Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Default trade for Bynum

do you guys like Bynum's potential? the experts claim he would be the #3 pick in this draft if he was there....only 19 years old.
What would you give up to get him?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Default Re: trade for Bynum

A large Pepsi and Nachos
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
A large Pepsi and Nachos

I know you better than that!
seriously, do you think that little of him? Bobcats are building for the future. He could be a great piece to that future.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I know you better than that!
seriously, do you think that little of him? Bobcats are building for the future. He could be a great piece to that future.

Don't think he's worth trading anybody good for.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:43 AM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

This is the only trade I'd ever consider for him:

Lakers get:
The Bobcats Mascot

Bobcats get:
Bynum
Lakers 1st Rd Picks for the next 3 years
Lamar Odom
and Laker fans to admit that the Cats owned them last year.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:47 AM   #6
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

I wouldn't give up too much for him. I don't see much in him at all.

I would give up Brevin Knight and maybe a 2nd rounder at most. I'm not even sure if that would be a good deal.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:14 AM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Alright, I know that many of you dont think much of Bynum, but ive watched the Lakers alot, and heres what I think. Either Morrison, and Hermann plus our 2009 first rounder and Brevin Knight for Bynum. This would give us a lineup not including a FA signing and draft pick of Felton, Carroll, Wallace, Okafor and Bynum. If we decided to sign Carter it would bring Felton, Carter, Wallace, Okafor, Bynum. Or if we decided to even draft a Brewer it would be Felton, Brewer, Wallace, Okafor and Bynum. Ive watched a ton of Laker games this season and Bynum is going to be a stud. Hes only 19, has 2 years under his belt as far as NBA experience, and has the athelticism to run the floor and block shots, that is about as good as you can ask for an NBA center. As of now with Okafor playing his natural position who do we have as a NATURAL center? Brezec? Okafor can play center, but his natural position is PF. sure some of you can say he has been most productive at center, but Okafor and Bickerstaff have even stated he feels more comfortable at PF meaning that we need to draft or sign a true center.

To be honest my dream scenario would be us drafting Corey Brewer and Josh Mcroberts. Only because Mcroberts game is best suited for the NBA and not for college, as a matter of fact look at Boozers college stats then look at what hes done in the NBA. I feel like Mcroberts can have the same impact. Hes a better passer and better athlete than Boozer. Im not by any means indicating that Mcroberts will be a better NBA player than Boozer im just stating that he has the potential to be.

But to answer your initial question, if i had the chance to get a Bynum with the initial trade that said above, than hell yeah I would do it, but the Lakers said "Bynum was untouchable " during the Kidd sweepstakes ( which by the way if the Lakers had Kidd they would probably reach the western conference finals and if not atleast push the spurs to 6 games ) means that the Lakers are not going to give him up lightly. Also in my "dream" scenario by drafting Mcroberts Okafor would have to play center. So either way my point is this. True Centers in this league are hard to find far and between. Let alone a 19 year old center who has had to defer to sir Bryant so far his career.

If we could infd a way to get him to Charlotte without giving up Felton, Wallace, or Okafor than id do it. But the chances of doing it are.........

Not going to happen.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

^ most logical analysis I've seen here. Perhaps Bynum/19th Pick/VRad for
Knight/Hermann/May ?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #9
rknine15
Buckets Baby

Quote:
^ most logical analysis I've seen here. Perhaps Bynum/19th Pick/VRad for
Knight/Hermann/May ?
i dont see the cats giving up hermann
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #10
travelmonkey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

When fans propose trades for their team, the trades they propose always seem lopsided in favor of their team. The reality is, with Bynum's potential upside, the only way Charlotte could get him right now is if they included Okafor AND either May or Hermann in the deal. The Lakers MIGHT do it for Okafor and a high #1. In other words, it ain't happening.

Last edited by travelmonkey : 05-13-2007 at 08:46 PM.
travelmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #11
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmonkey
When fans propose trades for their team, the trades they propose always seem lopsided in favor of their team. The reality is, with Bynum's potential upside, the only way Charlotte could get him right now is if they included Okafor AND either May or Hermann in the deal. The Lakers MIGHT do it for Okafor and a high #1. In other words, it ain't happening.

nah, they wouldn't have to give up that much. Lakers need Knight and either Wallace or Hermann+
Lakers would also chip in other elements to make it work.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
travelmonkey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
nah, they wouldn't have to give up that much. Lakers need Knight and either Wallace or Hermann+
Lakers would also chip in other elements to make it work.

Bynum is a 19 year-old center who's already showed huge improvements. They've had Kareem tuturing the guy for 2 yrs for heaven's sake. They are NOT going to unload this guy casually. They're still looking at him as a guy who will be a 20 pt, 10 reb, 3 block guy within 2-3 yrs. Sorry, but there's no way the Lakers deal him for, errr, Knight and Wallace? Are you kidding? I'm not a Lakers fan but that's just dreaming. I stand by my original statement - it would take Hermann or May AND Okafor, and even then honestly I'm not 100% sure the Lakers would do it. Hell, the Lakers could have Garnett if they were willing to give Odom, Bynum and a #1 to Minnesota, and the Lakers are even on the fence about that one. Bynum is not just another player, he's a potential franchise player.
travelmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmonkey
Bynum is a 19 year-old center who's already showed huge improvements. They've had Kareem tuturing the guy for 2 yrs for heaven's sake. They are NOT going to unload this guy casually. They're still looking at him as a guy who will be a 20 pt, 10 reb, 3 block guy within 2-3 yrs. Sorry, but there's no way the Lakers deal him for, errr, Knight and Wallace? Are you kidding? I'm not a Lakers fan but that's just dreaming. I stand by my original statement - it would take Hermann or May AND Okafor, and even then honestly I'm not 100% sure the Lakers would do it. Hell, the Lakers could have Garnett if they were willing to give Odom, Bynum and a #1 to Minnesota, and the Lakers are even on the fence about that one. Bynum is not just another player, he's a potential franchise player.

interesting perspective. somehow I don't think your fellow bobcat fans would agree. I don't think they would give up Wallace straight-up for Bynum (numbers aside). I hope you are right and bobcat mgmt shares your opinion.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:36 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

How can anyone even speculate about the Cats trading G-Dub? No matter who we got in return I think the other players would feel demoralized if Wallace were traded for anybody.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:22 AM   #15
Laker's Future
Banned

I for one is hoping the Laker's will try not to trade Bynum, I see a lot of potential of him become a very good center, not trying to same he will be amazing or anything. But a true center for years to come. Some thing like Brown and Mihm Combine. IMO Laker's will regret the day they traded him.

A lot of the fans that be demanding his trade sound very much like the ones that were demanding to trade Kobe when he was young. Not trying to compare Kobe to Bynum, even thou both were among the youngest beside JO and both said they would only play for the Laker's and both straight out of High School. But like I said with Bynum you will get a true center for years to come.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: