Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default Even if my team was in need of a Center, I'd take Durant

Kevin Durant is clearly the best player in college basketball and is the most NBA ready player in years. I wouldn't care if my team was full of swingmen and perimeter guys and no low post presence, I'd still take him over Oden.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Even if my team was in need of a Center, I'd take Durant

Even though Oden didn't haev his best possible year due to injuries, AND if he develops a real good post game, he'll be absolutley dominate. Defence wins championships.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I get that feeling about Durant too. Time will tell. Just don't think that Oden is mentally prepared to beast it up.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #4
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Funny, I'd go for Oden even if my team didn't need a big man.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not taking Oden is really dumb

really dumb
JtotheIzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Yeah, I think the Celts would take Oden if they got the chance, as would the majority of the teams in the league.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no way, size trumps speed. Oden will be a beast. He just recently got full use of his right wrist back and has a 38" vertical which he is working to improve! (read the insider request posted in the other thread)
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

as long as a team realizes oden is going to take a couple years to develope his offensive game he's the better pick... if you looking for some one who might contribute right off the bat then you gamble on durant
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
ballahollic
I airball my layups

ballahollic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
as long as a team realizes oden is going to take a couple years to develope his offensive game he's the better pick... if you looking for some one who might contribute right off the bat then you gamble on durant

Durant will contribute off the bat if you're looking for a rookie that will be forced to shoot mid range and long range shots all game and look silly whenever he tries to drive on sf's. Then he will think posting up might serve him better...but will realize that he's a frail young man and can't back down NBA sf's and pf's.
ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

something tells me every oden vs durant game will be televised
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #11
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

The only teams that I can see taking Durant over Oden are the Rockets and Magic, but neither are in the lottery so it doesn't matter.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #12
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Kevin Durant is clearly the best player in college basketball and is the most NBA ready player in years. I wouldn't care if my team was full of swingmen and perimeter guys and no low post presence, I'd still take him over Oden.
thank the LORD your not my teams GM.....

not taking Oden will be really dumb indeed..but again it all goes with team needs!!....If your team NEEDS a big man...WHY WHY why..... would u want to take a player like Durant if u already have a guy like Pierce Gerald Green Deng Gerald Wallace Artest?
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #13
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Not taking Oden this year is really silly. I don't even care what team you are.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

imo Oden doesnt spell ROY maybe yes but nah...but he does spell DYNASTY!!
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #15
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love how people are thinking Oden isn't going to be great because of the year he had this year. He put up better numbers than Shaq, Hakeem, and Ewing did as freshmen (I think, could be wrong). If you have #1, you gotta take him.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: