Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default OT: can the human body take a 2 story fall onto grass?

I've been wanting to jump off my roof lately. not because I'm suicidal or anything. but because it would be fun.

so could I do it unscathed?

and don't say "there's only one way to find out." because I've thought of that and decided that there definitely is more than one way to find out and I prefer one that doesn't result in a broken leg.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT: can the human body take a 2 story fall onto grass?

Sure. I would imagine there's a good chance of you breaking your legs/ankles or wrist if you try to brace yourself.

People have gone skydiving and had parachutes fail; 16 feet is nothin.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling...from_buildings

falls from the 2nd floor will not kill you if you don't break something in your neck.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

yes. I live on the 2nd floor and have always kind of secretly wanted for some disaster to happen where I am forced to miraculously save myself by jumping out my window and into the backyard, then escape to safety and/or save the day. It's 20ft. If you land right and fall as you're landing to minimize the impact some, I think you'd be okay. You could also shatter every bone in your body, but I think I'd be fine.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 PM   #5
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

People spending most our lives living in the gangsta's paradise.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Make sure you roll when you land.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes, it can. But I wouldn't recommend it.

PS... this season of the Sopranos is so f*cking good. Holy balls.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #8
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

How did Locke NOT die in LOST from that fall.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey

the untrained can piledrive their head into the ground, resulting in death
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #10
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I have a feeling Tony will be gone before the series ends. NY/NJ getting very heated.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #11
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I really really want to try it.

I am good at landing so I know that wouldn't be the problem. I jump off things all the time but I've never tried something that steep, or really more than 10 feet that I can think of.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

If these guys can do splits from that far up, you should be abl to jump from 2 stories without a problem.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kbIwVGnL7rU
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sounds like an episode from MTV Jackass.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #14
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
Would that really help?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

You have to record it
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: