Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 05-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Default Top 20 Performances From 2006-2007 Season

Quote:
1. Emeka Okafor - January 12 at New York (W 126-110)
20 points, 9-14 field goals, franchise-high 10 blocks, nine rebounds

Okafor missed Charlotte’s first-ever triple-double by one rebound and broke a Madison Square Garden record with 10 blocked shots, including a franchise-best eight in the first half. Okafor nearly broke the Knicks opponent record, set by Larry Nance more than 18 years ago. "You can't block shots if they don't challenge you, and they kept challenging me,'' Okafor said. “And I kept having success with it." Okafor could have had an 11th block, but was called for goaltending late in the fourth quarter.

2. Gerald Wallace - January 31 vs. New York (W 104-87)
Franchise- and career-high 42 points, eight rebounds, three steals, three assists

Wallace scored 17 points in the fourth quarter, including 10 during a pivotal 12-3 spurt to seal the win. The display earned Wallace enough respect from New York’s Stephon Marbury, who called Wallace the most underrated in the league “by far.” Wallace mixed long range jumpers with alley-oops, including four rim-rattling dunks. “I don’t think it was me this time,” Wallace said. “I think it was the maturity of our team – finding me, getting me the ball and me being open knocking down shots…feeding off me and working with the team.”

3. Emeka Okafor - December 29 vs. L.A. Lakers (W 133-124 3OT)
22 points, 10-15 field goals, franchise-high 25 rebounds, four blocks

Charlotte’s top performer in what is arguably the best win in the three-year history of the Bobcats has to be near the top of the list. “It feels nice to win, especially when you spend the whole night trying to get it,” Okafor joked after the first 20-20 game of his career. “Hats off to the Bobcats. Charlotte does not win this game without Okafor's dominating presence in the paint. They played great,” Lakers All-Star Kobe Bryant said. “Okafor had a heck of a game… They deserved to win the game and they won it.”

4. Gerald Wallace - December 27 vs. Washington (L 114-107)
40 points, 15-27 field goals, 10-11 free throws, 14 rebounds, six steals, four blocks

Wallace’s second 40-point game of his career is the only performance that made the list in a losing effort but may be the best all-around individual performance in team history. “He was terrific in all aspects of the game,” Bobcats General Manager & Head Coach Bernie Bickerstaff said. “Here is a guy who steps up and says, ‘I will not let my team lose. Get on my back.’ He was great hustling from one end of the court to the other to save baskets. I thought he was really, really good.”

5. Walter Herrmann - April 14 at Milwaukee (W 113-92)
Career-high 30 points, 12-15 field goals, 6-8 three-pointers, nine rebounds

No Gerald Wallace. No Matt Carroll. No Adam Morrison. No problem. With Walter Herrmann had his best game as a pro, leading the Bobcats to their first-ever win in Milwaukee. “(Herrmann) was feeling it tonight, offensively, and I give him a lot of credit,” Bickerstaff said. Herrmann’s hot shooting helped lead Charlotte to a 60 percent (48-80) night shooting from the field – its second best mark this season. “We knew we had a lot of guys out,” Herrmann said. “We knew we had to step it up with a lot of energy and intensity." Led by Herrmann, the Bobcats did just that on their way to their franchise-best 33rd win of the season.

6. Sean May - December 14 vs. Orlando (W 99-89 on TNT)
Career-high 32 points, 9-15 field goals, 14-17 free throws, six rebounds

May basked in the spotlight, tearing up the Magic in the Bobcats first-ever nationally televised game on TNT. Side-by-side with Okafor (13 points, 11 rebounds), May took it to Orlando inside on the way to the win. "We wanted to bring Sean and Adam (Morrison) off the bench," Bickerstaff said. "Because of injuries to Primoz (Brezec) and Brevin (Knight) going down a couple of times, we just never had the opportunity to get the lineup we planned. Tonight we did and Sean and Adam play very well off each other.” Added May: “I was in the right place at the right time and I got a lot of offensive rebounds. More importantly, we were on national TV and got a good win at home for our fans.”

7. Gerald Wallace - April 3 vs. Washington (W 122-102)
34 points, 16-24 field goals, 11-14 free throws, 14 rebounds, three steals

Wallace was “amazing” according to Bickerstaff, handling the Wizards with repetitive drives. Wallace’s franchise-best eighth 30-plus point effort broke his own mark for the fifth-highest point total in franchise history. The Bobcats forward notched his 14th double-double of the season, while helping Charlotte to win three of four games. “We never had an answer for Wallace,'' said Washington Head Coach Eddie Jordan. Led by Wallace, Charlotte got out to a big lead that staying double digits the entire second half. “Last game, against Toronto, we got off to a slow start and we were playing catch-up the whole time,” Wallace said. “Tonight we didn’t want to get off to a bad start. We wanted to go out and make them chase us for awhile.”

8. Emeka Okafor - November 15 at San Antonio (W 95-92 OT)
19 points, 9-18 field goals, nine rebounds, five blocks, career-high five steals

Emeka Okafor had a feeling heading into Charlotte's game in San Antonio. “We are hungry for a win,” he said following a 94-85 loss on November 14 in Oklahoma City, “so San Antonio may fall victim to that.” The Bobcats backed up Okafor's words. Adam Morrison might have scored a game-high 27 points, but there is no way the Bobcats win their first-ever game over the Spurs without Okafor. His numbers may not be the most impressive on this list, but he challenged Tim Duncan all night and dominated the paint with five blocks and five steals. His putback slam of a Raymond Felton missed free throw with nine seconds left capped the win.

9. Matt Carroll - December 22 vs. Utah (W 101-89)
16 points, 4-7 field goals, 2-3 three-pointers, 6-6 free throws, one block

If Carroll would have scored at all in the first three quarters, he might have cracked the Top 5, but he definitely deserves to be in the Top 10 after scoring all 16 points in the fourth quarter and knocking out Andrei Kirilenko’s tooth on the way to the win. “When we were in that fourth quarter, what was going through my mind was that we just let (a 19-point lead) slip away in New York (on Wednesday). We were up by 20 points (53-33 at halftime) and let it slip away – we can’t let this happen,” Carroll said. “I just tried to do everything I could, finally got rolling and kept it going.”

10. Raymond Felton - December 29 vs. L.A. Lakers (W 133-124 3OT)
22 points, 15 assists, four rebounds, two steals, franchise-high 57 minutes

Felton was a perimeter catalyst during the Bobcats most dramatic win of the season. The second-year guard has played marathon minutes, but was exhausted after playing 57 minutes. ““Everybody fought hard. Everybody was together. Everyone was just into the game. You could feel the energy out there,” Felton said. “Everybody in the stands could feel the energy that we felt. They felt like they were out there playing with us – that’s the same energy we’re trying to bring to Charlotte every night. That’s the future right there, what everybody saw and felt tonight. That’s the future… This was one of the best games in history. I'm glad I was a part of it.”

11. Adam Morrison- February 21 at Minnesota (W 100-95)
26 points, 10-19 field goals, 4-7 threes, four rebounds, 29 minutes

Morrison scored all of his game-high 26 points in the second half, including 15 points in the final quarter to propel the Bobcats to their third straight win and first-ever at the Target Center. “My teammates did a good job of getting me the ball in the right situation,” Morrison said. “I was hot, and that is what the NBA is all about, getting the ball to the right guy.'' The rookie began to heat up late in the third, when he scored eight straight points. He mixed in stepback and fadeaway jumpers to tie a career-high four treys and during a 3:48 span in the fourth, scored 10 straight of Charlotte’s points. “He shot an assortment of shots tonight, everything,” Bickerstaff said. “Off one leg, off the move. It was just a great game.”

12. Derek Anderson- January 12 at New York (W 126-110)
Season-high 29 points, 9-11 field goals, career-high-tying six threes (6-8), three steals

Anderson triggered perhaps the best shooting night on the road this season tying a franchise-best six treys, while seemingly unable to miss from the field. He also turned things up defensively, swiping three steals. “Our veterans really stepped up and they kept us composed,” Bickerstaff said. “Derek Anderson does a lot of the intangibles.” Anderson helped Charlotte to a season-best 74-point second half. The Bobcats added 36 points in the third quarter and 38 in the fourth - both season highs in their respective quarters.

13. Emeka Okafor - February 14 vs. Chicago (W 100-85)
15 points, 6-10 field goals, 21 rebounds, six blocks, 41 minutes

Okafor posted a double-double (11 points, 12 rebounds) in the first half and dominated against Chicago’s Ben Wallace to snap Charlotte’s four-game losing streak. "When we have a game like this, we show what we can do,'' Okafor said. Early on, Okafor denied two straight Bulls short-range attempts, and on a late-fourth quarter possession, thwarted two straight dunk attempts from rookie Tyrus Thomas. “(Okafor) gave us problems all night long,” said Chicago coach Scott Skiles.

14. Sean May- March 14 vs. Sacramento (W 111-108)
20 points, 9-17 field goals, 2-2 threes, 12 rebounds, 35 minutes

May had missed all six three-point attempts in his two-year career, but hit both, including the go-ahead shot with 16 seconds left to lift Charlotte to its second straight win. “The first one was a little bit of luck, and the second one was a big shot,” May said. “That’s something eventually I’d like to add to my game, but tonight we were fortunate it went down and got a big win out of it.” May notched his seventh double-double of the season and also drew a critical charge on Ron Artest with 9.2 ticks left. “I just tried to put myself in position to make a good play,” May said.

15. Jeff McInnis- January 20 vs. Atlanta (W 104-85)
Season-high 17 points, 7-11 field goals, season-high nine assists, four rebounds

McInnis played his best game in two years less than a month after being acquired from the Nets. McInnis started with Felton (ankle) and Brevin Knight (torn abdominal muscle) sidelined. “He’s done a great job of running the offense, getting the ball to our shooters and creating when we need it from the point guard position,” Wallace said. McInnis triggered a franchise-best team shooting percentage of 64.6 percent (42-65). “The ball was moving and everyone got some good touches,” Carroll said. McInnis agreed: “I just try to deliver it, and when the shots are there, step up and make them.'”

Best Of The Rest
16. Walter Herrmann - March 30 vs. Milwaukee (W 97-81)
23 points, 11-15 field goals, nine rebounds, three assists, 42 minutes

17. Matt Carroll - December 29 vs. L.A. Lakers (W 133-124 3OT)
Career-high-tying 27 points, 8-16 field goals, 4-7 threes, 7-7 free throws, eight rebounds

18. Emeka Okafor - February 23 vs. Philadelphia (W 102-87)
16 points, 7-13 field goals, 16 rebounds, two steals, 31 minutes

19. Gerald Wallace - March 20 vs. Cleveland (W 108-100 OT)
27 points, 11-17 field goals, 11 rebounds, five blocks, four assists

20. Gerald Wallace - March 28 vs. Atlanta (W 101-87)
31 points, 12-16 field goals, 7-9 free throws, nine rebounds, four steals, four blocks, 43 minutes

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/top_20_070425.html
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: