Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Favorite QT film?

What is your favorite QT film? Dogs? PF? Kill Bill?

Personally, my favorite is Jackie Brown. Yeah, I know it's light on the action and there is lots of talking, but Grier and Robert Forrester are just too likeable in this movie. It's predictable and Robert De Niro is underused, but it's still my favorite.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Favorite QT film?

I was actually going to say Jackie Brown as well, so I'll say Kill Bill Vol. 2 instead. Less violent than the first film, but much more engaging interaction between the characters. Kiddo's training with Pai Mei was great, but squishing Elle's last eye between her toes was my favorite part of the whole movie.

Last edited by Randy : 05-22-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pulp Fiction > Jackie Brown = Kill Bill Vol. 1 = Kill Bill Vol. 2 >>>>> Reservoir Dogs

I loved all of them except Reservoir Dogs which I find so grossly overrated.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill was close though

I do need to see Jackie Brown again tho, it's been so long... "I'm not getting in no dirty ass trunk, I gotta problem with small places"
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

This may sound crazy to most, but my favorite QT film was Death Proof, and I've seen them all.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Mine is Jackie Brown as well, I saw it when it first came out on Christmas Day in 1997. Pulp Fiction is pretty cool, I would put it at #2. It look would probably be much higher if not for the way the movies was edited...just confusing. I've only saw parts of both Kill Bill movies, but I have to put aside four hours-plus so I can the films in full. I've never seen Reservoir Dogs though.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

In order, IMO:

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill Volume II
Kill Bill I
Death Proof
Jackie Brown
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

He wrote True Romance which was/is dope
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yeah True Romance is good as is From Dusk Till Dawn.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #10
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Yeah True Romance is good as is From Dusk Till Dawn.

They should have used the premise of the first half of FDTD expanded it into the feature, that would've been great. The whole vampire bar experience ruined the movie IMO.

Last edited by Randy : 05-23-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 AM   #11
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I'm with funky... death proof is my *favorite*. not gonna sit here and tell you it's his best. but man I love that movie.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:31 AM   #12
-primetime-

Quentin Tarentino might be the most over-rated director in the history of film.

Pulp Fiction was an absolute master peice....everything else he has done sucks imo.

I believe he is still riding the hype of Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown....sucks, it is not over-rated though because it got awful reviews and was never rated high

both Kill Bills....awful, the end of vol. 2 with the 5 step heart thing reminded me of some crap a 3rd grade kid would make up and claim it to be real.

From Dusk Till Dawn....great movie, too bad Quentin had nothing to do with it other than act.

Death Proof...I wish I would have gone home, waste of time

Resevior Dogs...not bad, probably his second best movie
Old 05-23-2007, 01:44 AM   #13
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Quentin Tarentino might be the most over-rated director in the history of film.

Pulp Fiction was an absolute master peice....everything else he has done sucks imo.

I believe he is still riding the hype of Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown....sucks, it is not over-rated though because it got awful reviews and was never rated high

both Kill Bills....awful, the end of vol. 2 with the 5 step heart thing reminded me of some crap a 3rd grade kid would make up and claim it to be real.

From Dusk Till Dawn....great movie, too bad Quentin had nothing to do with it other than act.

Death Proof...I wish I would have gone home, waste of time

Resevior Dogs...not bad, probably his second best movie

Not true at all. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jackie_brown/

Everyone knows QT is a hack, he steals shots from Sergio Leone films and rips off martial arts films constantly. He's no Martin Scorsese or Francis Coppola, but at least his films are entertaining.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:52 AM   #14
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Not true at all. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jackie_brown/

Everyone knows QT is a hack, he steals shots from Sergio Leone films and rips off martial arts films constantly. He's no Martin Scorsese or Francis Coppola, but at least his films are entertaining.
the "cream of the crop" reviews came in at 65%....those are the reviewers that take it seriously....

those are still better reviews then I remember though
Old 05-23-2007, 01:58 AM   #15
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
the "cream of the crop" reviews came in at 65%....those are the reviewers that take it seriously....

those are still better reviews then I remember though

I just remember on the Jackie Brown DVD the extras section had Siskel and Ebert's review of the film and they both praised it immensely. It's no Pulp Fiction, but I did like it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: