom, don't get me wrong here. But he isn't an all-star. If he didn't make the money that he did and could be that #3 guy he would be great on the team. He isn't a 2nd option kind of player. There were years that Shaq and Kobe didn't win championships together. Do you really think that Kobe and Lamar can? The only thing that makes the Lakers dangerous is the fact that Kobe can go off and win games on his own. He's the one X factor. It just can't be expected that he can do it every night. Get him another all star by his side again with some role players (like Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox back in the day) and that is how championships are won. The Lakers problem is when they traded Shaq they sent him somewhere he wanted to go and didn't get anything in return except for a whole bunch of salaries. They needed to get an all star in return, the problem is nobody wants to give up all stars because then they don't have a core to build around.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: