Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Sixers interested in Beno Udrih

Quote:
In another development, another source indicated that the Sixers are among several teams to have contacted San Antonio about possibly trading for backup point guard Beno Udrih.
link (also on the ISH front page)

i think he could be a good fit if the sixers can get him -and that's a big if, given that "several teams have contacted"-
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:36 AM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

im not sure i like this too much. He'd jus be a backup to ai, and maybe even willie green. If we give up anything else than a sign and trade for salmons, i don't like the deal. I also wouldn't mind louis williams, but i doubt they'll do that.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #3
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Anything is better than Ollie at the bench and besides Udrih was pretty solid for the spurs in 2005 before he was left deep in the depth chart when San Antonio signed Van Exel. Id welcome a sign and trade of Salmons for Udrih. Then just go after a big guy.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.

How tall is he??
Just wondering if he and AI could be on the court at the same time, with him running the PG and AI at the SG.. Would we rather have Brent Barry?? Just a question..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

nah...don't want barry. We have enough wings. I wouldn't mind salmons for him, but i would like to see what else we could get for him. Because a gm earlier this year was quoted of saying that he needs to get out of philly and described it as a jail or prison or somthing. People think and know he has potential and all the physical tools to be good, so i would like to see if we could get more for him. Udrih is 6-3 200 btw, so they could play with eachother, but udrih doesn't play great defense and the only way that it could work is if the pg plays defense like an eric snow type.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #6
NBAfan32

Udrih is 6'3". 6pts 2 asts as backup to Tony Parker, he's not much of a defender though but he can handle the point. I also wouldnt mind seeing Brent Barry here. He's got a year left on his contract, can play either PG or SG and gives us another shooter.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #7
NBAfan32

Quote:
because a gm earlier this year was quoted of saying that he needs to get out of philly and described it as a jail or prison or somthing. People think and know he has potential and all the physical tools to be good, so i would like to see if we could get more for him.

Wow...lol. I dont think Salmons is anything special. I mean he's showed flashes and always owned the Summer League but when given the chance he just doesnt show it night in and night out. He's also a chucker. If that's what other GMs think of him, i just wish Philly's able to nab something good in return.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.

Sixerfan, you're right on point with the fact that we have too many wings, but I was under the impression that Barry could play SG, and has handles to be able to run the offense pretty well, so that AI could roam around.. Also, he'd help spread the floor when Korver is on the bench..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

yeah, he could do that, and now that i hear he's in the final year, that makes it intriguing.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

barry could be a very good fit, since he could play PG on offense and SG on defense. He was the ballhandler in seattle before leaving to SA. he is a little old, but there would be a good rotation in the backcourt.

However, I dont see how sixers could get him. Spurs, and nobody in their right mind would trade him for salmons.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #11
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

I don't see who the Spurs want, except Dalembert.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: